A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2061

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

Thnks hyp!
Blimey, why the name change?
I think, but am not certain that it is due to there now being thought that there are several types of Bi Polar Disorder and not all have truely manic episodes like is thought of as mania. Eg literally rushing around cleaning manically, like I was this morning, but more gentle episodes. I really am not certain though so don't quote me on it as Shrink explained yesterday but have very poor memory at moment!
.
I think I have the quick cycling one as this morning I was going from manic cleaning on edge of tears to really down and low in seconds. thankfully I didn't crash down untill I had most of my flat's floor finished,lol.
Manic cleaning is a plus side to Bi Polar so not all bad, blimey that made me smile as typed it.
Unfortunately I am in a position of being totally unmedicated for depression at moment as ant-depressant has been completely withdrawn to discover side effects and can't start the mood stabiliser( never had one before) until ECG, bloodtests, chest xray results are known to ensure mood stabiliser meds are safe for me. Only then can I start an anti-depressant again, even then presumably mood stabiliser must be assessed to ensure it is working properly too.
If I don't have mood stabiliser started it seems I will go mega manic again like just recently.
.
This is actually quite a dodgy time for me as very low, manic and on no anti-depressant at all which is why they are keeping a very close eye on me and asking me to make sure i have their crisis line number with me, I am not in the mood for doing anything silly at moment so should be ok, fingers and all toes crossed!


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2062

Sol

[Sol] to Strangely on getting some decent meds.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2063

Reality Manipulator

Lil I am very sorry to hear what happened to you at the supermarket, I hope that your specialist can help you.smiley - hugsmiley - cuddle In the UK some shopping centres and/or supermarkets supply wheelchairs but it is not the motorized ones.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2064

Reality Manipulator

Strangely Good luk and I hope everything will work out out for the best.smiley - hugsmiley - cuddle


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2065

Santragenius V

More smiley - moonsmiley - moon, smiley - cheerup & smiley - hug freely distributed.

As to inheritances, Mrs SG V and her sisters have the plundering done and agreed on, with their mother and (late) father's blessing. All of them came by during a vaguely defined period and made notes of what they'd especially like and why and then met one day and compared lists. A relatively benign negotiation for an hour or two followed and now everybody has the list and knows what goes where. Quite smiley - zen, really.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2066

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2067

FG

Santra, your wife's family is entirely too civilized. What's it like? smiley - silly


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2068

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Final handbagging from Freddie: my doctor has called in sick. And she has jury duty on Monday. But I can't go to the doctor on Tuesday because I'm supposed to be in Roswell for all-day training for the job that starts in mid-February that I don't even know whether I'm fit enough to do because I can't get to a doctor in time.

I'm on standby for seeing the doctor on Monday and on the calendar for sure on Wednesday. And I elected not to do the post awful gig tomorrow morning.

With all this bad luck, maybe I should go get some lottery tickets!

Sounds like we're all having scheduling problems of one sort or another.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2069

Mrs Zen

>> All of them came by during a vaguely defined period and made notes of what they'd especially like and why and then met one day and compared lists. .

We did that, called it "Vultching" because we were acting like vultures and hovering around waiting for Pa to pop his cloggs. It might even have been Pa who came up with the term. smiley - smiley (I do miss that man).

When my Ma died, my siblings I had a row about who got the extra money from the house, because Big Sis had put some capital in to it in the 70s. The row took the form of her saying "forget it - it's too complicated to work out" (and her an actuary!) and the rest of us saying "no, no, you should have extra". We forced her to take it too.

I did wonder if we amused the solicitor.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2070

Gw7en (V 2.0)

I woke up way too early this morning - who knew there were two sixes in a day? - but it was for a good cause. I took a friend to a follow-up interview and now I am sitting in her home hanging out for the day. Still no word on the follow-up phone interview I've been promised since last Thursday, but there is plenty of time left today... If they call next week, I can still chat with them, but they'll have to wait till I get back from SLC to see my smiling face in person. smiley - silly

*sips smiley - tea*


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2071

Irving Washington

*Sips smiley - coffee*

I am being lectured by a very thin, bald man wearing thick rimmed glasses and a sweater vest. The subject, naturally, is tax law.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2072

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

Had a bit of an adventure yesterday. As I was walking J home after going for a wee drink, we spotted someone face down on the pavement. We ascertained that he was conscious, but confused, though not in too much pain. Realising that his face was covered with blood, J called an ambulance while I stayed with him and kept him talking, not wanting to have an unconscious chap on the very cold street. Once the paramedics arrived, it seemed he wasn't seriously hurt, but did need some attention. Thanks were exchanged and we went on our way. I couldn't help but wonder if many people had just walked past him before we found him.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2073

Reality Manipulator

Where I live we see a lot of ambulances, even though the nearest hospital is 18 miles away. I remember there was a tv journalist who dressed as an old woman and fell in the street to see if anyone would help up, it was quite a long time before anyone helped up and it was no other than Russelll Brand.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2074

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

It's interesting what people will ignore... A coworker of mine came to work, telling us all about a man she had seen on the side of the road. She called it in, and went to work, feeling like she had fulfilled her civic duty. Turned out the man was dead - one homeless guy, killed by another homeless guy. So the knowledge that she had seen a dead guy haunted her for the rest of the day.

On the other hand, the number of people begging for money has really risen in the last year. It's gotten to the point where I ignore people asking for money, because I'm so tired of it. Which really ruins it for the people who actually NEED help!

Lil, you might try sleeping on your stomach for a while, with an ice pack on your back. At least until you can get to the doctor! It doesn't rain but it pours, huh?


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2075

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Not an attractive thought in the dead of winter! And I just know I'd wake up with a cat in the place of the ice pack. I felt like Gulliver this morning, trying to struggle out of the bedclothes with cats pinning the blankets down at every crucial point.

But I'll try.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2076

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

There was a woman who was abandoned in single digit temperatures on the East Coast, and a motorist let her use his/her cellphone, but wouldn't give her a ride to town. Another hour passed before someone stopped and took her to the hospital, and now she has to have surgery on her severely frostbitten feet.

The first driver should be cited for criminal neglect!


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2077

Witty Moniker

There is plenty of stupidity to go around in that story. Did the victim call the police from that cell phone? No, she called the 'friends' that dropped her off there and asked them to come back and get her!

I think a Darwin Award Honorable Mention is in order.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2078

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!




My mum just phoned to say they have a puppy! wow
A cross breed of collie and german shepard (yup this is going to be one BIG dog) The dog is nine weeks old and named Millie or Milly (not sure how they are spelling it yet)

The annoying thing is that i wont get to meet the puppy for about a fortnight as i have friends coming to stay this weekend, and am in Glasgow for a hootoo meet next weekend.

but still New dog cool , doubly so as my mum said we were not getting any more pets. Liar! biggrin



My former flatmate and i once phoned an ambulance for a man who was purple and face down in a pizza literally steps away from the froint of the store where he had bought it. Turned out he was very drunk, but still better safe than sorry.

minismiley - mouse


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2079

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

Speaking of which, did you see the Google Map image of the guy that had passed out in his front yard? I think he was an Aussie, go figure... smiley - winkeye


Strange things I find while I'm trying to find pictures of a fountain drink...
Those of you in Europe may not know this weirdism - in Texas, many people ask for a Coke, when what they mean is a soda, or pop.

http://popvssoda.com:2998/countystats/total-county.gif


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2080

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

I'm not so sure about the ice, though it must depend on what is causing the sciatica. In my case, heat was the thing - it helped my back and leg muscles relax, which decreased the pressure on the nerve.
smiley - dog


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more