A Conversation for How to Look After Your Hair and How to Keep it

get dreads

Post 1

I'm not really here

Yep, no fussing about with washing, drying, styling, or any of that rubbish, and hair is self cleaning. If you keep washing it, it just makes more grease.
And it gets longer quicker, as the hair that breaks off your head stays in the dread instead of falling out.
I had really greasy hair, but now it's in dreads it looks fine. I never need to buy a hairband again either, as I just tie two dreads together.


got dreads!

Post 2

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

Yo Mina!
Way 2 go!
Agree very strongly with all you said, apart from my hair was very dry, and now it's dreaded up, it's cool!
Take two bottles into the shower? Arse!
Respect to the fellow dread!
Zarniroop (Ex-Pesident of the universe)


got dreads!

Post 3

I'm not really here

Cool, a fellow dreadhead. smiley - smiley


Dread Lion

Post 4

Skinny McGee

Go Dread: It's the best decision I've ever made.** No fuss, no fiddlin' about. My rastas are a little chaotic, growing together and whatnot, but with time this too shall pass. Plus you get to stick all manner of beads and whatnot in your hair. I still need a hairband to pull off a ponytail, though. Couple more years and they should be reeeeeeeeeal nice. Only problem is, as a white boy with dreads, everyone automatically assumes you do/deal/want a lot of drugs, and some people are just lacking in subtlety on that point!


Dread Lion

Post 5

I'm not really here

I get called crusty normally. And some of mine are growing together. smiley - sadface Luckily I have a dreadhead friend and we groom each other like a couple of monkeys.
It is so much quicker when I want to go out, no tarting around with hairspray.


Dread Lion

Post 6

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

Being a white rasta has certain advantages, such as the fact that rastas can legally use weed as it's part of religous devotion/practice. Don't know any rasta bikers tho so don't know wether they get the same exceptions as sikh's. btw - any sikhs' in h2g2?

Zarniroop (Ex-Pesident of the universe)


Dread Lion

Post 7

I'm not really here

I'm not a rasta, just a hippy. smiley - smiley
But good luck with the weed, I didn't know that.


Dread Lion

Post 8

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

I tend to call myself a hippy in front of friends and a rasta in front of the law, u see - rasta's are an ethnic group and tend to get more protection from the law than hippies!
Prefer Glasterfarian! meaning dreaded hippy who makes a yearly pilgrimage to worthy farm in somerset.

Zarniroop (Ex-Pesident of the universe)


weed: okay. tap water: taboo!

Post 9

Skinny McGee

Yeah, weed is okay for rastas, but keep in mind, drinking tap water isn't! I just tend the dreadlocks, and use a lot of discretion when i tend the herb.


Removed

Post 10

Liquid Rat

This post has been removed.


Dread Lion

Post 11

Mina

www.dreadheadhq.com


Key: Complain about this post