Escape Pod Dreams - 23

1 Conversation


Waving a stick of pungent incense in the face of a sterile future!

The New New blob


Bad timing is everything...


You ever have one of those, um, weeks?

The lawyers for the people who do the lawnscaping around the IPR building and transmitter have invoked their lien in contradiction to the Sighthouse Productions for the Hard of Seeing take-over of our station.

Apparently it involves a class action suit against a bad lawyer who mediated a noise abatement action a few years ago when the Muddle Manglement
objected to the particular note that a riding mower made when busily rattling their office windows (that's not funny!) with tossed bits of shredded soda cans.

They joined others in filing suit to request quite strongly that the mower be tuned with an Idumean Pitch Pipe so that it would become more soothing and condusive to a worklike atmosphere.

It turned out that the Idumean Pitch Pipe is against the religion of the Lawn Mower Operator, who is a member of the Reformed Orthodox Guild of Ancient Samaria, meetings held Saturdays and Thursdays, Bingo at eight on Monday, excepting test matches.

Said Lawn Mower Operator, apparently a registered professional with the National Board of Professionals Who Register Professionals In Their Individual and Various Fields, a subset and diplomate of the International Trust for Disbelieving Harpists, took this prospective violation of his religious rights to the Labour and Religion Mediation Board of the Federal Union of Determinators, who then took the whole thing to the Armenian Choral Society's Supreme Court, hoping for an amicus curae brief from the Chieftain's Road Manager...

Anyway, this means that we are in limbo as to our actual ownership and a court-appointed receiver or caretaker (or whatever she is called) is responsible for our day to day and the bill paying, so that we don't go completely under.

Our non-profit tax status is also heavily in question, as some of the Upper Manglement made political contributions, it seems, to the local roving Italian Ice purveyor, Irlich Regonnan, who is registered to run for Dog Catcher and Roadside Sign Warden in our Parish.

All in all, things as they stand could hardly be worse and our prospects couldn't possibly be better.

I, personally, am angling for some kind of semi-lucrative redundancy scheme, so that I can finally semi-retire and open that lamp repair shop I've been dreaming about...

---------------------906-----------------------

I'm sorry. That person no longer works for us.

We return you to the regularly scheduled material:

Dame Edith Sutcliffe recites the lost erotic poetry of the Third Earl of Scone, in 4/4 time, to the accompaniment of her thoroughbred hermit crab, Skippy Paramount's Irish Delight, the IIIrd.


Other examples of bad timing:

1. 8:57 AM

"A Prayer For the Lying", by Ippy Poy Paramecium, eight years old and wiser than words...

by


The Maroon Macaroon

2. 9:57 AM

Odd news for Odd news fans: Chapter Two


by


Don't Die Without Me, I've Got Pizza Ordered!

3. 10:57 AM

The Dimwit Zone: Simon, Bippy the Smartest Girl in the World's little brother, has his say.

by


Tea has waves of baking your chalk...

4. 11:57 AM

To each, his own.: A sociological examination of the role of the T-shirt in modern clergy dress codes.

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

The Escape Pod Dreams
Archive

(tonsil revenge)

15.05.03 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A1050751

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more