A Conversation for Talking Point: Most Embarrassing Moments

Reality TV shows

Post 1

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit switching channels
"Not that I really watch any.

Just are these shows not creating TV stars by using ordinary people?"


Reality TV shows

Post 2

Mina

That doesn't sound too embarrassing to me...?


Reality TV shows

Post 3

F F Churchton

I think the people who are chosen for Reality TV tend not to get embarrased easily, it's part of the vetting process!!!


Reality TV shows

Post 4

Emee, out from under the rock

I can't watch reality tv because I get embarrassed for them. smiley - erm


Reality TV shows

Post 5

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit switching between CNN and BBC world
"Indeed no embarrassment at all. What had you expect, some delicate gossip about U****** doing some **** **** *** with U****** on a Personal Space?"


Reality TV shows

Post 6

F F Churchton

You should hear the about the stuff the moderators get up to!!!


Reality TV shows

Post 7

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on his head
"Please do not. "


Reality TV shows - backfiring?

Post 8

Animbus

I don't like watching the ones where people get humiliated because I don't find that kind of "entertainment at someone else's expense" to be entertaining! As for the rest - I'm just not interested in the trivia of the rest!

As there are so many on TV, and very little else aside from sport, soaps, sometimes sensationalist news, and American sitcoms (I live in New Zealand), I don't watch television anymore.
Movie-wise on TV, there are so many commercial breaks I can't be bothered!smiley - erm

If they brought back things that I liked...

(i.e. DOCUMENTARIES
DOCUMENTARIES
Time Team
and DOCUMENTARIES!)

I might actually watch TV again. Until then, I'll do other things with my life!
smiley - smiley


Reality TV shows

Post 9

Mina

""Indeed no embarrassment at all. What had you expect, some delicate gossip about U****** doing some **** **** *** with U****** on a Personal Space?""

Um, no. It's just that you posted it on an entry where people were describing their embarasing moments, so that's what I was expecting, not a comment about reality shows.


Reality TV shows

Post 10

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on soe documentary channel (adds every five minutes)
"Well, I am sorry, it barely reached my limit in 'Do I have to Respond anyway?'
But on the other hand: it is a bit of a starter?"


Reality TV shows

Post 11

Smij - Formerly Jimster

The Talking Point does actually prompt people to comment on the embarrassment factor of Reality TV though...

I like some reality TV shows but not all. I find the exhibitionism a bit too much as I always think 'What would your Nan think?' But as many of the contestants appear both self-obsessed and quite selfish it's not to be expected for them to forget about the feelings of their family.

Contestants who go on in the hope that they'll get a media career out of it are quite embarrassing. Michelle in this year's UK Big Brother has that awful habit of warbling around the note ratehr than singing it, so watching her murderise Pie Jesu was really embarrassing. Mind you, Big Bro got their own back when they started playing wolf howls into the house when she started to sing. Hehe.


Reality TV shows

Post 12

Emee, out from under the rock

For that matter, I can't watch sitcoms. The whole premise of a sitcom is to put someone in an embarrassing situation and watch how the story unfolds. I can't stand it. I feel bad for the people involved even though they're only characters on a show. I watch a lot of home improvement & gardening shows instead.


Reality TV shows

Post 13

Smij - Formerly Jimster

A 'theatre of cruelty', I believe they're called.


Reality TV shows

Post 14

Emee, out from under the rock

That sounds about right. All those years that 'Friends' was on everyone talked about what a great show it was/is. I've seen maybe 5 or 6 episodes.


Key: Complain about this post