A Conversation for Gutting a Fish

NOOOO!!! Fish are INNOCENT!!!

Post 81

GreeboTCat

~Greebo grins hugely at the praise~

Oh me knows me the bestest...


NOOOO!!! Fish are INNOCENT!!!

Post 82

Will Jenkins (Dead)

I would do the raised eyebrow smiley but there isn't one


YESSS!!! Fish are DELICIOUS!!!

Post 83

§hadow

Well you see, it all started back when I was but a young lad...my Grandfather took me out fishing one day. We took his old, rickety truck down the back country dirt-roads that were full of potholes and sometimes a large rock or two. We'd left before first light so we would get there when the fish were truly hungry and swimming around looking for breakfast. As we drove along we sipped our coffee and listened in silence to the radio. It was set to play the only station it was still capable of picking up, a 24 hour talk station. The host was talking to a caller about Pokemon and which was his favorite, while I don't have a favorite one personally, my little guy likes MewTwo. Runs around whenever he plays going, "Mew, mew, mew." It pretty much drives me and his Mother nuts, but we love him and it was actually cute for the first couple hundred times. Still it could be worse, after he watched Jurassic Park, he went around growling and walking like a Velociraptor with his hands close to his body and craning his neck around. He would also occasionally come pelting out of hiding, dive through the air, land on us knocking us to the floor and begin gnawing on whatever limb he could reach at the moment. I can tell you we were really glad when that phase was over. Speaking of phases, did I mention it had been a half moon the night we headed out on our cross country drive going to visit her folks? The clouds kept the moon hidden most of the time, but after we cleared this good sized hill, it just peaked right out from behind the clouds in all its majesty and glory. It was a breath-taking sight to behold. I suppose it was because of the nimbus playing around it at the time. I've only ever seen light like that when the Northern Lights are out and actively playing across the sky of Alaska like giant colorful scarves. One almost perfectly matched the scarf my little guy and his Mother bought me for my birthday last year. It's a cute purple-ish color with deeper and lighter purple highlights in it, though its obviously smaller than the Northern Lights and not as colorful at night time like it was in the car. You see we'd burned out the overhead light in the car earlier that week, but hadn't had a chance to replace it yet. We were going to at the nearest automotive shop, but I forgot what I had gone there for and ended up buying colored duct tape instead. While that didn't do us any good for the interior light, we were able to use it a couple of weeks later when we were putting together some boxes for stuff we were going to keep in storage. Well...I'm almost out of time so I suppose I should get to the reason why I hate fishes. You see the real reason is...


YESSS!!! Fish are INNOCENT!!!

Post 84

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

You have no reason to hate fishies... my brother bought three fish and I asked, "Do you really need more fish!??"(he has four tanks, at least, of fish).

To this he replied, "Well, fish are people too!!!"

SO REMEMBER that!!! smiley - smiley

I want a neat-o purple scarf, too...

But I can't get one, so I am going to get an e-card from Greebo, and it'll make me feel better about the scarf.... and you people choosing to scarf down fishies... ::sniffles::


Vegetarians, BBQs, Skinned Cats and Cockroaches

Post 85

Emar, the Flying Misfit... Yes, seriously, he's back...

Okay, I understand that Greebo is a vegetarian cat, and I can respect that. But, uhhh.... why does a vegetarian cat require titanium-tipped false claws? If all she ever needs to do is shred lettuce, enhancements that would make her capable of eviscerating a space shuttle seem to be overkill.


Vegetarians, BBQs, Skinned Cats and Cockroaches

Post 86

GreeboTCat

That is a good question Emar... ~Grin~... and the answer is really quite simple...

In a forum far... far away... someone decided... whilst me was asleep to file my claws down... needless to say... me was rather upset when me awakened... and so me was given these titanium tipped false claws to make up for having no real claws... a clawless cat is a very sad cat indeed..
Now these false claws are as much a part of me as doughnuts... ~grin~


Vegetarians, BBQs, Skinned Cats and Cockroaches

Post 87

Emar, the Flying Misfit... Yes, seriously, he's back...

Must let you tackle some pretty tough veggies, too.


DO TOO!

Post 88

§hadow

I do so have a good reason for not liking fishes, I just ran out of space when I was explaining it last time. So there! smiley - tongueout
~§~ smiley - smiley


Fantastic Idea!

Post 89

§hadow

Tell your brother that's a fantastic idea! Having tanks full of fish, wow!! That way you don't even have to go out on the lake in a boat to catch them, you can just scoop them out of the tank with a net and whack them against a counter then eat them!!!
Thanks again!!!!
~§~ smiley - smiley!!!!!


OH dear no...

Post 90

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

Goodness No.... That's just wrong!! Why don't I put you in a cage and smack you when I feel hungry!?? Huh!?? No... I'd never do that... tis wrong to harm the fishy folk... smiley - sadface


OH dear no...

Post 91

RedFish ><>

Ecuse me, people, but do you realize this forum is visited by fishes? You are being very thoughtless in your discussions, and I feel duty bound as the Patron Saint of aquatic life to ask you to stop.


OH dear no...

Post 92

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

YEAH!! so THERE!!! smiley - smiley


OH dear no...

Post 93

GreeboTCat

Some of my bestest friends are fishies...


OH dear no...

Post 94

Will Jenkins (Dead)

SAVE THE FISH


OH dear no...

Post 95

GreeboTCat

For what???


OH dear no...

Post 96

Will Jenkins (Dead)

Place in large glass container fill with gravel and odd objects and place in dentist's waiting rooms


OH dear no...

Post 97

GreeboTCat

Tut... don't you know that MOST fish do not have teeth...


OH dear no...

Post 98

Fish Called Honda

We Fish have rights! We do not hurt humans, so why do humans want to hurt us???

Leave us alone, and go yourselves and each other instead!


OH dear no...

Post 99

Bob Gone for good read the jornal

Fish shall be protected at all cost.


Fish Shall Prevail!!!

Post 100

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

Fish shall be loved and honored... Fish shall be left to the oceans and rivers in which they were born. Thou shalt(honor) obey thy motherfish and thy fatherfish. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's fish...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more