A Conversation for h2g2 Addiction Clinic

Listen to me! I'm addicted

Post 1

J'au-æmne

I just can't stay away. First thing before my lectures... last thing before going home... during the day.... at the weekend....
Where will you find me?
H2G2!
Why?
I'm completely and hopelessly addictedsmiley - winkeye
Joanna
Anyone else???


Listen to me! I'm addicted

Post 2

Bluebottle

YES! Me! I am addicted to.
I've even had dreams about H2G2 - so if that's not addiction, what is?


Listen to me! I'm addicted

Post 3

J'au-æmne

I dreamed about being in a forum. But all the ACEs names were coming up in Bold Italic like tdv employees...


Listen to me! I'm addicted

Post 4

Bluebottle

Was that including us soon-to-be's too?
I hope that Yahoo sorts itself out before they send out the info regarding who is what!


Listen to me! I'm addicted

Post 5

J'au-æmne

I think you'd posted to the forum... I'm not sure. Why not set [email protected] to forward to simeon for a bit, then send the messages back when it sorts itself out?


Listen to me! I'm addicted

Post 6

Bluebottle

Could do...
But I seem to be recieving well at the moment - apparently sending is weird...
...Hmmm...


Listen to me! I'm addicted

Post 7

J'au-æmne

Oh, the vagaries of the internet! it seems to have its own uncertainty principle.


Listen to me! I'm addicted

Post 8

Phil

Having seen what happens from the 'other side' as it were, the vagaries of the internet aren't that much of a problem.
The fact that this whole shebang works at all is amazing smiley - bigeyes


Listen to me! I'm addicted

Post 9

J'au-æmne

So what may have happened to the missing mail? It tried to go from yahoo to altavista to Durham... which is likely to have been the weak link?


Listen to me! I'm addicted

Post 10

Phil

Off hand I don't know. I'd have to see the (full) headers for the mails to see what was going where exactly, and any error message output that anyone got, but hey that's part of my job and I'm now at home. Only I've got a pager that could go off at any time and I've got to deal with it smiley - sadface.


Listen to me! I'm addicted

Post 11

J'au-æmne

*sympathy*
Don't worry, just an idle question...


Listen to me! I'm addicted

Post 12

Phil

I wasn't that woried smiley - winkeye

I've just spent ten minutes getting somethign to restart.
It shouldn't work like that smiley - sadface I follow the instructions I'm given on the pager and it doesn't work. Why the **** doesn't it do what it's supposed to do (and it's just gone off again as the paging system catches up with itself).

Arrggghhhh, why is the whole darn thing so broken. Another page (yes that two seperate ones whilst I type this - I should type faster I know smiley - smiley) this time I can't do anything about it. Everyone knows that nothing can be done about it but still I (or anyone else who's on call) get told, arrrggggghhhhh.

thanks, just had to get it off my chest.


Listen to me! I'm addicted

Post 13

Demon Drawer

I'm definately still addicted I was out for pay day friday last night and *almost* popped into the internet cafe we passed between pubs. As you all know I didn't but the thought was there.


Listen to me! I'm addicted

Post 14

Bluebottle

Dancing Ermine used to be addicted. smiley - sadface
I think we should tell hi how much he's missed.


Listen to me! I'm addicted

Post 15

J'au-æmne

*smiley - sadface*


Listen to me! I'm addicted

Post 16

Bluebottle

But DNA is on again.... smiley - smiley


Listen to me! I'm addicted

Post 17

J'au-æmne

And still hasn't posted... I wonder if he saw his donuts?


Listen to me! I'm addicted

Post 18

Bluebottle

He probably did. He likes looking around, but very, very, very rarely posts anything.
I haven't seen him do it - only afterwards do I learn where he's been.
People tend to flock to his conversations too much... smiley - winkeye


Listen to me! I'm addicted

Post 19

J'au-æmne

Raising the point: if he *did* post *more* and people got used to it, would this no longer be a problem?


Listen to me! I'm addicted

Post 20

Bluebottle

Maybe not - although more people would try and have conversations with him.
Also, if he *did* post more - would he have enough time to write books & do other things? smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post