A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1141

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

That was pretty pathetic Amy. smiley - winkeye


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1142

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Hmm, actually...I rent. Grad student housing. Which runs about 50% of my income. Anything else around where I live is about 100% of my income. Then again, around where I live, a 2 bedroom condo goes for half a million, so take that as you will.

Someday, I want to own a house. And my ideal house will have the following amenities: a yard to mow and plant flowers in (and a dog, darnit!), and a washer and dryer inside the house. Oh, and an extra bedroom for an office. Other than that, well, it's negotiable.


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1143

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

Owning IS a nice feeling, though the mowing and the tending of flowers gets a bit old after a time. As does the clearing of snow smiley - brr

*four weeks today, a big shiney birdie takes us to the UK ... whooo-hooo !!!*


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1144

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

For those who wish to locate me on Facebook: I'm a Doug, I'm with the Ms, I'm in the Bristol network and my picture is of me doing LARP... all in white, because I am that insane and I think the drycleaners are getting sick of seeing my waistcoat.


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1145

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

I have just sent my binoculars back to Praktica. I was a little wary of how much the postage would cost as they are fairly heavy as look like the old fashioned style of binoculars and rubber armoured too. There is a limit to how much the postage against cost of item is worth it. Fortunately the postage even first class was only £5 which is roughly or even a little less than normal postage charge when ordering something from companies I usually order from.
.
Although had a lot of TNT, Fed Ex, etc deliveries I have never actually arranged for me to pay for something to be collected from home and sent away, but I suspect even if it would have been possible it would have been same or more expensive. I have to be honest getting deliveries from companies can be a real pain as never seem to be in when they deliver, and they NEVER ring to see if I actaully will be there with normal parcel deliveries.
.
Although I think I actually have lost the receipt, I could have taken binoculars back to shop but that would have meant a fairly long cycle ride to take them there(and cycling back of course) and repeating it all again when repaired, and to be honest I would rather spen £5 on postage than all that hassle!
.
I believe someone mentioned they are now away on a UK canal narrow boat trip for all this week in this glorious sunshine, what a differance a week makes from last week's rain. I am really envious as don't know if there are many countryside canals in America but the ones in Britain are great, usually really peaceful and in very nice countryside, a lovely slow paced holiday as canal narrow boats don't exactly speed alone.
They are actualy a good way for foreign tourists to see a bit of Britain that isn't too commercialised.


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1146

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

Hyp, Facebook is a very addictive social networking site (hmm, that sounds familiar...) which originated in the US universities.

Speaking of which, I'm in the London network (due to the shocking lack of anything more sensible), you already know the relevant bits of my name, and I'm wearing facial hair and an h2g2 T-shirt (not that the logo is visible, but still...).

I went up to Londinium on Wednesday to see Little Shop of Horrors, which was wonderful. Very funny show, very well performed. And one day, I will play Seymour, a role that would fit me just right.


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1147

Titania (gone for lunch)

I see that Mark Lynas' 'Six Degrees' has now been translated into Swedish. Has anyone here read the book?
http://resolutereader.blogspot.com/2007/04/mark-lynas-six-degrees.html


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1148

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oh my...smiley - bigeyes that *is* an interesting blog I stumbled upon, if I may say it myself - I'm sure there are others here that might be interested in this book:
http://resolutereader.blogspot.com/2007/07/steven-mithen-singing-neanderthals.html


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1149

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Good morning everyone.


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1150

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*bookmarks Titania's links, straps on post office sandals and heads out for a long boring day*


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1151

SE

[ ]


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1152

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I forgot to mention. Today marks 11 months since I have had a cigarette.


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1153

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

smiley - applause

Someday I may actually acheive that sort of feat... though I have cut down a heck of a lot.


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1154

tartaronne

Well done GDZ.

I smoke the same as always - 20 a day. smiley - erm


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1155

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

mr. D, request sent!


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1156

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Request accepted!


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1157

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Hyp, facebook *is* addictive.


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1158

FG

I rent.

::listens to the sounds of crickets chirping in the silence::

You're right. That was pathetic Amy. smiley - tongueout


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1159

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

I rent. But I have now bought. So soon I will no longer rent...


8EXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1160

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

okay, how funny is that I was thinking "but 'rent' is a transitive verb, and requires and object"? So, what did fg (and her dodo) rent? Was it a tent? clothes? skin?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more