A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

The Gullible Thread

Post 601

Pinky

Sorry wrong post !


The Gullible Thread

Post 602

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Prince's song "Little Red Corvette" was originally a homage to vegetables until someone pointed out to him that courgettes aren't red.


The Gullible Thread

Post 603

swl

smiley - laugh


The Gullible Thread

Post 604

Pink Paisley

Eventually the world will run out of black pixels and when you type into your computer, only blankness will come out unless you use another colour.

PP


The Gullible Thread

Post 605

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

If you tip your monitor on its side, all the colour will run out of the vents on the side.

If you have an LCD screen, the colour will build up at the bottom, and the screen will spring a leak, and dribble on the desk.


The Gullible Thread

Post 606

Dene - specialist in red herrings

Mine has just done just that. Why didn't you warn me earlier?


The Gullible Thread

Post 607

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

A slight digression from the thread, as this actually happened - I used to work for a well known electrical retailer. Someone's pen had leaked, and left a stain on the floor, close to where I was re-arranging the display of portable TVs.
A new lad, somewhat gullible was just arriving, so I quickly placed a TV on it's side, on top of the stain. As he approached, I asked him to pass me the TV. He did - and noticed the stain.
I looked shocked, and cursed myself for leaving the TV on its side - and explained the problem with the dye in the TV screen running out. He was amazed - and actually believed me.
We managed to keep this up for over a week, until he began to notice that people seemed to leave TV's on their side whenever he was around...


The Gullible Thread

Post 608

Pink Paisley

Sorry Moonhog, but you seem to imply that the other posts in this thread are not true!

What are you on?

PP


The Gullible Thread

Post 609

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

I do apologise.

Don't know what came over me there.

Sorry.

Won't do it again.


The Gullible Thread

Post 610

swl

Despite the best efforts of the pharmaceutical industry and billions spent on research, the best treatment for acne is chicken milk.


The Gullible Thread

Post 611

Yael Smith

My dad managed to convince my brother and me that there's a laundry programme for dogs, and told us to go and look at the dial, and find a silhouette of a dog on it. (I was about 13 at the time, never used or looked at a laundry machine before. My brother was about 5)
Needless to say we actually checked...
smiley - blush


The Gullible Thread

Post 612

swl

Chocolate can only actually be digested and absorbed by women. Just as sweetcorn has absolutely no nutritional value, so it is with men and chocolate. Therefore, giving men chocolate is a waste of time as only women derive any benefit from it.


The Gullible Thread

Post 613

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

Has anyone mentioned that if a zebra walks past a barcode scanner, it comes up as frozen peas?


The Gullible Thread

Post 614

swl

The Beatles wrote "Hey Jude" during their touring in Germany days, but the original was called "Achtung Juden"


The Gullible Thread

Post 615

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

Penguins can smell toothpaste from three miles away.


The Gullible Thread

Post 616

The Groob

The number 4 was invented in 1562. Before that, the sequence of numbers went: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8...


The Gullible Thread

Post 617

KB

The national anthem of Bhutan is "Roll out the barrel" played on the lute.


The Gullible Thread

Post 618

Taff Agent of kaos


jo brand and john sergent are brother and sister

<smiley - bat


The Gullible Thread

Post 619

MonkeyS- all revved up with no place to go


Dame Helen Mirren once played scrum-half for Wigan.


The Gullible Thread

Post 620

MonkeyS- all revved up with no place to go


Johnny Vegas actually comes from Los Angeles. smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post