A Conversation for Magicians Guild : Guild Hall

Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 21

Kat - From H2G2

*Katriana wakes up with a start, grabbing for a staff which isn't there*

Wuh? How long have I been...resting my eyes? I need to...what do I need to do? Find some quarters I suppose...

*nabs the toast out of Elwyn's hand*
How kind of you smiley - winkeye


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 22

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

You're up!
*glances at her hands, startled into stating the obvious*
*goes off to butter another piece of toast*
after you've finished, we can look for your room.


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 23

Kat - From H2G2

Come along then...let's go and find what the servants have been up to with my things.

F1782722?thread=577872


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 24

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

I shall be right there!
*cleans up briefly, changes into a new set of yellow robes, strokes the fire (adding more wood), waters the flowers, nabs the salamander up, and wanders through the hall to examine Katriana's room*


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 25

Kat - From H2G2

*drags Elwyn in by the hand and sits on the bed*

Come on then...show me these fabric wonders.


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 26

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

Not fair! First you called my dresses frrrrivoooolous, now you are dripping with sarcasm... Mother meant well, she thinks this is like the Court in her days.
*throws up her hands and waves in the direction of the general disorder*
First drawer is the every day black, silver, and white robes, skip that.
There's the pile of new ceremonial robes, red slashed yellow.
And here, these lacy ivory dresses, I hadn't touched them either. A bit cumbersome.
The cloak I talked about, the color shifting one on the back of the chair. I did not like it much. You blend into the background, but as usual it caught mater's fancy. Try this or the ornately embroidered one.
The other drawer contains more undergarments. I do not know why or how all the skimpy ones belong to me. I never purchased any, honest.
Oh.
*Elwyn's exasperated expression changed and she puch the material into the wisdom's hands*
Why Katriana. Do try this green silk! Is it not fantastic? You are going to be the most stunning sensation in this robe... go on and change out of that wool.
*sets up a dressing screen, shoved her behind the thing and declared happily*
now I can read my book!


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 27

Kat - From H2G2

*squeaks in protest as she is shoved but grudgingly removes her clothing and dons the dress, peering round to watch Elwyn devouring a book and decides to linger slightly longer. She admires the feel of the garment and admires herself in the small mirror on the back of the screen, but still can't do up all the hooks at the back.

Sighing in exasperation, she pokes her head out*

Elwyn can you make yourself useful and come and do up these hooks?

*she turns to expose a back tanned from hard work but crisscrossed in thicks scars all over with slash scars down her shoulders*

It's a nice dress you know...and I'd like to wear it with that cloak. There are times when it's good to blend in....


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 28

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

*started, but decided not to mention anything untactful, managed all the buttons though her nimble fingers seemed to have turned to thumbs, grabs Katriana about the shoulders and steered her directly to the huge shiny mirror*
Katriana Al'Bryn you are absolutely lovely in that garment! Say you will accept it, please. This cloak is yours.
*giggled and gushed on, enthused*
You look fantastic outside of your sensible clothing. And the green is fabulous. I love it. Oh, what would I give if the boys could only see you now. They will all be clamoring for a chance to dance with you... I know it.
Look at yourself!


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 29

Kat - From H2G2

*turns from side to side surrupticiously admiring herself in the mirror*

Well it's certainly different. The green is nice isn't it? Perhaps if you're certain...

*She allows herself a quick twirl in the middle of the room and grabs Elwyn's hands and briskly steers her through a gigue, her face free of its tight guarded look, laughing and exaggerating the accompanying gestures*

Well don't we look a fine pair? Who would have guessed we'd be doing this five years ago? Here look try this...
*Katriana places Elwyn's hand on her shoulder and the other on her waist*
Now move with me, step step together step hop step step together, then a bit of a jump and come twirl under my hand here and now back to facing me and oh look you've overstepped the twirl now you're practically standing on my feet...*she stops, giggling slightly and smiling*


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 30

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

All we lack are a few pipers blowing some romantics.
*Elwyn grins, her friend's fey mood contagious*
Oh yes. Are we not the most elegant pair our village ever produced? Here we can soar on our graceful abilities, to play, to dance
*almost trips over her books trying to keep up with the pace*
[breathlessly] to be clumsy! You and I are going to have fun.
*smiles mischieviously and picks up some more dresses*
Blue is nice. And silver. And that brown velvet. You'll like them. Oh, here's lady's gloves, if they don't suit you give 'em to Heathcliff!


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 31

Kat - From H2G2

Romantics? I think not, unless the world has changed since last I went out.

You can't give away ALL your clothes you know. Although it is splendid to look nice every now and then. I wouldn't say normally, but those woollens do have their downsides, besides they were darned all up the...*comes to an abrupt halt*...back.

*she looks suspiciously at Elwyn as she picks up some of the books from the floor and balances them carefully around*


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 32

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

There you go, I was thinking of the darling boys!
*chuckles softly*
My friend, had I meantioned giving?
*imitates her Mother's stern voice*
A lady must not seem too charitable.
*Elwyn gave an unladylike snort*
I took your clothes, I do not have any like it in my possession and the style is so interesting. Unless you prefer to go stark naked (and I am sure that'll give the males cause to thank you, even the High Lord) I'd consider the dresses a trade.
*pressed the wardrobe of clothing on her and pushed Katriana out the door*
Now it is late and some one needs her beauty sleep. I trust you could find your way back to your chambers where I will meet you later.
*shuts the door gently in her friend's face, smiles at the salamander*


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 33

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

*steps in and smiled serenely*
I caught up with my missed work smiley - biggrin
*gathers some books to go to the library*


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 34

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

*returns from library with Kernal's writings on the bag of winds*
Katriana, I could try and see...
*waves her hand and a breeze stirred*
melting stage...
*mutters and the breeze begins thickening*


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 35

Kat - From H2G2

Wait I can't see what you're doing!
*Katriana scowls and looks peeved*
Tell me what you're doing so I know and can try it myself...later.


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 36

guina

*pokes head in*

is lady elandra powel (i probly spelt that wrong) in here?


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 37

Elwyn_Centauri, geAt (O+ THS)

no, her ladyship is not here
*started at the interruption and then colored the wind red and silver*
Katriana, this silver strand is the thickened bulk and I will use the red breeze to loop and thread them together, like this...


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 38

guina

do you know where i can find her?


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 39

Kat - From H2G2

*grumbles at Elwyn*
But I don't know HOW you're doing it oh bother it just get on...

*Katriana turns to the newcomer in the door*

To be honest nobody has seen the Lady in SOME time...perhaps finding an adept or novice would be more advisable. Sorry I can't help you more.


Elwyn_Centauri's cupboard

Post 40

guina

ok then

*leaves*


Key: Complain about this post