A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2121

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

*stands in a corner*

How much wine did I drink last night? smiley - ill

Quiet Sunday, methinks...smiley - silly


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2122

Reality Manipulator

Hi everyonesmiley - smiley

Has anyone tried the New Walkers smiley - crisps, I had a packet smiley - crisps of fish and chips but it tasted like fish paste.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2123

Phil

[p] drinking in the snow in kent.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2124

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

Lovely snow! Though it does mean that this afternoon's rehearsal is cancelled. Irritating for me, since it's only 5 mins walk from my house, but understandable given that some people have to travel from Maidstone or Ramsgate.

For those interested, two pics of my time as a Genie.

Make-up: http://singinglibrarian.wordpress.com/files/2009/01/genie-makeup.jpg

Costume: http://singinglibrarian.wordpress.com/files/2009/01/a-genie-01.jpg


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2125

Hypatia

Those are both great photos, David. I understand why the wee folks in the audience might have been a bit frightened. You did look intimidating.

Aspirin and orange juice for Mags.

I'm afraid we don't have that brand of smiley - crisps in my neck of the woods, Thinker. But I would definitely pass on fish paste flavored ones. With my allergy problems, I never eat anything with seasonings added like that. Plain chips are just potatoes, oil and salt. The flavored ones have a long ingredients list containing glutamates, stabilzers, dyes, etc. Not healthy for someone like me. I've pretty much stopped eating anything I don't cook myself from fresh ingredients.

February 1st...finally. January 1 was a good day for me, as was yesterday. It's those days in between that were a bit sucky.

Lil, how are you feeling today? Is some rest helping?

How much snow in Kent?


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2126

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

Central Canterbury snow seems to have stopped at a pretty but pathetic half an inch. I understand it's continuing elsewhere, though.

I have not tried the new Walkers flavours, I'm afraid. The only one that looked remotely tempting was Onion Bhaji flavour. I prefer to stick to tried and tested flavours, but because I'm dull rather than for medical reasons.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2127

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Morning all.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2128

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

David, what brilliant photos -- scary for little kids indeed!

I too avoid flavored crisps. In fact, I don't know when I even last bought a bag, but when I did they were plain salted Ruffles with r-r-r-r-ridges.

As for the mohair stuff, I agree that the pants ltp and Marv found are the way to go. I have captured the photo and created our own link for the new thread. The stuff that goes over the head is repulsive.

Even last week I had periods of feeling normal but not the past few days. smiley - sadface Landlady says that stress plays a factor in the onset of symptoms, and I was VERY stressed. But I'm still getting around in the house. I was very stupid yesterday, and went out to the garage and assembled a milk crate of wood, but then I couldn't lift it -- cricked my back. I was so disgusted that I slammed back into the house (a gimpy slam), took two aspirin and went to bed.

That turned out to have been a wise course of action, because I have no pain or spasm today. But it was extremely stupid. I could have really hurt myself and been stuck outdoors in indoor clothing for hours.

But at least I'm catching up on a lot of computer work.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2129

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

smiley - snork at the "knitwear" i have just returned my visitor to the train station, and now have the afternoon free smiley - boing its seems to be thinking about snowing here, i got hailstoned on when i was returning from the train station.

minismiley - mouse


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2130

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

And Mercury is going direct, at last.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2131

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

smiley - hugs for those who need them.

Afraid I'm going to be a bit more self-absorbed even than usual..smiley - sorry And calendar-obsessed. Y'see, Notepad dropped last week and, digging through PaperBaby's old journals, she dropped (or at least I mentioned that the ladies at work thought she had) 17 days before she was born. Quite often, later babies drop later or not at all (obviously not true for me in this case) and of course, with all the housing hoo-rah, pretty much nothing's ready (latest news on that front is that we will *not* be homeless, but that we won't be getting a 3 bedroom until after the baby's here, because the guidelines changed last month, and you have to have 4 people to get a 3 bedroom, which is reasonable but annoyingsmiley - winkeye--and we have to jump through recertification hoops again once I'm no longer getting paid--disability and so forth will probably be finished the end of March, by the school district's business office estimate, going by my due date) I've got a few "please wait until" dates for Notepad--tomorrow I have an appointment to get a free carseat, so that's rather important, since the hospital can't legally let us take Notepad home without one! But I think we're fine there--no twinges or anything, and it's not like I can't call and tell the lady that Tom would be coming in instead of me. The next day is an OB appointment, so doesn't really matter if childbirth cancels that. I don't want to miss the next day, for selfish reasons--we're getting broadband again, and it's getting installed that afternoon. On the 11th, Faith has a big fieldtrip, and needs to be at her school before 6amsmiley - yikes I've been saying that, IF I'm still pregnant, I'll stop by my school and visit on the 12th, to hit Valentine's Day parties (the 13th is a teacher training day) and my baby shower's on the 16th (cutting a bit close to the "official" due date of the 20th, but the original date for the shower was the 19th!)


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2132

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

OK, that lot should've likely gone into my journal instead, but too late now!


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2133

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

If I can obsess about my problems in the salon, Amy, then so can you. smiley - hug We're de-stressing among friends, our support group. It's what we do.

Another windy day in Lincoln, cold and clear. The Apaches and the town of Ruidoso are losing money over the lack of snow.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2134

Reality Manipulator

Hypatia, I rarely have smiley - crisps but my favourite is not made any more and that was bovril flavoured smiley - crisps, I think the last time they were in production was sometime in the 80's. The marmite flavoured smiley - crisps are not the same.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2135

Phil

On a bus to Whitstable from Hearne. We've spent a few hours in a pub that according to the good beer guide is shut on sundays!


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2136

Witty Moniker

smiley - yikes Some of those smiley - crisps flavors don't sound far off from what is served at the BOF Inn!


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2137

Hypatia

Just back from the Mighty Wal-Mart. It was sheer insanity going today. Everyone in town was there stocking up on consumables for the game, which I don't care a fig about. Talk about a madhouse.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2138

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Ah, I forgot about the game. I have a client coming to visit. Much more interesting.


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2139

Reality Manipulator

The smiley - snowball has come to Essex in the UK.smiley - biggrin


96Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2140

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Marmite and bovril crisps? Yikes! I like both of those things, but not in crisps. Although I do like dill pickle ones, so perhaps it's just a matter of taste.

Unfortunately, I can't avoid the big game, since we're throwing a party at the pub, and I'm in charge of it. I figure I'll let the kiddies watch the game, and I'll hide in the office to write. Or something.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more