A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

The Gamers Conversing in the Computer Room

Post 321

Afgncaap5

I'll have to log that info away for when I start playing WoW. It's bound to happen eventually.


The Gamers Conversing in the Computer Room

Post 322

marvthegrate LtG KEA

SE, Yeah, I learned that by trying to get to a flight master before some alliance people killed him. I barely made it before he died. The alliance people were getting murdered by the windriders. It looked like it was a pretty big raid against the horde town in Thousand Needles.


The Gamers Conversing in the Computer Room

Post 323

Titania (gone for lunch)

Ah, that explains why I saw some very enraged hippo-somethings next to the flight master in... in.... Westfall, I think it was, the other day - some horde must have attacked their master - and yes, they did show up as 'enraged'


The Gamers Conversing in the Computer Room

Post 324

SE

i tried to do a quest for the world event last night... it's hopeless on our server. i'm hoping that the alliance lose their pvp hard-on in a few days so i can actually finish the quest


The Gamers Conversing in the Computer Room

Post 325

Afgncaap5

Anyone here have experience with City Of Heroes? Now that I have some cash, I'm thinking of picking it up (it's cheaper than City Of Villains, even though that one might have more fun potential.)

I'm a bit antsy, though. I've never really looked at a game where I have to pay monthly fees.


The Gamers Conversing in the Computer Room

Post 326

SE

wow's expansion came out yesterday and so far i am really enjoying myself. that being said, i wept a bitter tear or two when i replaced a purple, a blue (goodbye my warlock scythe) and a long-loved green with better green quest rewards in all of 40 minutes. not only that but just as i logged last night i got an off-hand quest reward and a green drop which i might just replace my new staff (which replaced my scythe) with. crazy.


The Gamers Conversing in the Computer Room

Post 327

Titania (gone for lunch)

You're actually able to play after the expansion?smiley - envy

The European Earthen Ring experienced more than 2 hours of down time last night, and it isn't looking any better tonight either...smiley - sadface


The Gamers Conversing in the Computer Room

Post 328

SE

tuesday it was actually great. i was able to play in hellfire peninsula for the few hours i was on. the only lag was when i went near the pvp towers, oddly enough (whatever those orcs are called over there).

last night was another story. i was on for 15 minutes and i went to talk to an npc and... no dice. then we got a server restart message. counted down from 15min to 14 to 13 and then server crash. i went out and made dinner, did some other stuff, came back and started up again. lag. lag. lag. laaaaaaaaaaaaaaag. more lag. a little lag on the side. lag sprinkled on top. lag a la lag. ugh. it took me over 90 min and 4 deaths to try to get a quest for 12 boiled blood. the deaths were either partially or entirely caused by lag as some of these mobs had wolf pets, others spawned 2-4 skeleton pets and the agro was everywhere. i can't count the amount of times i had 5-8 mobs chasing after me that i didn't even initiate a fight with.

anywho, after i finished that quest there was another server restart. i gave a few quests another go, probably for about an hour of playtime (got my first blue drop... a lvl 70 mace smiley - sadface and quite a few sweet greens - if you're a rogue or a hunter) before i gave up on the lag. the last straw was when i got a group together to do a particular quest and ended up having about 100 orcs rush across the screen from nowhere. by the end of the night i had a repair bill of 6 gold.

so, i started on my blood elf (twirls?!!). i was expecting horrors upon horrors however it just wasn't all that awful. yes, there were a lot of jerks (especially in general chat) and i had to wait for some mobs to respawn several times, but nothing crazy. the lag, even though the outlands and the new starting zones are on the same server, was nearly non-existent; the only time i can remember it happening was when i went to loot a barrel and i was a murloc named General Mrghhlrhlghrlgh or something similar spawn; he was big and yellow and when i went to take a swing at him and got nothing i realized that i was lagging. poof! kicked from server. log back in as a lvl 5 (which freaked me out, i thought they might of had to restore backups) and in the graveyard smiley - smiley oh well. i got to lvl 9 on my paladin (ugh - that's painful to type) and decided to call it a night.


The Gamers Conversing in the Computer Room

Post 329

SE

forgot to close a parenthesis. also, last time i checked i wasn't a murloc general. i *saw* one.


The Gamers Conversing in the Computer Room

Post 330

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Ooh, that downtime was annoying... I'd just started on a quest (collect Wraithtail heads for some dude in Astranaar) and was going great guns when all the Wraithtails disappeared apart from the one I was fighting which just stood there and let me knock seven bells out of it. I wandered around a bit, found Astranaar deserted and logged off. Couldn't get back on for about two hours which really put a crimp on what was likely to be my last decent WoW session before moving house.


The Gamers Conversing in the Computer Room

Post 331

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I have yet to replace anything, but some things come close. I did get a blue drop the first night. The pants were cloth so I gave them to a priest friend. They are better than Tier 3 Netherwind pants in many regards... It's almost sickening. I also have leveled my first aid to 375, and am working on leatherworking/skinning. I can now skin any world dragon in Azeroth!


The Gamers Conversing in the Computer Room

Post 332

Coniraya

I haven't got the expansion, doubt I will. Been trying out the beta of Vanguard, but it's more elves and gnomes, *sighs*

Been lending my support to the Firefly MMO though.


The Gamers Conversing in the Computer Room

Post 333

SE

i heard about the firefly mmo - hopefully something comes of it. it could be quite interesting. the last "western" rpg i played was for the pc a few years ago... i can't remember the name of it but it involved alchemy and gunslinging.

i'm enjoying the expansion so far but i'm a bit puzzled at the leveling pace. i'm not a hardcore gamer and yet i'm already 63 less than a week in. i iamgine in a month i'll be 70 already (there are 3 70s on my server at the moment). it is very nice having good equipment finally, though. i finally have over 500 +spell damage which sounds like a lot compared to what i had pre-expansion (~300) however there were warlocks with +800 before the expansion was released. yeah.

anywho, if you excuse the (mild) language here's a screenshot of me in-game on saturday i believe:

http://www.sporky.net/wp/uploads/2007/01/wowscrnshot_012007_19.jpg


The Gamers Conversing in the Computer Room

Post 334

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I have been slacking. I am only lvl 61 still. Of course I took the weekend off to go to the Outer Banks and relax a bit.


The Gamers Conversing in the Computer Room

Post 335

Afgncaap5

Well, I've finally purchased an honest-to-goodness "Current" game for my computer (Admittedly, two years old is kinda stretching the definition of "Current" in this field, but I still like it.) I bought Fable, and I'm glad that it translates so easily from X-Box to PC.

Haven't quite mastered a few of the trickier button combinations, though. Sneaking is proving humorous to stumble around with.


The Gamers Conversing in the Computer Room

Post 336

SE

i played that game on the xbox but never got around to finishing it. it started off great but then i lost interest.

if you like the old lucasarts games, sam & max have a new serial game out there. i have only downloaded one installment so far (and haven't even finished it...) so i can't really give a good overview


The Gamers Conversing in the Computer Room

Post 337

Afgncaap5

Fable's original ending was, in my mind, really good. But in The Lost Chapters they extend it a bit, and made the finaller boss easier to beat than the final one. The only real saving grace there is that the original final boss is still present, so you've certainly not lost anything.


The Gamers Conversing in the Computer Room

Post 338

Titania (gone for lunch)

Ah, Lucasarts... I think my favourite is Grim Fandango *nostalgic moment*


The Gamers Conversing in the Computer Room

Post 339

SE

i tried to replay that just a while ago but i can't. it is plagued with problems - i wish they'd rerelease it


The Gamers Conversing in the Computer Room

Post 340

Afgncaap5

Okay, a game came out for the Nintendo DS a few months back called Elite Beat Agents. It looked so stupid and pointless. I wondered why my local game stores kept it in the demo DS machines.

After a few months of prodding from various sources, I picked the game up yesterday.

...I have never felt so much like a video game loved me.

...platonically, of course.

Creepy statements that I should've rethought aside, this is precisely the type of thing that the DS was designed to do, and it does it so well! And about half of the songs I helped my Agents dance through are some of my favorites.

Now then: easy mode beaten. Do I try to get an A ranking in all of the easy mode levels, or move on to normal mode...


Key: Complain about this post