A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2141

Hypatia

Guess I'll watch a DVD of some sort or other. Fortunately I have a lot of good ones.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2142

Mrs Zen

I'm a plain crisp baby.

Got home after a chilled (and chilly) day doing very little. We went out on the razzle with some nurses on Saturday, but I'm not very good at very loud pubs full of drunk people I don't know, so we bottled and went to the Blackpool Tower ballroom instead.

It is an entirely splendid place with not one set of balconies but two - http://tinyurl.com/coneha and we watched people roughly my age dancing to Motown and Northern Soul. (Z doesn't dance, and I wasn't bothered). It was fascinating. Everyone was doing it for the love of the music, not to pull, and most of them were good. The men in particular were strutting the stuff they had strutted 30+ years ago. There were two who started doing each other's moves, like the banjo duel in Deliverance, but dancing instead of banjos.

It was fascinating to see several hundred people unselfconsciously feeling 20 on the inside and looking 50 on the outside.

B


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2143

Sol

Snow has hit Nodnol, would you believe. In depth, b'god. The neighbourhood's kids are outside and squeaking. I an sorely tempted to wake up the Star and go and play too.

Do like Marv and ltp's mohair trousers. I also think the shoes should be part of the deal.

Mushroom flavoured crisps are something I got quite fond of in Moscow. I think they were Swedish though. Estrella were the company who did them. Always thought they didn't have much in common with mushroom flavour, but that was before my Mother in Law started keeping dried mushrooms in my cupboards.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2144

FG

Northern Soul, Ben? Que es?

I like flavored smiley - crisps...dill pickle, sea salt & vinegar, sour cream & cheddar. I can finish a whole bag without thinking about it at all, which is why I never have a bag around the house.

David, you make a fantastic genie!


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2145

FG

Oooo...thinking about it, lime & chile tortilla chips are my favorite.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2146

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

They have a new flavour of nik-nak's crisps, scampi and emon, i am not supposed to eat them as the flavouring has lactose in, but they are almost irresistable.

I also like salt and vinegar crisps, but not walkers smiley - yuk have to be kettle chips, or McCoys smiley - drool

i was a very naughty mouse and had half a packet of cheese and onion crisps earlier, they didnt taste as good as they smelled, or as good as i remember them tasting.

minismiley - mouse


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2147

Mrs Zen

Black American music, not just motown, that was particularly popular in the North West of England in the 70s: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_soul

B


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2148

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

The notes are complete and we will have a new conversation tomorrow between, oh, 7 and 9 Mountain Time. smiley - smiley


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2149

Reality Manipulator

David I love pantomines and it has been a very long time since I have ben to one, you look a very convincing genie, all you need is the magic lamp and the flying carpet.

The other flavours of crisps smiley - crisps I like are anything with salt and vinegar and various cheese varieties.smiley - drool


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2150

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

*Thinks* five hours behind or five hours ahead? hmm either midnight-2am, or 2-4pm UK time Possibly.

Oh someone else who knows how to work these things out can figure it out.

minismiley - mouse


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2151

Mrs Zen

Here you go FG: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yUyQdSQWmi0&feature=related I think this is actually filmed in the ballroom at Blackpool Tower. smiley - cool

B


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2152

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

Goodnight all.

minismiley - mouse


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2153

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Awake (after a fashion) snow on the ground - pathetic amount though. Not enough for a snowball, actually.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2154

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Between 7 and 9 am Mountain Time would be between 6 and 8 am Pacific Time, which would make it between 10 pm and midnight in the UKsmiley - ok

I may actually make the first page for once, since I'll still need to get up at my usual time to help Faith get ready for schoolsmiley - bigeyes

Our church is throwing a big thing for the big game, which I wasn't going to go to, but Tom is doing music and a message during halftime, so... At least the pastor's wife isn't into football, either (our pastor was on his uni's football team) so she'll be bringing games to play--though the only game I care about is Pit. Very fun, and it surprises people how competitive I can getsmiley - evilgrin (Though nothing compared to how I shocked Tom the first time we went up to visit my grandma and we played The Marble Game, which I've learned is a simplification of Aggravation--up to 4 players instead of 6, and without the extra holes in the middle. The board we've always used is homemade and nicely, out of wood.) Yep, even-quieter-IRL me changes quite a bit during boardgames and card games. Faith's still at the age where she's a sore loser, so she's allowed to win at times, but I seem to remember being the same way, and I'm a good sport now, even if I get a bit "enthusiastic"...


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2155

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

[Mr. D smiley - pirate]


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2156

lostmonalisa

you make a wonderful genie, David.

Amy, i hope you hold out for all the important things.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2157

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

[mr]


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2158

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

No, add 7 hours from me and you get between 2 and 4 pm UK time. smiley - geek


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2159

soeasilyamused, or sea

[smiley - peacedove]


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2160

FG

smiley - ta Ben!


Key: Complain about this post