A Conversation for Talking Point: Most Embarrassing Moments

So, how'd you do THAT?

Post 1

Tacysa

I'm horribly accident prone and tend to hurt myself in the most imaginative ways. It got to the point last year, when every new scratch or bruise would yield a smirk and snide remark about how I could possibly have damaged myself this time. I think the most embarassing moments I have experienced resulted in explaining how I managed to get injured in two instances.

The first left me with a three inch burn across my forehead. Try explaining in front of a group of tall people that you pulled a container of boiling noodles out of the microwave and dumped them on yourself because you're too short to pull things out without a step stool.

The second was the fateful breaking of my right foot. I was playing soccer with my little brother and ran into a chainlink fence. It was a nasty break and I was in a boot for several months. That got quite a response, too. Hop-along is the newest nickname...


So, how'd you do THAT?

Post 2

Inkwash

Once I was waiting for a bus at night after a few drinks with friends, and I had a choice of two buses to wait for.
I waited in a car park that was halfway between the two sops, hedging my bets, and when one bus showed up I legged it to the stop.

I had to clear a low wall during my run, and I gauged the height during my run-up...

...but ran straight into a much lower chain fence which I had seen in the darkness and feel flat on the tarmac, a good few yards short of the low wall.

I did get the bus in the end, but everyone on the bus had seen my olympic bid... smiley - blush


So, how'd you do THAT?

Post 3

Inkwash

Sorry, "HADN'T seen in the darkness" should have gone there. makes much more sense...


So, how'd you do THAT?

Post 4

Tacysa

smiley - biggrin Another encounter with those vicious chain link fences. For something meant to hedge children in, they sure are abusive, aren't they?


So, how'd you do THAT?

Post 5

Inkwash

They certainly are!

Mine was actually designed to hold cars in- a real tough bsmiley - bleepd.
I have that to say in defence of my pride. smiley - biggrin


So, how'd you do THAT?

Post 6

Tacysa

Hehehe, ours was meant to hold in dogs, so I have nothing in my defense. Maybe it will help if I say I was being a good sister by playing with my brother? smiley - biggrin


So, how'd you do THAT?

Post 7

Inkwash

smiley - ok

Sounds good! smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more