A Conversation for h2g2 Pet Cemetery

We Will Remember

Post 1

shazzPRME

It is nice to see Holly metioned again smiley - smiley I hope that many more researchers will come here and remember their pets!
shazzPRME smiley - winkeye


We Will Remember

Post 2

nilla

we love them all. my rat died a couple of weeks ago and i've been so sad without her. i'm sure she's up in heven getting into everyone's trash cans and knocking them over.smiley - smiley


We Will Remember

Post 3

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Hi nilla,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent loss, but I'm sure rat heaven must really be something special. If you'd care to write a little something in remembrance of her, I'd be glad to post it.smiley - smiley

JTG


Carlos, Rest In Peace

Post 4

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Over this last summer my puppy passed away. Carlos, at five years old and weighing over 200 pounds, was probably the worlds biggest and oldest puppy, but his sweetness, cuteness, and low intelligence made him a fifth member of the family. Sure, we called him "fat boy" on occasion, but through his youth he struggled with Valley Fever and was severly underweight. And who can help but love a 200 pound animal who didn't realize that he could have simply *pushed* a half open door further ajar. We had often ased the vet whether Carlos' pecan eating habit was good for him (he'd crunch the shell and nut between his massive jaws). The vet said probably not, but that there was really nothing we could do about it.

After surviving Valley Fever for years (not to mention a persistent recuring ear infection), we were distressed one day when "Chuck" stopped eating altogether. One morning, he was reluctant even to move. We practically had to carry him to the car, drove him to the vet, and even got them to open early to let Carlos in (the staff had grown attached to him, too). It turned out that he had swallowed a pecan whole, and though they were able to locate it and remove it, it had caused serious damage to his intestine. While the doctors were attempting to undo the damage, Carlos' heart failed under anesthesia.

Carlos never met a person he didn't love, and rarely met one who refused to return the affection. Little children and elderly people fawned over him. He offered a sense of security when walking across the back yard at night -- even the friendliest dog is scary when he weighs 200 pounds and is running at you out of the dark. Even his distinctive odor will be missed.

~Irving


Carlos, Rest In Peace

Post 5

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Thanks Irving. Carlos sounds like a very special pup.

JTG


Katie, Rest In Peace

Post 6

Wednesday Addams (sleeping, mostly)

Katie was a very special cat to me. At sixteen years old, she was three years older than me. My parents had had her since she was a very small kitten, and have just celebrated their second ever wedding anniversary without her (the first being before they got her).

Most children's first words are 'mama' or 'dada', but mine was 'Katie'. She got me walking. She comforted me when I was stressed. She used to drink milk off my finger.

She had been suffering from kidney disease for some time, and probably suffered a stroke in early April, causing all her legs to seize up. She didn't want to live without her freedom and dignity, and was in a lot of pain and refusing to eat, so we took the decision to have her put down. She didn't resist. She died at about 6:30 pm on April the 12th 2000. She is now buried in our back garden.

Katie, rest in peace.


Katie, Rest In Peace

Post 7

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Thanks ZB. Rest in peace, Katie.


Borris, College Cat

Post 8

J'au-æmne

To Boris, the college cat, who died of a stroke.
We all loved him, the way he sat around reception, or under the radiator, or prowled around the grounds looking suspicious, and the way he loved to be stroked, and picked up, and the way he tolerated us all...
He had his list of students that he liked, and that he knew would open doors for him etc, so that if one of them was in reception he'd walk up to them, maiow, and look in the direction that action was to be taken very pointedly.
He started his life living on Claypath, but his original owner moved, and he adopted college. And college isn't the same without him. He was deaf, but he didn't seem to be harmed in any way by that, he always seemed to be a lovely, happy cat, who knew he was the best in the world.


Borris, College Cat

Post 9

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Thanks Joanna. I raise a glass in memory of Boris.

JTG


We Will Remember

Post 10

Pea

My dog Rusty.
I was four years old when my mum and dad bought a springer spaniel. He was supposed to be a rusty brown colour, but turned out to be dark brown, but the name "Rusty" stuck. Couldn't have called him "Dark brown" could we, I suppose?
One of the most loveable animals ever to walk the planet - although I'm sure that most pet owners feel that way. Also one of the dimmest, however. I'll never forget the time we were all sat around one Sunday afternoon, and he walked past with his little tail on fire...
He used to try to catch snowballs in the winter, and always looked suprised when they disappeared... When we went on a barge holiday when I was 7, he sunburnt his nose, and it was never the same again... when my dad tried to open a lock, he tried to jump up to him, but the barge was too low, and he hit the side of the canal wall instead.... we grew up together. Whenever I was sad or lonely (I'm an only child) he was there for me, and always knew when to simply be there. *SNIFF* Actually, this has brought it home to me that I miss him more than I thought I did. He died when I was 16, and I think that if ever an animal had a true buddhist nature, it was him. I'll have a drink for him tonight I think....


We Will Remember

Post 11

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Thanks Pea. I'll raise a glass to Rusty too. Old friends like your Rusty and my Ricky will always have a special place in our hearts. Cheers.

JTG


We Will Remember

Post 12

Courtney Patron Saint of Social Embarassment

My Shadow

I got Her when I was 11 as a gift from my Dad. She was a mutt (a little of everything in Her). All black with the best temperment, she would follow me to school everyday to make sure I got there o.k. and would meet me outside to walk home together after.

Shadow would welcome anyone into our home as long as you patted her first. She would let me hold her puppies and help her clean them right after she had them.

She was five years old when she was hit by a car and had be put to sleep, her injuries were too severe, but my little Shadow will always be my baby.


We Will Remember

Post 13

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Thanks courtney. Shadow must have suited her name well. I'm very sorry that you lost her under such sad circumstances.

JTG


We Will Remember

Post 14

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Hi everyone,

Just popped by to ask anyone who hasn't already signed the h2g2 Amnesty International Petition to please do so...

"We, the undersigned, support the aims of Amnesty International
and the freedoms enshrined in the Universal Declaration of
Human Rights. We call for the freeing of all prisoners of
conscience; the right to fair and prompt trials for political
prisoners; the abolition of the death penalty, torture and other
cruel treatment of prisoners; and the end of political killings and
human rights abuses.

http://www.h2g2.com/A455528

Thankssmiley - smiley

JTG


Key: Complain about this post