A Conversation for The CLI/STUMPED Mine

Administrative Offices

Post 601

Afgncaap5

*Affy eyes the cafeteria warily*

I never did get used to that place....


Administrative Offices

Post 602

Titania (gone for lunch)

*spits out PAG, bow and arrows at the ready*


Administrative Offices

Post 603

Chesworth, Head of CLI Security

*the ape suddenly jerks awake, sees the intruders and tries to reach for the big orange button on the desk, but falls off the chair instead*

Ook! [My arms and legs have gone to sleep!]


*the gobold sees GDZ's gesture just as the ape falls to the floor with a muffled thump, drops his papers on the nearest desk and walks over to another gobold who appears to be swopping out pieces inside a server*

*after a few words, they glance quickly toward the airlock room, then walk behind a large rack. A moment later a human head pokes round the side of the stack and stares at them, then moves carefully forward, keeping the equipment between himself and the doors on the right*

*he mouths the word HELP*


*the human is wearing a gray jumpsuit with U46995 stenciled across the front and back*


Administrative Offices

Post 604

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*pulls some duct tape out of her backpack and kneels to truss up the ape and cover its mouth*


Administrative Offices

Post 605

Witty Moniker


That guy reminds me of someone.

Actually, he reminds me of serveral people. More than several, even.

smiley - weird


Administrative Offices

Post 606

Coniraya


some of whom remind me of the Final Fantasy series


*tiptoes after Lil*


Administrative Offices

Post 607

Afgncaap5


Some of whom aren't even people....


*Refrains from tiptoing, instead finds some shadows to slink through*


Administrative Offices

Post 608

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*Moves into the room, trying to keep track of the gobolds.*


Administrative Offices

Post 609

Disgruntled Ape

*points at the numb ape and laughs* Ook! [Ha ha ha!]


Administrative Offices

Post 610

Afgncaap5


Now that we've reached the long-sought Admin Level 2, how shall we proceed?


Administrative Offices

Post 611

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Quietly until we see the enemy and then, VERY loudly!


Administrative Offices

Post 612

Coniraya

*looks around Kung Fu Styleee*


Administrative Offices

Post 613

Afgncaap5

*Notices an old-fashioned infra-red eye near the floor. He points it out to some and steps over it in an exagerated fashion*


Administrative Offices

Post 614

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*Looks for signs of other eyes and steps over the one already seen*

Do you suppose there are ears about as well?


Administrative Offices

Post 615

Afgncaap5


Not if this place is still the way I remember it. Areas like this were always done Bond-villain style.

But we shouldn't risk it, anyway. Good thinking.


Administrative Offices

Post 616

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*The eye seems to go from the wall to the desk, because no alarm was tripped when Lil went behind the desk to truss up the security ape*

*whispering* There are buttons on the desk. One is red with the word HELP on it. One is orange and doesn't say anything. And one is green and says OPEN.

smiley - silly I'm open to your advice.


Administrative Offices

Post 617

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

My advice is to leave the help button alone, Lil.


Administrative Offices

Post 618

Afgncaap5

smiley - erm

Actually, it's a good thing you asked. This's come up before, a long time ago, back when GL and I were working with someone named Lady Pennywhistle (no relation to Penny from the Atelier). We mentioned that we'd intentionally mislabel buttons and levers and things.

Now, if this place still keeps old CLI practice, then the labels will be incorrect. Still, if this place keeps old CLI practice, then either should be safer than the orange one.


Administrative Offices

Post 619

Coniraya

*steps over the invisible beam a la Bond movie style*

*keeps her hands and elbows in to avoid touching buttons*

*like 'Wet Paint' signs, 'Don't Touch' warnings only increase the temptation to do just that*


Administrative Offices

Post 620

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

/* Slips behind the desk with Lil */

Under normal circumstances we would never press the orange button, right? Well these aren't normal circumstances. I say "orange".

smiley - dog <-- sniffing around the tree trunk of cables


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more