A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1181

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

Oh, for the medically minded in the audience...

I've been trying to find the function of the frontal horn in the right ventricle. All I can find is information about where it is (the brain!) Nobody seems to know what it does. We know very little about the brain, so it doesn't surprise me.


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1182

Lady Chattingly

I think this is the link to the photos of the Hillbilly Meet last summer

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/5521679QlCoUa


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1183

Bagpuss

Page not found.

Oh, I just realised I was in Phred's photos, not yours. Hope he doesn't mind that I've pinched one.


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1184

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

*called away just as reply window opens, totally forgot what was going to be said upon returnsmiley - erm*

*posts something randomly anyway*

[AmyP]


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1185

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1186

Phil

[p]


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1187

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Bagpuss, I'm on Mr. D's friends thingy...


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1188

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Just finished HP7, no idea what I am going to read now.


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1189

Sol

I'll tell you what I thought was oddest about the birds in Moscow when I was first there - the pigeons are a different colour. I can't remember, now, whether they were darker or lighter, but there was definitely something odd about them.

My most enduring wildlife memories of B's village house in the south run to mosquitos, frogs and colerado beatles.


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1190

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Lentilla, ventricles are generally fluid-filled spaces so I wouldn't expect it to have a function. Will check in my text books when I've put the boy down though, in case I really have forgotten my entire degree...


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1191

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

Bloody heck!
.
I was disapointed about not being able to get my first choice of holiday cottage at beginning of September as had looked at map and it was good for walking, wildlife and countryside. It was in Seale and 2 miles from Wanborough which has just had the Foot and Mouth outbreak!
.
Around 10 years ago the last Foot and Mouth outbreak cost 6-8 Billion UK pounds and caused millions of sheep and cattle to be put down, if I remember correctly from news yesterday.
They have put an extremely strict 3k zone around the farm and another 10k one too. Nationaly there are livestock restrictions on movement.
I remeber the last one and public footpaths, parks, etc were closed for some time, my holiday there that would have included wildlife watching would have been not pleasant to say the least if they are burning fields of dead cattle and sheep again with this horrible disease.


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1192

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

Sorry, that was 50,000 animals were slaughtered in 2001 , not millions in last Foot and Mouth outbreak.


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1193

Bagpuss

Let's hope that it doesn't get as bad as last time. Ed Milliband was on telly just now saying that the government's acted more quickly to contain this outbreak, but then he would say that.


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1194

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*getting ready for 6 hours of post awful in Tinnie*

Is the dawn chorus of birdsong healthy in your part of the world? I am not hearing nearly the racket I did just a few years ago, and I'm concerned.


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1195

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1196

Hypatia

We still have birdsong, but I don't honestly know if there is as much. It is too hot and muggy to breakfast on the porch right now. I'm not outside early in ther morning that much anymore. One reason I love spring and fall is because I can have breakfast on the back porch. smiley - smiley

broelan and her family were here for a visit yesterday evening. That was fun. And, I now have a Stuckey's pecan log roll. The last Stuckey's in the state are near St. Louis. broe was nice enough to stop and buy me one. I'm going to cut it into smaller portions, wrap them individually and freeze them. Then I can pop one out when I need something sweet.

Today is our prize day for summer reading. Yay!!!!!!! Worth giving up an afternoon off to get it over with for another year.


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1197

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I've read over 2000 pages this summer, can I have a prize?


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1198

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

Lil, here the dawn and evening bird singing is OK at moment. If you are short of birds there are thousands of Ring Neck Parakeets around here I would gladly give away if you're too quiet there, believe me when they arrive it won't be quiet for long!
.
It seems Longleat Safari Park has closed due to Foot and Mouth, other places are stopping country shows too while tests go on at other farms. Hopefully the passports to track where animals have been, introduced since last Foot and Mouth outbreak, will help.


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1199

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

I am getting confused, they again said 6-10 million animals were destroyed in last Foot and Mouth outbreak, a CeeFax type thing said 50,000 this morning.
Also they are saying the farm is in Normandy, Surrey, again that is only 2 miles from where I nearly booked a cottage on Monday of this week.


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1200

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Just ran across this "headline" on fark.com.
Up and over the railroad tracks, the trucker drove his diesel; down the tracks an engine came, pop goes the diesel

You sing it to the tune of pop goes the weasel.


Key: Complain about this post

8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more