A Conversation for How to Look After Your Hair and How to Keep it

Is that true?...

Post 1

stupidgirl,notanace,possiblyathree (Keeper of thingummies, wotsits and oojamerflips)

Is that true about the hardness of your water? Reason I ask is cos I used to suffer terribly with dandruff, and so did my house-mate, but since we moved out to different areas, it has mysteriously cleared up! This could be the explanation!

stoop.


Is that true?...

Post 2

Cheerful Dragon

Dandruff is dead skin in small flakes amongst the hair. I understood that one cause of this is microbial, hence the comment in the article about not sharing a comb with some-one who has it if you don't. As far as I'm aware, the 'hard water causes dandruff' thing is a myth. I live in a hard water area (we need to use a filter jug to stop the kettle furring up), and have done so for years. I don't suffer from dandruff and never have, even though I grew up in a hard water area. (I live in Redditch and grew up in Coventry. Both have VERY hard water!)


Is that true?...

Post 3

Goddess PinkFluffyDuck ruler of all things!

nah i believe that!

i grew up in Solihull which has soft water and never had dandruff, then i moved toportsmouth where the water is VERY hard and had very bad dandruff from the day i moved down there, and no ammount or special shampoos would clear it up, then i moved back to Solihull and it magically went away again!


Is that true?...

Post 4

grr

Haha, I'm a bit doomed with dandruff. Live in a hard water area, and most of us (4 people)end up sharing a brush and/or comb. And wearing black. Small wonder we like snow.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more