The Post 2T 13.06.11 - 15.08.11

0 Conversations

The Post OfficeThe Post

Arts and Film | Artwork | Campaigns, Puzzles and Competitions | Cartoons | News, Sport, Science and Information
Regular Columns and Columnists | Serials and Stories - Fact and Fiction | Travelogues and Previous Columns | Post Pages
Back Issues

The forty-sixth page of Past Issue links with a brief description of some, but by no means all,
of
the excellent articles featured.



  • 13.06.11

    The untimely death of Pedantic Bar Steward is marked with some tributes. Bel finishes her Turkish sojourn, Phoneician Trader is assuriant in Adelaide, and Dmitri delivers some alternatives to twiddling your thumbs while waiting.

  • 20.06.11

    Hygenicdispenser makes their Post debut with a picture for Around the World in 80 Days. The competition heats up with Pinniped, Rod, and Happy Nerd all submitting entires for Saving the Best till Last, while a sporting contest with a difference is taking place on Bluebottle's Isle of Wight.

  • 27.06.11

    What's new, pussycat? Well, there are two new moons in July, Galaxy Babe informs us, Smudger's back with a new set of wheels, and Mazin' Mad Fiddler has penned a poem in praise of NooHooToo.

  • 04.07.11

    Mr Inquisitor asks Researcher 5 (aka co-saviour of h2g2 Robbie Stamp) all the biz, Icy's drummed up another fiendish word quiz, and Bea continues her round Britain whizz. Tis a great edition, so it is.

  • 11.07.11

    There are a whopping 10 more entrants for the Saving the Best till Last competition, as well as notes from both Around the Sundial, and of the Musical variety, covering the Big Apple and a very big symphony. Pinniped launches the Showcase idea, and there's a super review of Super from Awix.

  • 18.07.11

    Change is afoot in hootooland, and The Post scoops an interview with the Larholms of Noesis. Gnomon rounds off his Noo Yoik experiences, while further south Hypatia recounts an encounter with a tornado. Vestboy unravels the myriad mysteries of the metric system, and Dmitri's challenge is to be inspired by a Diamond.

  • 25.07.11

    Mudhooks makes her Post debut reminiscing about taverns, Smudger recalls paying off his mortgage, and Awix looks back to the original Planet of the Apes. But can you spot which Neil Diamond song inspired which article in the rest of this edition?

  • 01.08.11

    It's love at first site for first-time Post author Deep Doo Doo, the sight of the final shuttle mission moves Galaxy Babe, and three researchers go sight-seeing in Frankfurt.

  • 08.08.11

    Rod visits an unusual winery, minorvogonpoet ponders the British flag, Prof invents some astral dinos (aided by Willem), and Dmitri takes fiction far too seriously.

  • 15.08.11

    Phoenician Trader is unimpressed by a spa hotel, but h5ringer is entranced by Mozart. Mudhooks escapes from an elk, and Willem introduces us to the elegant genet.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A85248101

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more