A Conversation for The CLI/STUMPED Mine

Administrative Offices

Post 581

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

smiley - yikes
Ape, can you read?


Administrative Offices

Post 582

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Lil does have a point Affy.


Administrative Offices

Post 583

Afgncaap5

*Dramatically lowers his gauntlet*


Administrative Offices

Post 584

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*Having waited for someone to push a button, looks over the button panel and pushes what he hopes is the one for Admin Level 2.*


Administrative Offices

Post 585

Afgncaap5

*Notices a "Destination" sign flash "Admin Level 2" as the doors slide closed. Big Band music begins playing over the speakers*


Administrative Offices

Post 586

Disgruntled Ape

Ook?
[Read?]
*squats down and pulls a manual out of his pack*
Ook.
[Who needs to read when everything is in pictures? I always used that button when I was bringing in fresh workers from topside.]


Administrative Offices

Post 587

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

That explains a lot!


Administrative Offices

Post 588

Afgncaap5

So I wonder if this elevator can go to topside, then.


Administrative Offices

Post 589

Coniraya

Now that would be handy, wouldn't it?

*dramatic pause*

We do want to go topside don't we?


Administrative Offices

Post 590

Disgruntled Ape

*puts away manual*
Ook!
[Nope! Another day and my orchid meds start to wear off. We need to get some pills. And this elevator doesn't go topside. The elevator by where the mad bot lives, that's how we get down here. Then we report to the office you just blew up, then we take this elevator down.]


Administrative Offices

Post 591

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*sighs* That would have been too easy.

So we need pills to get these orchids off? Will we have orchid withdrawal symptoms? Who dispenses the pills?


Administrative Offices

Post 592

Afgncaap5

Hmmm....access to CLI's future medical technology....

*Affy checks his hand beneath the OmeGauntlet, thinking quietly*

Garius, think they've invented some anti-pink lemonade yet?


Administrative Offices

Post 593

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*The elevator slows and comes to a stop, the doors open slowly. GDZ, raises his crossbow and peeks around the doorway.*


Administrative Offices

Post 594

Afgncaap5

*Peeks over GDZ's head, in a comedic fashion*


Administrative Offices

Post 595

Coniraya

*still feeling dramatically inclined, holds her breath*


Administrative Offices

Post 596

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*sets her nanogun to PINS AND NEEDLES*


Administrative Offices

Post 597

Afgncaap5

*Pauses*






















*And pauses some more*


Administrative Offices

Post 598

Chesworth, Head of CLI Security

*the doors have opened into a large airlock-type room separated by tempered glass from a much larger room which is filled with server racks, little boxes with blinking lights and tree trunks of cables. It is a forest of electronic equipment*

*the only entities in the room are a handful of gobolds shackled at the knees, wearing white labcoats. They appear to be menial operators*

*There are a number of doors along the wall to the right in this large room. Some rooms appear to be offices, but another door is marked CAFETERIA and it is ajar. Murmuring voices can be heard through the glass, coming through that door*

*In the airlock room is a desk, on the left, behind which sits an ape. His head is on the desk, on crossed arms. He or she is sound asleep. The door into the enormous room is straight ahead*

*one of the gobolds has looked up when the elevator door opened, and he now stares at the new arrivals through the glass, evidently surprised*


Administrative Offices

Post 599

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*tiptoes up to the sleeping ape and shoots point-blank*

*nothing appears to happen*


Administrative Offices

Post 600

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*Raises a finger to his lips, indicating that the shackled gobolds should remain quiet.*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more