A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

6CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 41

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Congrats Z. smiley - stout


6CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 42

Witty Moniker

smiley - cheers Z, from me, too!


6CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 43

FG

Indeed, Caer. Rosé used to be considered declassé (smiley - winkeye) over here, but nowadays people aren't as embarrassed to order it in fine restaurants because the quality is so much better.

Yay, Z! smiley - bubbly

If you go see Berlin, Marv, do remember that they're getting on in years, John Crawford is happily married so he doesn't have quite the same onstage chemistry with Terri Nunn...so their live set may not have the pep it used to.


6CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 44

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Can I just say that I love lotion? I really, really love it.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled conversation...


6CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 45

marvthegrate LtG KEA

FG, I saw the Bands Reunited episode where they were all brought back together. They still had a bit of the old fire, and I don't think that anything can get Terri Nunn down.

Tickets are only $15, so I am fairly sure that I am going to go to it. I just have to find someone to take.


6CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 46

Witty Moniker


Blind date, Marv, blind date.


6CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 47

Coniraya

Oh and congrats Z, I would drink a toast to you, but the bottle seems to be empty! smiley - cheers anyhoo!


6CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 48

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I thought about that, Witty, but will have to wait till I am introduced to her. I told my friend who is proxying this transaction that I am now free since I have moved. I should find something out soon.


6CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 49

Hypatia

smiley - applause Z.

And Marv, thanks for explaining that Berlin is a band. I thought you were off to Germany. smiley - erm

I really need to get out more. The kids are always coming in here asking about actors or bands I've never heard of.


6CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 50

Mrs Zen

smiley - bubbly for Z!

*Tired and still a bit p**sed off. Still headachy...*

B


6CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 51

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*comes into the salon from the library* Chloe left the linen closet door open when she was bringing two awards to the beginning of the thread. Perhaps the rift in the closet caused the timing problem.

One meeting to go to in half an hour, and then I can come home, eat and go to sleep. It seems there was a fatal accident on Highway 70 yesterday evening and the road was closed, with the result that we had intertstate traffic rumbling and zooming through here past midnight. Nobody in this town slept well.

And here comes the rain. smiley - ok


6CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 52

Z

smiley - blush Thanks for all the congratulations, though frankly I don't that I deserve the congratulations, I should have passed first time!

Amy, I might not be a GP you know... but if I do I quite fancy being one someone islandish, more islandlish than the UK anyway, which is fairly islandish compared to the US.

I'm off to town tomorrow to do my last ever bout of 'back to school' shopping for pens etc. An emotional moment.


6CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 53

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Bah! Hear I am thinking I'm finally catching up on the backlog, and you've all gone and started a new thread! I've got to get back to the last thread and finish it off still.

But in the meantime I've got to share. I just saw "Fahrenheit 9/11" (or "Celsius 9/11" if you need a translation smiley - winkeye ). It's devastating. Brutal. I walked out of the movie completely stunned. Three words for any Bush supporters out there: "Duck and cover". This should have some interesting effects.
smiley - dog


6CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 54

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

smiley - laugh Were you shocked and awed, d'Elaphant? So it's good, huh? I can't wait to see it!

Montana - lotion? Is there something we should know?


6CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 55

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

No, I'd just gotten out of the shower and put on some mango tangerine lotion and it felt really good, so I just had to share it with you all.

Not that you really needed to know or anything, but hey! what are friends for?


6CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 56

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

Know what you mean.

I've got a mango-mandarin lotion from Bath & Body Works that I like a lot - it fills the room with a wonderful orangey smell. Much better than Vaseline Intensive Care, which makes me smell like Grandma.


6CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 57

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I use some sort of Walmart brand, and don't mind smelling somewhat of grandma, who always smelled of Jergens, that almond scent. Anyway, I wouldn't want to send out the wrong signal... smiley - silly But when you live in an arid climate, some kind of lotion is a necessity, so I buy it by the jereboam. *slather slather*

I can't wait to see Fahrenheit 9/11!


6CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 58

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Same one, Lentilla. Warm Vanilla Sugar for winter, and I alternate between the Mango Tangerine and the Cucumber Melon for the rest of the year.

Although now I have some Origins lavender vanilla stuff that a friend gave me for my birthday, which is heavenly stuff...


6CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 59

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


6CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 60

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - cheerup
Alright, you ladies can start forming a queue right over here. MR... Lentilla... Lil... I've got my handy-dandy loobrush, just perfect for slathering on lotion in large quantities...
smiley - winkeye



smiley - erm
I'm gonna get socked, aren't I?
smiley - laugh



smiley - biggrin
A little levity never hurt...the other party. Usually, my jokes end up costing ~me~. On a more serious note, though...
smiley - whistle
My wife usually prefers to use a scented lotion, more so than a perfume, because the aroma stays with her longer. Not everyone's body chemistry responds the same to a particular fragrance, and it's taken some time to find what works well for her. Many of the perfumes she's tried just fade away very quickly, almost as if her body absorbed it.
smiley - huh
When she uses a scented oil or a fragrant lotion, it lingers more noticeably. I appreciate the scentual effect it produces, too. She's a wonderful loving lady, yet having an olfactory arousal just puts it "over the top" for me.
smiley - winkeye
Uh... Strike that... I'm sharing waaaay too much all of a sudden...
smiley - erm
Must be 'cause it's late at night and I can't seem to drift off to sleep without her lying next to me. She's still enroute home, on the last leg of her vacation with her mother (AZ) and my mother (MS). We did have some time together on the C@rniv@l Cruise ship at Nassau, Bahamas, but that's been two weeks now. I'll be glad to have A--, and B--, and Y-- back home again. I've missed their presence, even though I've heard their voices recounting various events during their travels and during their stays with the relatives.
smiley - hug
B4myladiesreturnhome


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more