A Conversation for How to Make a Smoking Pipe out of an Apple

Eat it!

Post 1

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

What a wonderful idea.
And at the end, you can eat the evidence.

I'd heard of apple/raisin flavour combos before but never apple/resin. Can't wait to try it out.
smiley - biggrin
jwf


Eat it!

Post 2

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Hey, this isn't like that mellow-ellow banana scam Donovan pulled in the 60s is it? He had everybody baking banana peel and smoking it smiley - yikes!

smiley - biggrin
jwf


Eat it!

Post 3

Galen

i never heard of that!



no, i have done it myself mulriple times


Eat it!

Post 4

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Well it wasn't really his fault. He sang a cute littel ditty in his hippy dippy way - they call me Mellow Yellow - and because it was the beginning days of the psychedelic revolution some reporter was looking for meaning where there was none and started this rumour that banana skins could get you high.
Like many urban myths it spread quickly and the media felt safe making news out of it - since it was not officially illegal they could tune in to the current pop and do a drug story without fear of breaking laws or be accused of promoting illegal drugs.
They even had so called experts claiming it was true. Summer of 67 it was...
I asked elsewhere about the reference to 'shameful'. Feel free to e-mail (link at the bottom of my homepage) if you'd rather say no more here in a public place.
peace
jwf


Eat it!

Post 5

Galen

no, i assure you, it works. i must say that it is no nearly as good as a wooden pipe or a glass one, but it does add the flavour, and when there is no alternative, it works like a charmsmiley - biggrin


Eat it!

Post 6

Galen

oh, sorry, my page did not load last time and i responded to the first

i am fine and i feel it is right for myself to be shamed in public



you may be aware that i am both a scout and an ace. i recently did somethings i should not have done...

ie: spamming to get a page to the front and to get my postition boosted. it struck me hard that i realized that i should not be doing that sort of thing.


Eat it!

Post 7

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Unless your behavior obstructed the unfolding-of-the-Universe, and I hardly think so - I refuse to ask further details.
smiley - doctor Now, take two aspirin and call someone else in the morning.
peace
jwf


Eat it!

Post 8

Galen

thanks for the advice, i feel better already. now i have to get my email up and running. it currently is broken down


Eat it!

Post 9

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

It took spamming to get the article to the front?

Then how about using a chunk of spam instead of
an apple for your pipe? smiley - silly


Eat it!

Post 10

ian the sweeper of skies and dream weaver

It works fine.Only take the top off the spam tin,and to get your hole for smoking lay the tin on the floor and using a brutal bashing motion ram a pointy knife into the tin making a x shape this can be opened up using a 2h pencil(it was what I used)although I don't suppose it really matters ,however I wouldn't recomend you go below HB.Be very careful not to gash yourself horribly as mouse mats can be expensive.
anyway you get a lovely greasy spam flavoured smoke and any grease that drips from the can is easily wiped using the bandage on your gashed hand.
happy smoking Ian mac.


Eat it!

Post 11

Galen

smiley - weird

how interesting, what types of pipe have you made ian?

you seem to know a lot about them, would you be interested in making an entry together about pipes and how to make them?


Eat it!

Post 12

ian the sweeper of skies and dream weaver

Hi Galen,please give me time to think it over as I am fairly new to all this.
Ian mac'


Eat it!

Post 13

Galen

smiley - ok

sorry for shoving you ito this so quickly


Eat it!

Post 14

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

*speaking o' shoving*

Oi Galen, where's all them great Aggies you were gonna find for us?


smiley - biggrin
jwf - for AGG/GAG/CAC


Eat it!

Post 15

Galen

sorry, i looked some and could not find anything worthwhile. then i kind of got discouraged. i think i will look right now though. also i should be making a pick. 3 actually. smiley - yikes


Eat it!

Post 16

morg_the_furry

i know everyone has done the tin foil pipe thing. but have you ever gotten one made so good you just didn't want to dump it when you got done smoking?

i made one once that i think rivaled some hardsided, real pipes. it had a medium sized bowl and a short stem. and it smoked like a dream, and let's just say that i saw only colors for the next few hours. (then again i coulda had some unknown substances in my smoking material too.)

this article reminded me of that fabulous day. thanx.



Eat it!

Post 17

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

wibble

smiley - tongueout


Key: Complain about this post