A Conversation for H2G2 Space Centre

Mission to Zork Six - Welcome to Elexen!

Post 1

Dizzy H. Muffin

[The Mangar is headed toward Elexen, the center of the government for the United Interstellar Coalition.]

[YK] I'll call them. I know someone who owes me a favor. [opens a comm channel] Elbert, you awake?

[Elbert] [filtered voice-over] It's noon over here. That you, YK?

[YK] Yeah. Could you get us an opening?

[Elbert] [filtered voice-over] Sure thing. That a CLI ship?

[YK] Yup.

[Elbert] [filtered voice-over] Can it land?


Mission to Zork Six - Welcome to Elexen!

Post 2

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

[OK, I'll bite... How *did* this thread appear on my space without my posting to it?]


Mission to Zork Six - Welcome to Elexen!

Post 3

Mew (who is hovering in midair unless otherwise stated)

}I dunno. CAN she land?{


Mission to Zork Six - Welcome to Elexen!

Post 4

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)


Yes. It might just not ever be able to take off again. Oh, and it might kill everyone on board. Plus it could wipe out up to 10% of the planet's landmass. Perhaps "Crash" would be a better term.


Mission to Zork Six - Welcome to Elexen!

Post 5

Mew (who is hovering in midair unless otherwise stated)

}I'll take that as a no.{


Mission to Zork Six - Welcome to Elexen!

Post 6

Dizzy H. Muffin

[YK] Me too. You get that?

[Elbert] [filtered voice-over] Right, I'll arrange a beam-down. Just a moment.


Mission to Zork Six - Welcome to Elexen!

Post 7

Garius Lupus

YK, do they have repair facilities here? I think we could use an overhaul. And remind me - were we coming here for a particular reason, or is this just where we happened to end up?

*Decides that it would probably be a good idea to disguise some of the advanced weaponry, just in case there are spys about.*


Mission to Zork Six - Welcome to Elexen!

Post 8

Mew (who is hovering in midair unless otherwise stated)

Mew!


Mission to Zork Six - Welcome to Elexen!

Post 9

Dizzy H. Muffin

[YK] [to GL] Of COURSE they've got repair facilities here!

[YC] I'll take the Bug.

[Elbert] [filtered voice-over] No need for that.

[YK, YC, YQ, Link, Zelda, Mackenzie, and Nerfal dematerialize]


Mission to Zork Six - Welcome to Elexen!

Post 10

Dizzy H. Muffin

[They materialize in an apartment on Elexen. It looks similar to Amidala's room on Coruscant in TPM, only done in blue and gray instead of red and gold, it's designed for function instead of royal extravaganza, and instead of being occupied by Queen Amidala and her entourage, it's occupied by a tall ninteen-year-old human male with striking features and blue hair, and the seven (surprised) members of YK's team.]

[Elbert] Hello, hello! Er, excuse me, but could you move a bit?

[The others look surprised and shift their positions. Affy, GL, Peet, and the rest of the people who had been on the bridge materialize where they had been.]

[YK] Nice set up, but a bit crowded.


Mission to Zork Six - Welcome to Elexen!

Post 11

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Eek. We're all here, the warp engines are running at 10% above rated maximum, and the ship is now crewed exclusively bt Red-shirted Extras. I have a bad feeling about thi...

[At this point, the room is illuminated by a bright flash. It was a *very* bright flash, considering we saw it in here, and there aren't any windows.]

...s!


Mission to Zork Six - Welcome to Elexen!

Post 12

Mew (who is hovering in midair unless otherwise stated)


If you'll look at YK's last post in the last forum, you'll see that YK and Nerfal stopped the ship right before getting contact with Elbert.


Mission to Zork Six - Welcome to Elexen!

Post 13

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)


Sorry. I saw the first time he fixed it, and the time you unfixed it again. I missed the re-refixing of it.
Strike the comment about the engines - the bit about a ship entirely crewed by redshirts and the flash still stand, though... smiley - biggrin


Mission to Zork Six - Welcome to Elexen!

Post 14

Dizzy H. Muffin


What /was/ the flash?

And yes the apartment does /too/ have windows. I thought Amidala's room /did/ have a window. Sorry, I meant the one where she tells Palpatine she's going back to Naboo.


[YK] What's THAT!?


Mission to Zork Six - Welcome to Elexen!

Post 15

Mew (who is hovering in midair unless otherwise stated)

}IT'S...{


Mission to Zork Six - Welcome to Elexen!

Post 16

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)


Re: Windows, I was remembering YK's line from the last forum: "...you can walk around in any given building for days without seeing any windows, let alone the sky" - Sorry if I misinterpreted that.

Oh, and I don't know what the flash was either - I was just trying to nudge the plot development a little... smiley - biggrin


Mission to Zork Six - Welcome to Elexen!

Post 17

Dizzy H. Muffin

This is one of the "Aboveground Rooms" wherein there is so a window.

[Elbert] Whoops, I think I put in a little too much. [He goes and turns off a large light generator that has blown a diode]

[YK] So, could you at least warn us next time?

[Elbert] What, I thought you were a Jedi who can see the future?

[Mackenzie] That particular talent is rare and impossible to control besides turning it on and off.

[Elbert] Yeah, but where do those celebrated Jedi reflexes come from?

[YK, YC, YQ, and Mackenzie] They're reflexes!!


Mission to Zork Six - Welcome to Elexen!

Post 18

Mew (who is hovering in midair unless otherwise stated)

}IT'S CROWDED IN HERE!!{


Mission to Zork Six - Welcome to Elexen!

Post 19

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Elbert] Ah, sorry. Go through that door.

[They go through the door into a brightly lit room the size of the Mangar's bridge]

[Elbert] Space enough for ya?

[In fact, its arrangement largely resembles that of the Mangar's bridge. A window is at one end, a table and some chairs are in the center, arranged around the edges, and there's two in front of the table.]

[YK] Er, yeah, "space" is right...


Mission to Zork Six - Welcome to Elexen!

Post 20

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)



Was that the Mangar's Bridge before or after Monty trashed it?

Where is Monty at the moment?

What happened to the giant fly?

Has anyone seen the Jello(tm) monster?

Who *does* want this treaty???

Is it just my warped imaginings, or does there seem to be a black hole swallowing up plot elements?


Key: Complain about this post

Mission to Zork Six - Welcome to Elexen!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more