A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1321

marvthegrate LtG KEA

[MTG]


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1322

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

now that I've gotten the books rearranged, it seems as though I don't have as many as I thought. Odd, really.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1323

FG

[fg]


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1324

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ-36 days and the monsters are counting]


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1325

Coniraya

{[caer]} sulking after SWG crashed and now unable to get back in to play it again


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1326

Mrs Zen

Well I read the poem at the Posh Poetry group, and they took it on the chin, I must say. What was frustrating was that most of the poems were long this month, and it was a large group, so by the time it got round to mine the comments were pretty rushed.

Useful though.

I liked and could almost but not quite follow the Doric, Teuchter. If I could now find a tame Scot to read it, I'd be laughing.

Ben


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1327

Bald Bloke

[BB]


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1328

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

/* Tries walking backwards, but stumbles over the card table sending all the calling cards flying, then rushes over to pull Zeppo away from LTP and hopes that this is not a sign of a flashback to the flogg and blue-powder incident. Meanwhile a congratulatory tennis ball suddenly appears out of nowhere and lands on Titania's lap. */


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1329

Hypatia

Gives Zeppo another calling card. [Hyp]


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1330

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1331

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

Ender's Game? Great book - I've read it many times. Wasn't as impressed by the sequels. I also enjoyed OSC's Alvin Maker series.

Went to go see Weird Al Yankovic last night... you may now shower me with smiley - envy Fantastic show - as an encore, he did the Jedi Song and Yoda - and the Yoda chant, which I had never heard before.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1332

Sol

[Sol]


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1333

Coniraya

My character in SWG feels the Force surging within her, apparently smiley - laugh. So she may get to meet Yoda when she qualifies for Jedi training!

Got Pilates this morning at my fill-in class, the usual one starts up again next week. It will be nice to go back 14lbs+ lighter and still on form.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1334

Titania (gone for lunch)

*rosy-cheeked and bright-eyed*

I attended a Pilates class for the very first time this morning. It meant I had to get up at 5.30 - but it was worth it!smiley - boing

The teacher was the first person to introduce Tai Chi in Sweden. Yvonne Lin is a legend in her own time - Sweden's uncrowned(?) queen in the Body&Mind/Tai Chi/Yoga/Wellness field - and she's gooood at what she does!smiley - cool

*looks at the tennisball*

If we're doing things backwards, surely Zeppo should throw the ball and I fetch it? Here Zeppo - pitch! *hands Zeppo the *


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1335

Phil

I saw someone doing tai chi when I was walking through town to get to work yesterday morning, most relaxing to see. And on birthdays, it's my old mans today and I need to get a present. Much rushing around at lunchtime I think!

Good to hear that you managed to get your poem read at the posh poetry group Ben smiley - ok Shame about the rushed comments though smiley - sadface


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1336

Mrs Zen

Useful though. I need to work on the first stanza, and maybe change the title.

The funniest moment was explaining how I came to write it. One of the guys had said "it meant nothing to me - why should I care?" (which is fair enough, in its way).

I said "I had received some family news relating to health, and was thinking about unused and unwanted uterouses, as you do..." which provoked laughter.

Lots to think about from their feedback. But I really am struggling with that first stanza.

Ben


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1337

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

There are several folks who do tai chi here, as UCI is 60% Asian students. It looks like it would be really great to do, but as the only Asiatic language I know is Japanese, and what little I know of that wouldn't get me anywhere, ah well.

Tomorrow he will be gone, and I have almost gotten the house the way I want it. I still have a few things to get (primarily a desk!), but all in all, it feels good. I am leaving some of the cleaning until tomorrow and the next day, as he is incapable of keeping either light switches or doors clean. But the bathroom is spotless, the living room just needs a bit of hoovering, and my bedroom waits paitently for the desk (the academic books are all actually in their very own bookcases).

Now, it's 2 in the morning here, and I can't seem to stop doing stuff. Tomorrow the power is out for six hours, so really, I should just sleep and veg and hoover when the power comes back on. Then, on Thursday I can get the laundry done and clean the kitchen.

Does anyone want to hoover for me? I loathe it.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1338

egon

re: bathroom ceiling

The bits of bathroom ceiling that fell down have been replaced, although the whole thing's looking a little patched together, and the light doesn't work. problem is I can never guarantee when I'll be home my landlady to arrange someone to come round. And I'm going to start the progress of mocing back home next weekend, so I'll be spending most of the week back home actually (shock) working for a living,a nd coming back here at weekends to take stuff home.

So I'm not sure if the whole kaboodle will be sorted properly before I ove it, but I don't really mind. I just leave the bathroom door open and get light from the hall.


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1339

Mrs Zen

Baths by candle light are soothing, too.

Hey - how cool is this? My ex (who has asked me to sort out some ££ paperwork for him left over from our divorce) has just sent me 40Euros worth of Amazon vouchers. All I had to do was give a box of files to Carole who will do all the real paperwork.

I am so-o-o-o-o-o easily bribed!

Ben


6EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1340

Mrs Zen

Even cooler! It was forty quid! I have now bought a whole bunch of books and a DVD all of which were on my mental wish-list, and none of which I could justify going out and spending cash I do not have. smiley - magic

Amazon amazes.

Ben


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more