A Conversation for The League of H2G2

The League Bar!

Post 121

Batty_ACE

To be honest I have no idea...

I just realized I have herb teas though... smiley - smiley


The League Bar!

Post 122

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

smiley - biggrin


The League Bar!

Post 123

Batty_ACE

*puts on a pot of orange spice tea for Dr. A and pours herself a nice smiley - batini*


The League Bar!

Post 124

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

smiley - biggrin thank you,


The League Bar!

Post 125

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

anphetamine, or some varient will keep you awake.


smiley - cheers


The League Bar!

Post 126

Midnight Angel (ACE / G~A / GODDESS)

Bit quiet in here isnt it?
Just helps self to a smiley - stiffdrink and sits at the bar waiting to see if anyone else comes in today..


The League Bar!

Post 127

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

I leave the bar for a few day and people start serving smiley - tea! Outrageous!

How is everyone? Anyone gonna join me for an smiley - ale?
smiley - peacedove


The League Bar!

Post 128

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

I could do with an smiley - ale, although to look at the way I was just playin Othello you'd think I'd been on the pish all night.


smiley - cheers


The League Bar!

Post 129

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

Ah, Othello, my favourite Shakespeare play...smiley - smiley

Have an smiley - ale on the house...smiley - ok

smiley - peacedove


The League Bar!

Post 130

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

I did a bit better tonight. Won all but two games, again i lost because I made stupid, rookey, mistakes. Oh and thanks for the smiley - ale


smiley - cheers


The League Bar!

Post 131

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

There's an Othello *game*? Tell me more!

*Plies him with smiley - ale*
smiley - peacedove


The League Bar!

Post 132

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

It's a Japanese varient of an old English game called Reversi, circa late 1800's, which modifies the rules enough to allow it to be copyrighted.
You have a board of 64 squares, 8x8, much like a chess or draughts board and 64 discs, black on one side, white on the other. You start the game with four discs layed out on the four center squares thus

smiley - space----------smiley - space
smiley - space|smiley - smiley|smiley - sadface|smiley - space
smiley - space----------smiley - space
smiley - space|smiley - sadface|smiley - smiley|smiley - space
smiley - space----------smiley - space

where smiley - smiley = white side up
and smiley - sadface = black side up

One player takes black, and the other takes white. Black starts and you take turns placing discs of your colour on the board, but only under the following conditions.

*finishes smiley - ale and takes another*

You must make an un-broken line of your opponents colour, flanked by two of your colour. Then all you turn the disks you have flanked over, to reveal your colour, if you cant do this you must give up your turn, and let your opponent another go.

The winner is the person who, at the end, has the most discs of their colour on the board.

*finishes second smiley - ale and takes yet another*

My best score so far has been 56-0 smiley - biggrin


smiley - cheers


PS the game of Reversi which comes with windows is, in fact, Othello. The games QtHello, Darwersi, Desdemona and Rhino are versions of Othello for Linux. wZebra is my favourite off-line version though.

PPS, someone remind me I must renew my membership of the British Othello Federation.


The League Bar!

Post 133

GodBen (The Magical Astronomer) - 00000011

I have Othello at home. Haven't played it in ages.


The League Bar!

Post 134

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

heathen swine. Oh and I got my best score wrong, it was 58-0.


smiley - cheers


The League Bar!

Post 135

Midnight Angel (ACE / G~A / GODDESS)

Hello all.
smiley - sorry its late but happy new year to one and all.
This round is on me.

smiley - bubblyx what ever it takessmiley - biggrin


The League Bar!

Post 136

GodBen (The Magical Astronomer) - 00000011

War in Iraq, international terrorism, political instability, resurgence of SARS, new Harry Potter movie!

And you call this happy?


The League Bar!

Post 137

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

hey, I'm happy...


..-er than I was towards the end of last year. I'm making possible progress on the job obtaining front, and I'm in a relationship with someone wonderful.


smiley - cheers


PS I'm also doin ok in my gaming.


The League Bar!

Post 138

GodBen (The Magical Astronomer) - 00000011

Oh sure. You're happy so all the worlds problems just go away, don't they?


The League Bar!

Post 139

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

no, e.g. there's still a moron with the power to push the big red button marked Nuke, but they don't seem quite so bad. Any way, an unhappy me would be a problem for the world. After all I have an above, way above, average IQ and I know how to make weapons, including WMD, and I regularly plot/plan crimes as an intellectual exercise.


smiley - cheers


PS can I have another smiley - ale? I've finished this one


The League Bar!

Post 140

GodBen (The Magical Astronomer) - 00000011

I'm not the barman!


Key: Complain about this post

The League Bar!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more