A Conversation for h2g2 Pet Cemetery

GOOD-BYE, DEAR SPOOKY

Post 1

Barney's Bucksaws

Spooky-Cat, beloved buddy to our son Harley, passed away Wednesday, August 2, 2000 after a very brief illness, at the age of 2 years. Spooky shared a city apartment, and his entire little life with his friend, Harley. We will sadly miss his endearing ways, of strutting around the apartment so confidently, till someone made a noise, and he'd spook, and run for cover, hence his name. We won't forget his habit of rolling on his back and playing "cute kitty", of trying to chase birds through the window, of climbing on the fridge, opening the cupboard door and dragging his catnip out. He was the most beautiful black cat, small and stocky, with big round eyes. Harley will miss his calls through the door when he rattled his keys on the way in. Mom and Dad will miss his weekend vacations in the country, trying to cope with the lawn and bugs.

Internment occurred August 2, after a brief ceremony on the river bank outside the apartment building where he lived, under the trees he loved to watch from his window sill purch.

Rest well, Dear Little Guy. Know you were always loved, and will be sorely missed, and remembered always.

Mom


GOOD-BYE, DEAR SPOOKY

Post 2

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Thanks BB. Spooky-Cat must have been quite a character. The memories we have of beloved pets get brighter and more vivid as time goes by, outshining the memories of people we have known and growing more precious.smiley - smiley

JTG


GOOD-BYE, DEAR SPOOKY

Post 3

Barney's Bucksaws

This is Harley, jtg thank you so much for your response to my "Spooky Cat's" obit. I have had a pretty hard time over the last couple of days, and I really appreciate your sentiment.

H



GOOD-BYE, DEAR SPOOKY

Post 4

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

You're welcome. I hope that sharing your memories of Spooky helps a little.

I have corrected the error that caused the link to your homepage not to be displayed

JTG


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more