The h2g2 Post 08.08.11

2 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 08th August 2011

The end is nigh

...or is it? Unfortunately, I'm not privy to this information, but then maybe nobody knows just yet. And so, it is business as usual here in the Post Office. Awix' wonderful 24 Lies A Second column will celebrate its 10th anniversary on 22 August (yes, that's two weeks from now), and we'd like to celebrate it in style. Why don't you send us your favourite and we'll see which ones we'll rerun? I've already asked Awix to send us his favourites, so we can create a short-list once you have sent yours. Please send them to the Post email address which you will find below, and keep your fingers crossed that our planned celebration won't get lost in the transition. I can't wait for it – we had quite a few problems with silly moderation issues again, and it is grating. But I'd love for Awix to make the ten years in one place.

If you look at the headers below, you may wonder what they are about. I have to say that I had no idea, but I liked them. Dmitri is often so generous as to suggest headers for our issues, and I'm usually happy to see if they'll work with the articles we have. So, here is the riddle: Where do the headers come from? We'll give you the answer next week.


Bel

A BOOK OF VERSES UNDERNEATH THE BOUGH

 

 
A JUG OF WINE, A LOAF OF BREAD, AND THOU

 

 
BESIDE ME SINGING IN THE WILDERNESS

  • h2g2 Life

  • Australia vs New Zealand: Wowbagger is schadenfroh.

AH, WILDERNESS WERE PARADISE ENOW

  • Astral Dinosaurs

  • A fantastic story by prof Animal Chaos, with fantastic artwork by Willem.

HE HITHER AND THITHER MOVES, AND CHECKS ... AND SLAYS
COMMUNITY

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A85249597

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more