A Conversation for Magicians Guild : Guild Hall

Guild Library

Post 921

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

~~This is Lady Shaylar all mages report to the dining hall~~


Guild Library

Post 922

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

*goes to the necromancy section and removes a very old beaten looking book, unlocks it with a key she takes from her pocket then stores it in with her other things*


Guild Library

Post 923

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

*walks into the library and takes a few books from the necromancer section then removes the book of the dead from her bag and places it on the table also*


*moves a few lit candles around herself *

lets see.... earth spirit earth spirit....


Guild Library

Post 924

Tom tamer of the lion

*tom runs in and goes straight to the posion section, ather scanning some titles he finds what he is looking for "orc posions explained" tom runs out with the book in hand*


Guild Library

Post 925

Thorn

[Kraken II]: "Miss Elwyn? Is this the right place? I want to give a lecture as guest speaker for some of the mages. For a place that is supposed to be like a school, I sure don't see any teachers around much. Where are its professors... and people of learning of imparting learning?"

*He sets the trunk down on a table. The parrot sits itself on the edge to the back of one of the empty chairs, next to a strange shaped globe of the world,... that isn't ... round,- quite.*


Guild Library

Post 926

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

<smiley - book>


Guild Library

Post 927

Thorn

: *Nods*


Guild Library

Post 928

Thorn

[Kraken II]: *Sets the other chest down, and takes his coat off draping it off the back of his chair. The handles of two musket-flintlock pistol hybrids stick out of it.*
"Oh. Those won't due for a teacher to have around when there are students... outside of when it is in a lesson-plan."

*Hides them in the trunk without imps in it, in the hopes that none of the Guild teachers noticed that*

"Let me see here now, first order of business..."
*Practices and further drafts the speech he is preparing to give*


Guild Library

Post 929

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

*the cat trots in after Kraken II*

cat: Meaw... my Misstress Is a Necromancer born and bread *snigger* She will speak with you I'm sure but first, you said something about a fish...


Guild Library

Post 930

Thorn

[Kraken II]: "Okay, yes. I will go get that now."

*Fetches a parcel from the chest not filled-with-imps, and unwraps it... setting it down near the cat*

"Yeah. I like to fish sometimes. Hopefully this one is a little fresher though. Last time I fished was..."

*does not remember*


Guild Library

Post 931

Thorn

*However as our nautical writerbeast is busying himself with telling things to the cat... he is not quite so aware of that despite the brightly colored sash, that his tail has become visible. It ends with a spade shape at the tip, and sometimes when he is at a particular point of emphasis, it flicks.*

"DO you think it would be too intimidating, if I were to point at things on the board using my cutlass?" he asks, actually in earnest.


Guild Library

Post 932

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

Cat: some people may dislike it...


Guild Library

Post 933

Thorn

[Kraken II]: "Ah, I was afraid so. Means I will have to get some sort of a pointer. Say, would your owner be the same Dr.Alicia Brmyn who I am thinking it would be? They're near a living legend in some circles. I would be honored to meet her. I was reading a treatise on creatures of the night on the voyage I went on the way over here. I think it was by her. I found it to be a most fascinating glimpse through... a different kind of a look at some things."

*Pauses rummaging for the hardbacked book in one of the trunk*

"...Do you think I could get her to sign it,- maybe if I asked really politely?"


Guild Library

Post 934

Thorn

[Kraken II]: "It was that part on plants that grew alongside graves and in cemetaries, I think... yeah. I liked that part too."


Guild Library

Post 935

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

*The doors to the library open and Avatar strolls in. With a wave of his hand he closes them behind him. He closes his eyes and inhales deeply, savoring the aroma of papers, ink, and binding glue and anticipating many peaceful hours of studying and research. He opens his eyes again.*

*to the world at large* Hello everyone, I'm back.

*He spots Kraken and walks over.*

Hello sir, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Avatar ch'Thane, scholar. Who might you be?


Guild Library

Post 936

Thorn

[Kraken II]: "Hi. My name is Kraken. I am hoping to apply for a teaching position at the Guild. My son goes here. A scholar, did you say? I wonder..." He says, shaking hands "... do you think you might be able to help me with a bit of my research? I will pay you for your efforts."


Guild Library

Post 937

Thorn

*Ecg strolls in*
"Um... father? What are you doing here? Are you trying to plunder the Guild?!"

[Kraken]: "No, no- it's nothing like that. Relax, I am trying to look for a way to take on a teaching position."

*Ecg sits down near the table, realizing that he had interrupted something*

Pim of course goes over to near where Avatar is on noticing him.


Guild Library

Post 938

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

Oh? What kind of research?


Guild Library

Post 939

Thorn

[Kraken II]: "It is on studying demons and imps mostly. I'm going o call it demonology; really ties in a bit with certain areas under necromancy. I'm kind of a big fan of Dr. Brmyn's works in some of those areas."


Guild Library

Post 940

The_Admiral(aka Avatar)

Really?

*Avatar picks up Pim.*

Then perhaps you can tell me what to do with this little guy. He followed your boy and me home from Outpost Poroda.


Key: Complain about this post