Escape Pod Dreams - 67

1 Conversation

Escape Pod Dreams: The sensible issue

The New New blob

I don't have much patience with politics. If you don't know anything about history or philosophy or manga, I don't think you should be allowed to stand for election, let alone spend a few decades making the public and the government aware of your utter suitability to be a losing contestant on any middlebrow game show. Not that I am saying that erudition and education is necessarily any benefit to those that have it. Often they have their heads in clouds that the common man rarely sees, let alone gets a whiff of.
I just think that grown people who wear suits and dresses that cost more than I earned last year should have enough sense to say, 'Well, to tell the truth, I really don't know anything about this, nor do I feel qualified to have an opinion,' and then sit down and shut up, while the real experts muck it up.

I don't have much patience with experts...

Oops. That was supposed to be down here!

What an expert I must be!

More reasons to check to see if your cellar door is locked:

The New New blob

1. 8:57 AM
IPR Presents: I can't believe I thought about eating that!, or...

by
Pinky Markeddown: driving a recalled car

2. 9:57 AM
IPR Presents: Why your mother told you not to listen to us without washing your hands, or...

by
Jerry the Light handed butcher: Thinner slices guaranteed

3. 10:57 AM
IPR Presents: The things you can't get a small enough broom to sweep up, or...

by
Furry little brick

4. 11:57 AM
IPR Presents: How do they get 35 great oldies on that itty-bitty CD?, or...

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

The New New blob

The Escape Pod Dreams
Archive

(tonsil revenge)

29.04.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A2573903

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more