A Conversation for Talking Point: Most Embarrassing Moments

Embarrassing Moments

Post 1

greenkinsy

smiley - blushOne of my *wish I could forget moments* while looking after a friends two children of 2 and 5 and my own 5 year old daughter. I took the little girls to school and stood outside chatting to the other mums Ben was a shy child with the habit of hiding his face in my skirt.I was wearing a wrap around skirt and while we chatted Ben had his face hidden and holding on to my leg. I said my goodbyes lifted Ben up and he pulled my skirt ties......... arrggg I am suddenly standing in a very old pair of knickers ( why are we never wearing sexy new knickers when they get accidently shown?) as bus load of workers go by. It still makes me Blush.... and Ben is now at cambridge studying theoligysmiley - blush


Embarrassing Moments

Post 2

F F Churchton

That must be really embarrasing, having a son go to Cambridge, I don't know how you can leave the house!!!

My 'head bang against the wall' moment happened when I was sixteen, and it sounds more or less like that episode of Only fools in horses where Del Boy is dressed as batman except mine was far worse. Anyway, I had ordered a sailor moon costume on-line at ebay for a fancy dress party (for those who have'nt seen it, the dress is very revealing) and boyfriend got the corresponding Tuxedo Mask costume. Anyway, we got a lift to the party from my dad on the other of my estate only a few hundred metres away from my house. The party was a great success and the only problem was I could'nt get a lift home, my dad had to drive one of my neighbours to hospital. Eventually the party was dying and people started making there way home, so we decided since home was'nt far that we would run for it. The only problem was that on the home there was this massive entrage of practically everyone I knew coming out of a pub right in front of me. At the time I thought it was a massive conspiracy but it just turned out that the pub was holding a birthday party for the person who organised the fancy dress party because they were told that they could'nt have a party. It just became a confussing mess of logistists, and I was'nt as embarrased as the birthday girl holding a fancy dress party for themself!!!


Embarrassing Moments

Post 3

jadedfool - champion of cake

At least you HAD knickers on.

About ten years ago I was living on Salisbury Plain. I`d just been shopping, got home, walked up the front steps to my house and put my bags down outside the porch.

I should tell you that on this day I was wearing a very extremely tight pair of trousers, too tight to wear underwear beneath.

I bent down to get my keys out of my bag and, as I did so heard an almighty ripping sound as the crotch of said trousers disappeared, exposing me to the world, just as two huge trucks of squaddies drove up and stopped in the traffic right outside my house. The clapping, cheering and whistling was deafening and you could have fried an egg on my face. smiley - yikessmiley - doh


Embarrassing Moments

Post 4

Murf

How terrible. Almost as bad as a gust of wind incident (Marilyn Monroe style)


Embarrassing Moments

Post 5

Adams_Rib

No way can I tell my MOST embarrasing moment. Let's just say it occurred during a romantic interlude and involved a bodily function..

ANYWAY, the other thing that comes to mind is when my children were younger. My son was six, my oldest daughter was four and the baby was just a few weeks old. I had an appointment with the pediatrician for the baby's check-up and had no one to keep the older two. The waiting room was huge....several doctors shared it...the room was full...my oldest two were playing 'house'. (Let me say now that my oldest daughter came here talking wide open. She never knew how to be quiet.) Suddenly I hear my daughter say........NOOOOO David, I am the mama and YOU are the daddy. YOU get up and go to work and I go back to bed.

I tried to pretend they were not mine.


Embarrassing Moments

Post 6

Murf

I would have to die of horror if my kids did that.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more