A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

57Xth Conversation at Lil's, Where We Are Knowing the Force

Post 41

Coniraya

smiley - hug for Cooper, sounds just like the symptoms that a friend's smiley - dog had and her vet said it may have been unintentional poisoning, her smiley - dog may have eaten baited meat left out for rats or foxes.

Although anyone who leaves out baited meat should be shot anyway, but to do it in such away that other animals could suffer should be hung drawn and quartered.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's, Where We Are Knowing the Force

Post 42

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

[LIL]
Having trouble accessing h2g2 this morning, no doubt due to information awareness activities


57Xth Conversation at Lil's, Where We Are Knowing the Force

Post 43

marvthegrate LtG KEA

When I were a lad and living on the farm (no really) I had a dog that died in much the same way as Caer describes. Mocha was killed likely due to rat bait left out on a neighboring farm.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's, Where We Are Knowing the Force

Post 44

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

My smiley - dog Lucy also went through such an episode...the neighbor who was watching her the evening before (she was 6 months old) had left out some chocolate chip cookies, and Lucy went to town. The vet said it was a combination of too much fat and chocolate poisoning.

She was right as rain after a couple of days of listlessness.

But Sporky, do have them do a test for worms if this happens again!


57Xth Conversation at Lil's, Where We Are Knowing the Force

Post 45

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])


All the best wishes to Sporky's smiley - dog.

smiley - cheerup
B4


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 46

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)

Lil, I forgot to ask, can we make character casting requests for the Pantomime?

(Wonders if information gathering will be plotted in; after all, the world's most powerful info gathering and analysis system belongs to Santa Claus).


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 47

Courtesy38

[{Courtesy}]


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 48

FG

::a zerbert for Cooper::

Lil, you mentioned in the last thread that you were the last person to see Harry Potter. I think that would be *me*. And I will remain as such for an extended period of time.

Minor puzzlement this morning: I got a $75.00 Amazon.com gift certificate for Christmas and when I "proceeded to checkout" and applied it Amazon told me it was only worth $45.95! smiley - sadface I've e-mailed them to see what happened, but until them I'm rather smiley - flustered.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 49

SE

odd


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 50

Titania (gone for lunch)

smiley - cheerup to Sporky's dog

*dresses warmly before heading outside again*

Ripley - are you coming?

*the unau sleepily opens one eye*

[Ripley]: Meep....

*eyelid drops as Ripley decides that this evening is best spent in front of the fire place*

Okay, I'll finish it on my own then... *shrugs and drifts out on terrace*

*continues working on the snow lantern*

*lights a candle and places it inside the lantern*

http://www.niksula.cs.hut.fi/~ateras/party/taikatalvi/aut_3591_small.jpg


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 51

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])


Titaniasmiley - planet,

That is so COOL! It's the first time I've seen that done, and I'll get my girls involved in a little project to build one of these when the snow comes again. It's melted away over the last few days and we're not expecting it again until late in the week.

Now, I've seen 'luminares', or something like that, where you use thick card stock paper to fashion a 4-sided 'chapel' with little windows cut into it. Add a roof with a vent hole, set a small candle or tea candle into it, and it's ready to light a corner of your home. They can even be used to line a driveway for a special party entrance.

Learning something new every day,
B4theholidayssmiley - santa


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 52

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Well, as I have taken today off of work I have not heard anything official. But rumour mill at the office is in overdrive. It appears that I have 3-6 months outside left at this job.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 53

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])


Marv,

What color is Your parachute?

B4thepinksliparrivessmiley - erm


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 54

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Alas my parachute is made of crepe paper and is black.

Utah is a so called "Right to Work state" meaning that I will just get the shaft when they cut me loose.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 55

SE

Same thing goes in Vermont Marv


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 56

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])


Well, Marv, start fishin' for a new position now. That way you can walk on your own time, and have to wait for the axe to fall. Alas, I know so many people that prefer to see a project to completion, they sometimes linger too long and then have to scramble for new employment. If there's a way you can gracefully work yourself out of the job in stages--and still look for a new company to work for--then it should be a smooth transition.

B4theaxefallssmiley - yikes


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 57

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])


:: "and NOT have to wait for the axe" ::


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 58

marvthegrate LtG KEA

That is the plan B4. I am going to save everything I can for now and then start looking starting tomorrow. Trouble is that I am dreadfull at writing a resume/cv. I just hate having to write about my qualifications. The other troubling aspect is that the tech industry is so completely over-saturated in SLC that I will be hard pressed to find work in my field. But the mention has been made that this might be a good time for a career change. Tough to do in this economy, but I will have to do my best.


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 59

SE

Well, after investigating FG's little Amazon gift dilemma I realised that there could only be one explanation for the shirking of 30 dollars from her gift certificate: namely, whether or not she had truly been naughty or nice.

You can check on yourself here:

http://www.claus.com/naughtyornice/nn_hmpg2.shtml


57Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 60

Coniraya

This is what Sants says ahout me :

"Nice" and getting better all the time! Has shown great improvement with manners and cleaning up the bedroom. A good friend who usually gives good advice. Still has a naughty tendency to leave socks on the floor. Could clean better behind ears and between toes. Is that lint in that belly button? Let's keep working hard!

I had better make sure not to miss any knooks and crannies in the shower smiley - blush

T, I love that snow lantern. If we *ever* get any snow here I shall rush out and make one in the front garden to impress the neighbours.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more