A Conversation for h2g2 Pet Cemetery

Blessings on Watson

Post 1

Classic Krissy

The biggest, blackest, best dog that ever lived. He laughed, he smiled, he comforted. He put up with late walkings, late feedings, and being taken for granted far too much of the time. He loved talking and cuddling and walking and playing. He knew how to play tag and how to pick your coat pockets for gum while you were still in them. He knew when I was sick and wouldn't let anyone into my room or near my bed. He knew that the couch was a mysterious place that only supported doggy life during the day while everyone was at work or school and knew that he had to listen to mom, but he could just laugh at Krissy if she tried to make him do anything.

He remained happy until the day he died of cancer. He smiled right through disaster after disaster, like eating all my athsma medication at once... and severe hip displaysia... and was the only person in my life that loved me truely unconditionally.

He's been gone 5 years and I still turn corners and expect to see him. He was the only friend to a very lonely divorced little girl. I'm never sure if I'm going to heaven or not, but I know for a fact that if there is any kind of God or any kind of cosmic reward, Watson is rolling around on hillsides, sniffing cat's butts, and eating block after block of sharp cheddar cheese.


Blessings on Watson

Post 2

Gwennie

I've shared my life from being a small child to being a married woman with my own family with numerous pets of all shapes and sizes. I miss and love all the departed ones and frequently think of them still.

Kim, my black & white, cross border collie/standard poodle (pollyoodle as I used to say when people asked what breed she was - as people normally thought she was a bearded collie) is the one that I miss the most, I think. Kim was a friend to everyone and any other pets who lived with us. She shared her life with me for seventeen and a half years with out a day of illness until she finally had a stroke. I had to make the awful decision to help her die and it didn't help matters having a vet who messed everything up and turned it into the worst experience of my life.

Kim was with me through my first pregnancy, divorce, re-marriage, second pregnancy, moving house & emigrating. My second child turned out to be autistic and Kim was wonderful with him. I'm sure that having her and the other animals around the house has helped him learn to communicate with others. The worst time ever was when Kim had to go through six month's quarantine for which I'll always feel guilty and as a result, promise never to put another animal through such a nightmare experience. Having other wonderful dogs has eased the pain of Kim's death, but I'll never forget her and will always celebrate her life with me by happy memories of her. smiley - smiley


Blessings on Watson

Post 3

Classic Krissy

Watson was a standard poodle. They are an amazing breed of dog. Collies are also wonderful. smiley - smiley


Blessings on Watson

Post 4

Gwennie

Looks as though I was lucky and had the pick of the best, then.... smiley - bigeyes


Blessings on Watson

Post 5

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Hi Gwennie,

I've just posted your obit for Kim. Many thanks to you and Krissy Lee for such moving contributions.

JTG


Blessings on Watson

Post 6

Gwennie

Thanks, JTG.....


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more