Genesis - the Band

8 Conversations

Genesis is one of two things, depending on your outlook.

The first, and definitely the most popular, is that Genesis occurred when God created the world. In a fit of creativity as yet unmatched, God created light, Heaven and Earth, animals, weather, mankind and cocktail sticks. This took six days, and on the seventh God took a break, inadvertently creating the Sunday lie-in in the process.

The second Genesis broke onto the music scene in the early 1970s and refused to go away, despite loud hints from the punk and goth movements. Fronted by a man who used to dress up as a flower and whose lyrics made "I am the walrus" look positively lucid, Genesis took their name a bit too seriously by ensuring that every song they performed live went on for at least six days. Or that's how it felt...


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A92350

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more