A Conversation for Magicians Guild : Guild Hall

Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 1

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

A roaring fire place where her salamander dwells waved bellows of heat in the opened doorway. Gentle fumes of jasmine fragances swept by the lilies in tall elegant vases. A narrow bunk adorned with soft goosefeather pillows. The self embroidered sheets were folded neatly. Horse blankets plundered from the stables provides additional comfort. Several herb packets (on closer scrutiny herbs for mind focus) strewn the table, as had scrolls and inks. Delicate tea cups and a steaming kettle awaits by the bedside. Carving tools lay by various intricate wooden statues of dragons, pheonixes, wolves, bucks, and horses. Hanging on the walls were portraits of past Elementalists and maps of the region. No carpets decorated the mahogany floors. Books fought everything for breathing space, so many fantastic volumes covered every surface. Overall, the room was homey and soothing to the bibliophile who inhabits it.
smiley - blush


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 2

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

*Enters chamber, takes candy out of pocket to feed her salamander along with some pilfered meat roasted from the dining hall. The ravenous familiar gobbles up the treat and slept on his bulging tummy. After giving her lesson books a perfunctionary glance that stored all the info her ability (photogenic memory) could cache, Elwyn decided to catch a nap as well. It was not very restful due to a tossing-turning bout of vivid nightmares, she sat on the bed and stared dully at the fireplace.*


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 3

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

*began seeing images shifting in fire, got frightened, thought of waking up salamander, thought better of it, let the exhausted critter be, and stormed out to the hospital once more*


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 4

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

*Returns with meat for salamander and book to read for the night, she yawns but was too frightened to fall asleep*


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 5

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

*Dumps a borrowed stack of books down on the bed to study later and walks out to the Arrow Ranges, carrying a bag and her weapons*


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 6

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

*walks in, changes into a new set of crimson robes, strolls out with salamander to library*


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 7

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

*grabs same tasty snacks for Katriana and rushed out excitely to meet her old friend in the Dining Hall smiley - bubbly*


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 8

Kat - From H2G2

*Katriana taps on the door before entering, wondering where Elwyn's gone, before taking a look around the room and settling down to wait for her*


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 9

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

*strolls in, then her tools clattered on the floor in apparent shock*
Katriana! A pleasure smiley - cool
*blushes and picks up the equipments, then tended to the fireplace after giving her salamander a loving stroke on the back*
How are you getting on? Did you enjoy the tour smiley - tea
*here, I am putting the kettle on for some tea*


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 10

Kat - From H2G2

Tea would be lovely Elwyn Centauri. I very much enjoyed my tour, although to be honest it all looked a lot like showing off to me.

Does that...salamander? Does that beast bite?


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 11

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

Oh no! Never!
*busy cleaning up and stowing abandoned carvings away as she protests*
Not bite my friends, that is... and you can not get rabies from the salamanders anyway (cold-blooded).
*smiles*
But of course, Mages love to show off smiley - hug


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 12

Kat - From H2G2

*glances around at the mess and her mouth twitches at the sight of the herbs hanging around*
I told you about those...I thought you would have forgotten by now. Have they been treating you well? I didn't approve when you came rushing off here and I don't expect to hear of an Oakham girl being mistreated.


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 13

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

Ahem. They, uh, for my, my concetration.
*quails slightly*
I mean, if I overdose it's usually for a good headache cure. It's the... uh, stress.
*hastily averted her eyes*
I had to come here, Katriana! I need to learn to control my magic, pa agreed smiley - laugh
I missed them terribly.
*brightens up and shifts some fire-rune books over to sit on the bed*
But now you are here. Come, tell me all about your plans for the future. Have you gotten a room yet? the accomadations are spacious, even this cupboard.


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 14

Kat - From H2G2

I had wondered why you chose a...cupboard.

Your family miss you too you know...you broke their hearts. Your da...he...yes well anyway *brightens up with effort* It's good to see that you've been doing well for yourself. I do hope they're alright at home. I don't think much of that Berkswell woman! Anyway I had to come, they almost ordered it in the village hall! I can't believe they stood up to me, perhaps I've been too lax recently or something. Still...I've got to prove myself better than that...*spits the word* woman...Alice she said her name was but I don't believe it. She spoke to herself a few times and I swear she used the name Patricia! Still...I'm here now and I'm going to make the most of this place.


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 15

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

*hands Katriana the steaming tea with a lemon, clucking to herself soothingly*
Yes well... Papa is a bit more lax than Mother smiley - brave
*nodded to what Katriana said*
And don't you worry about the Berkswell woman, she'll be...
*words registered and the penny dropped, Elwyn leapt to her feet and stared in horror* smiley - goodluck
Blight! Are you sure of Alice?
*the blood draining from her flushed face as her voice rose frantically*
Did she call herself Patricia?
*shakes her head, calms down, and spread open her hand in futility*
I am sorry, Katriana. If this Alice is Patricia then the matter is totally out of my hands. We must see the High Council.
Can you talk to your master?


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 16

Kat - From H2G2

I've already informed Lord Polonius, calm down and I'll thank you to watch your language.
We've already checked through the records and it's either Patricia trying to pass herself off as Alicia...or Alicia herself smiley - erm Either way they know.

*sips the tea, grimaces but continues to drink it*


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 17

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

Oh. smiley - book
*sits back down on the bed, slowly rearranging her skirts*
Well, that's that, then. smiley - booksmiley - booksmiley - book
Erm, milk? smiley - tea


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 18

Kat - From H2G2

Milk in lemon tea? You need to put some thought in your head some time child!

*leans back in her chair and holds the saucer in both hands*

So how...*yawns*...how are your *yawns again*....studies go *Katriana slumps slightly as the exhaustion overcomes her and she falls asleep still holding the teacup*


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 19

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

[softly] Dear me! My poor friend must be exhausted, with me babbling on so. I should learn to be more considerate.
*carefully removed the tea cup and transferred Katriana to the soft bed, plumped some pillows, covered her tightly with some blankets, smiled and whispered a good night*
*wrote a note in her elegant hand [Katriana, the salamander will be here to protect you and warn me. Do not fret if I am not here by the time that you awaken. I blame myself for not realizing the full extent of your fatigue. I am gone to the arrow range for a long overdue practise, join me if you please when you have rested. Then we shall find you a proper chamber.]*
*touches salamander under the robin-blue chin and deposited her familiar into the fireplace*
Watch over her, ya hear me? Love you sweet pet smiley - goodluck
*with the reminder, she grabbed her bow and was gone from the comfy cupboard*


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 20

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

*comes back with her bow and some toast*
*seeing that Katriana still asleep, gently rips up note and feeds the fire and her familiar*
[whispers] thank you, rest easy
*the salamander curls up, now fed, and snoozes*
*sits in the chair and nibbles at her piece of toast while staring intently into the fire*


Key: Complain about this post