A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

7DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2021

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


7DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2022

Bald Bloke

Mr D
"Oh, Ben... a friend of mine swears by lying on a phone book for bad backs. Apparently it hurts like a b*st*rd but it does help"

The only way that works is by causing something else to ache more so you can't feel the first ache, you might as well try stubbing your toe, that will stop you feeling the backache for a while as well.

[BB]


7DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2023

Agapanthus

Happy Birthday Sporky! smiley - gift Socks with, let me see now, your favourite food? embroidered onto the clocks. Great if the food is apples or cake, less attractive if it's lasagne, but do-able.

I took my books back to the library today and paid my late-returns fine like the good girl I am. I didn't even beging to attempt the 'I hurt my toe' excuse as my toe, despite the ornamental nail, is perfectly happy being stuffed into trainers and walked on. It won't countenance my favourite boots though. Scruffarama.

We had a Cocker Spaniel once. He was a stray we adopted out of sheer pity, as he kept hanging about looking thinner and thinner and getting burrs in his ears. Dear affectionate creature, vilely named 'Cocker' by my deeply unimaginative step-father, but the name stuck because sweet as he was he was utterly devoid of personality (the dog that is, not the step-dad). And boy was he dumb. In Italy alas it was quite common for people to dump unwanted pets by driving up the motorway to parts unknown and leaving the dog at the side of said road. There was a motorway at the bottom of our land (we had lots of land) so we assumed that was what had happened to Cocker as a punishment for being the most boring animal in Christendom. He had marks of a collar but no collar and was terrified of cars. Getting him into the car so we could take him to the vet upset him so badly we let him out again and paid the extra for the vet to come to us.

*sigh* Poor old Cocker. We eventually gave him to some friends of ours (as we had five dogs and really it was getting more than we could handle). I think he made a very good pet for a growing family as he was so very sweet and mild. And dumb and patient and gentle. Except in cars.


7DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2024

Mrs Zen

smiley - laugh

Got a footstool at work today, which makes a difference. And I'll get myself off to an osteo in a week or so, I think. And sleep with the pillow under my bum. The phonebook idea is a good one too, but contrary to popular opinion, I do get rather bored when I am flat on my back.

Off to grab a kip, but the UK-based salonistas may enjoy filling in the questionnairey-thing here http://www.bbc.co.uk/voices/languagelab/register.shtml?wordmap

I'll clean and tidy when I get up
I'll clean and tidy when I get up
I'll clean and tidy when I get up

Sure I will.

In the meantime - a smiley - gift for Sporky. Happy Birthday!

Ben


7DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2025

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

That method of lying on phone books sounds like an attempt to apply acupressure randomly...

Happy birthday, Sporky.


7DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2026

Hypatia

*presents Sporky with a set of stoneware mac & cheese bowls*

I haven't had a particularly good morning. There is no point in going into details, but it looks like my mom is going to lose my dad's pension due to sheninagians in management, I was run over by a woman in a wheelchair which resulted in a hugh bruise, a backache and a sprained wrist, the windshield wipers on my car stopped working and I just got home to find a message from smellfungus requesting a pow wow before tomorrow evening's board meeting.

The afternoon isn't going to be that great either. I have to go to the dentist. David, in your dream was I banging my head against the wall?


7DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2027

Mrs Zen

Actually, I think it might be more to do with decompressing the spaces between the vertebrae Lil. I stand appallingly badly, and slouch when I sit. There are a lot of bad habits to overcome. Maybe I should find an Alexander Technician rather than an Osteo.

Enough burbling.

Bed!

Now!



B


7DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2028

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Bald bloke, I meant lying on your back on a phone book... it's not about making something else hurt but about making things click and mangle until they're all happy again. I mentioned the pain as a warning. I'll speak to the friend as he knows more about it than I do.


7DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2029

Courtesy38

{Courtesy}


7DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2030

marvthegrate LtG KEA

[MTG{KEA}]


7DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2031

FG

My childhood dog was a Maltese named Barney. My parents got him when I was less than a year old, and he and I used to fight over our toys. I say "our" because often as not I would steal his and he would steal mine. One of those family stories designed to embarrass me in front of friends and potential boyfriends involves my parents watching me steal one of Barney's chew toys. I was clad only in diapers and Barney, spotting my attempt at grand larceny, jumped up and grabbed my diapers by the rear end. While I was crawling one way with the chew toy in my mouth, he was pulling mightily on my butt in the other direction, growling all the while.


7DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2032

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - biggrin
[-B4-]


7DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2033

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


7DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2034

Bagpuss

smiley - hug for Hypatia.

smiley - gift for Sporky.

Ben - I've heard that lying on a hard floor is good for backs, so I expect there's something in the phonebook idea.

I set this thing up: http://myguestmap.lorca.eti.br/guestmap.jsp?id=h2g2&locale=en. It's based on Google maps, but you can put markers on it. Would salonistas like to add themselves? There's a page about it at A5076614.


7DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2035

Z

ARRGGGH! I should never have used the Q word! Just as I was finishing off my final jobs on the ward about 5.30 - so not too late. My Consultant Mr C turns up and wants to go around and wants to meet all the patients.

smiley - grr

*gives Ben a soothing backrub*


7DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2036

Witty Moniker

Happy belated birthday, Sporky! smiley - bubbly

I am on your map, Bagpuss!


7DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2037

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

I am now on the map, though I'm having trouble working out whether my little icon person is male or female... smiley - erm


7DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2038

Z

Am struggling to work out how to add myself to the map... but will do when I do.


7DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2039

Bagpuss

Z - just click on the map.

David - I think that's male, but there is something slightly feminine about it, isn't there?

*waves to the Jersey Shore*


7DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2040

Witty Moniker

*Waves back*

Drat! I didn't notice that I could link to My Space, and it won't let me edit the information. Baggers, can you delete it and I'll place a new one? (I also ended on on the Delmarva Peninsula, not bad when clicking from orbit.)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more