A Conversation for Magicians Guild : Guild Hall

Guild Library

Post 941

Thorn

[Kraken II]: *Gets excited*
"From Paroda did you say? A demon often takes on certain properties of the place where it has been born, in what kind of region it was born in. My guess would be that when this little one grows up,- it might be able to spit fireballs. That's volcano country, isn't it?"


Guild Library

Post 942

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

There are certain mountains with volcanic properties, yes.


Guild Library

Post 943

Thorn

[Kraken]: "Sounds like it imprinted on you. An imp like that isn't very dangerous. Have you tried feeding it?"

*Gets out a roll of parchment that has an incomplete table on it.*

"The classification system is still new... partway through... you can follow it at least up to that point."

*turns the chart to where Avatar can look at it.*

"What would you say it is? Go ahead, it's alright. I'm curious on seeing if this new theory will work out."


Guild Library

Post 944

Thorn

[Kraken]: *Gets out a quill and a smaller pad of paper, and begins to jot down some notes on what he is being told*

"Found in a volcano region... not yet an adult... "
*writes some more down, then looks up to see where Avatar is at on the chart*


Guild Library

Post 945

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

I've not tried feeding it yet, I haven't a clue as to what it eats.

*he points to an image on the chart* It's appearence is closest to this one.

*he turns the chart back toward Kraken*

I haven't had to take care of anything like this in over fifty years. I'm too old to start parenting again.


Guild Library

Post 946

Thorn

[Kraken II]: "Yes. Very good. It's basic type is like that. It's a fire imp. Or at least, you could say it's class is cinder. When your fireplace burns low... feed him what's left over. Or mash up some coals that are left over or spent. When it gets stronger you can feed it hotter things. This one is only a little older than an infant. Maybe a toddler. The life cycle isn't terribly long though. In fact,- maybe a season or a semester at most... to get it to grow up. If you are doing a particularly well job, it may take a shorter time."


Guild Library

Post 947

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)



Leftover coals and cinders, eh? That sounds easy enough. What other things does it need?


Guild Library

Post 948

Thorn


[Kraken]: "That's the basics. I'm going to try and offer a class on raising and training one. You can get them to fight. It is a good addition fo almost any mage... to have a loyal imp or demon to help them out at a few things."


Guild Library

Post 949

Thorn


Guild Library

Post 950

Thorn

[Ecg]: *Twiddles his thumbs looking around at stuff*

[Kraken II]: "... & a bit of a spot or place to sleep in. That's about it."

*He trows his head back to laugh a bit, and the that makes the horns on his head and his fangs show.*


Guild Library

Post 951

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Cat: Necromancy section in the library's guarded, need special permission, bad books fall into wrong hands, Misstress will speak to you if you can find her.... *purr* cubs with wolsey... foolish wolf meaw, Lady Brymn has the death book, might let you look if its helpful


Guild Library

Post 952

Thorn

[Kraken II]: "Thank you. Do you have a name I could call you by, or does just cat suffice?"

*Then he muses a bit*

"You can call me just pirate if that makes you feel any better. Yes,- a section like that would be dangerous to browse too deep in alone. I know better than to write my name on strange books, even if it is to check them out in a library. This library is probably much different from a normal one."

*Then in a quieter voice*
"And thank you for the tip."

*He leans on the handle to his cutlass, peering around, looking at Ecg and Avatar unsure of what is to happen next*

"I ran into another Mage earlier before bumping in to you too. She was an elementalist named Elwyn. Apparently she did not know you Ecg. Have you been going to the class that I had paid to enroll you in?"

*Ecg goes from being embarassed...*
"Well, we only did meet once really, that's not too surprising. Only been doing so so in it."

*To being a bit guilty*
"... My old teacher seems indisposed of. Who knows how long. It could be indefinitely. I think that means we will have to continue studying it on our own."
*Shrug*

He hasn't been book studying so much lately as perhaps he should have. What with traveling on a quest and all up until recent.

"Dad, are you really going to be teaching a course here in the Guild?"

*The look Kraken gives with a raised eyebrow before diving back into the drafts of his manuscript seems to say "search me."*


Guild Library

Post 953

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

*Avatar looks at the two of them and decides to leave them alone for a while. He decides to head for the arena and practice.*

Well, I'm going to head out and get some practice in. It was good meeting you, sir. Good day, Ecg.

*Avatar picks up his Pim, his satchel, and his staff and leaves.*


Guild Library

Post 954

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Cat: I'm forbiden from revealing my name, the mistress calls me Melcar, you could use that if you wish... The mistress is indisposed at the moment, but i am sure given some time she will be free from her current situation...

now I must ask you... do you have any experiance with werewolves? I have one that I must.... See to


Guild Library

Post 955

Thorn

[Kraken II]: *Bids Avatar adieu*

[Ecg]: "Thanks for traveling with me Mr. Avatar. You were a big help."

[Kraken II]: (to the cat)
"Oh, this is unfortunate; I can wait though. A werewolf, did you say? Well, I am no caretaker, but I did raid the shores of a kingdom to a count that was a lycanthrope one time. Perhaps met a few. What sort of trouble?"


Guild Library

Post 956

Thorn

[Kraken II]: "Ecg, son... I need to ask you to do me a favor. You know how I like to keep my things, could you find somewhere to help me unpack them in? Just don't open the chests with labels that say not to. Everything else is fine. You know what to do."

[Ecg]: "Okay dad."
*Leaves*

[Kraken II]: "Melcar, then? Ah yes, my name is Kraken the second. We shall see about this wolf matter, if you can lead me to him or her... and I will see what there is that I can do."


Guild Library

Post 957

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Melcar: Oh no, Meaw... thats quite impossiable you see the indevidual is...... quite private about the issue, sensitive people lycanthropes... I just... need something that will help them keep there... humanity...


Guild Library

Post 958

Thorn

[Kraken II]: *Thinks about it, then takes off a ring*
"If silver kills werewolves or makes them sick when they are shot or stabbed by it, maybe if it was something weaker, like a ring or a bracelet that had some silver in it. I don't know. I'd feel bad if it made things worse."


Guild Library

Post 959

Thorn

[Kraken II]: *Shakes his head in rapid disbelief*
"Well, on the other hand, demons do know a thing or two about curses sometimes. There is one, like the one placed on me, that is why I look more or less like a person most of the time."
*Shrugs*


Guild Library

Post 960

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Melcar: unless you know what your looking for...


Key: Complain about this post