The h2g2 Post 13.07.15

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 13th July 2015

The Ever-Winding Road

Fierce fighting in the forest. h2g2ers, we have the latest war news. Okay, not the latest. The picture over there? Oh, that's some fighting that took place in the forest of Western Pennsylvania last month. The British lost, I regret to say. What's that you say? Oh, no, of course it's fake, just like professional wrestling. But those reenactors put their hearts and souls into the French and Indian War. Your Editor finally got the pics back, so here in this issue is the thrilling account of the skirmish witnessed, involving Scotsmen, Scots Irish settlers, American Indians of several tribes, British Regulars, and some Frenchmen with terribly suspicious accents and some very loud cannon1. If you haven't had enough military talk by the time you reach the end of that period-accurate report, we've also got the skinny on the Pig War of 1859. You've never heard of it? Where have you been?

Oh, you'd rather read about wildlife? Easier on the nerves, and more stimulating to the brain? We aim to please. Willem has a magnificent bird for you to admire, and some really great photos and tips about growing groundsel. Not seen enough nature yet? Check out Cactuscafe's photo montage: her Henges will make you look twice.

Ah, you say, but I'd much rather catch up with Create. Look no further. The Post brings you a wistful little confession by pebblederook, who was kind enough to share his regrets about the Road Not Taken. Stop to read and commiserate, and remember: you owe us a tale of your own. Cough it up! Next week, we'll have some fiction on the topic, so you can look forward to that.

Awix is here, blinking in the sunlight as always. Go see what he thought about the film. We've sprinkled in a few chuckles along the way, and there's a quiz to see if you Brits really know anything about the place you live in. So what are you waiting for? This is a big issue: get reading!

And may Frenchmen with cannons stay far from your neck of the woods.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

THE ANATOMY OF NATURE
  • Crowned Crane  by Willem.
  • Finger-Leaved Groundsel.


ALL THINGS GREAT AND SMALL

THE GREAT OUTDOORS

  • Pig and bull.
  • An American Indian warrior.

GREAT WRITING

(NOT) SET IN STONE
  • Henges by Cactuscafe.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


1I swear I heard one of them say something about elderberries.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87855718

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more