A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

8FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1761

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

I've never heard of fake feta - sounds awful!

MR, I agree with the others - unless D is particularly starved of friends I'd let this one go.

Lots happening here, the boy has cut his first tooth! Am still breastfeeding but he hasn't tried to bite me yet smiley - yikes

He has an awful cold and yesterday came up in a scary rash that didn't fade when pressed under a glass. One trip to A&E later and t was not menengitis but a different viral rash, which this morning has just disappeared. Blimey but that was frightening.

I'm going to have even less time on here shortly as we have got to the top of the allotment list and now have a 9m x 27m (10 pole) plot to cultivate. Just need ti dig it over an manure it this autmn then off we go in spring...

Anyway, the shopping calls smiley - run


8FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1762

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

Hi Kelli, good to see you back and cheerful. You had us all worried.


8FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1763

Rosemary {[(2+2+2)^2]+4+2=42}

*waves to Kelli*
Congrats Irv.

Owing to the lack of mail deliveries in the UK I've been told to take 2 days holiday. Cue washing, and a trip to the doctors to change address and surgery, though as I was at the daughter practice at the uni, I don't need to change doctor smiley - smiley .

[smiley - rose]


8FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1764

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

Strewth Kelli, that must have been scarey!
.
I have just been onto a specialist company that supplies DIY noise insulation materials.
There is one impact noise stopping thing that is £30 a sq metre, gulp, for between floorboards and the wooden floor he wants to lay. That would only be for upstairs neighbour though. There are slab insulation sheets though for under floor boards that would be cheaper but won't stop impact noise much. However it has confirmed that slab insulation for under floor boards would at least help some.The £30 a metre stuff is out as would have to do whole flat and would be around £500 for my lounge alone! I think he is going to use a cheaper impact insulator anyway.
.
Today really confirmed I must do something. I am sitting and breathing in the total silence at moment as Mr Loud voice and child have gone out, however berore that I was at end of tether as tired due to child waking up at various times in early morning over last 5 days and crying and shouting daddy, daddy , daddy waking me up!
Sure the child can't help it but Mr Loud voice said to kid this morning that kid woke him up at 4am saying daddy, daddy, daddy when it was Mr Loud voice who said to kid yesterday say daddy, daddy, daddy. I have Mr Loud voice making loud phone calls this morning, playing kids electonic organ loudly and kid throwing a hard ball on their wooden floor!
....may peace be with you.


8FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1765

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ-Still sick but going to work anyway]


8FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1766

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Wouldn't it be awesome if Strangely's noisy neighbour actually turned out to be called Mr. Lowd-Voyse or something? smiley - silly


8FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1767

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Woke up with a head cold. Joy! But that at least explains why my hearing has been so lousy the last couple of days!

Kelli, good to hear from you! I think we've all rushed our kids to the ER, sure something is dreadfully gone awry, only to be told "oh, yeah, that's nothing." Still, if it *was* something, and we didn't take them, then we'd be bad parents. So....better safe than sorry!


8FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1768

Titania (gone for lunch)

I do my grocery shopping in the same supermarket as Sweden's prime minister!smiley - cool

Actually, I doubt I would have spotted him if it hadn't been for the five bodyguards. Seeing five tall, broadshouldered men in identical dark grey suits, white shirt and discreet tie just standing still in various positions with a white cord hanging down from one ear, each one alertly scanning the surroundings was something even I couldn't help noticing.

Of course I got curious about who they were bodyguarding, so I looked around everywhere and almost didn't spot the prime minister - he was also wearing a dark grey suit and white shirt, but a slightly more colourful tie. Turned out he was the only grey suit pushing a trolley...

Actually, I shop regularly in that very supermarket, and this is the first time I've ever seen a celebrity there.

In one way, it was a relief to see that Swedish top politicians still behave like 'ordinary people' despite the murders of Olof Palme and Anna Lindh. On the other hand, I'm wondering if those bodyguards would really be able to stop a well prepared assasin..


8FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1769

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

I wouldn't test that hypothosis if I was you.


8FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1770

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

Whips out the o and slips in an e. There, much better.


8FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1771

FG

Did you offer the Prime Minister some feta, Titania? smiley - silly


8FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1772

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Can't you do your grocery shopping online in Sweden? Seems like quite a palaver for a bit of shopping!


8FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1773

Titania (gone for lunch)

Sure, the very same supermarket also offers online shopping (at much higher prices) but I imagine he wanted to feel like 'anybody' for a change...


8FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1774

Hypatia

[Ctrl F5]


8FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1775

SE

*spends the morning imagining an international thriller/action-adventure film: 'Codename: F.E.T.A'*


8FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1776

FG

smiley - rofl


8FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1777

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

<<*spends the morning imagining an international thriller/action-adventure film: 'Codename: F.E.T.A'*>>

*Trailer guy voice*
It was an ordinary shopping trip for the Swedish prime minister until he picked up a block of cheese containing microfilm of the plans for... Codename: F.E.T.A.!

In theaters Friday.


8FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1778

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Oh, very funny.

Is there an evil villain? Dr. Limburger, perhaps?


8FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1779

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I think Bleu Cheese is an excellent name for a villain.


8FXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1780

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Remind me not to share my really good Stropshire with you then GDZ.

I had one of the better lunches I've ever had in my life on sunday. Happiness with a baguette and three wedges of various cheeses. All very enjoyable.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more