A Conversation for An Introduction to The Beatles

George Harrison 1943-2001

Post 1

Ottox

smiley - cry

Your smile, it comes back to me
And whatever you may say
Don't let it stop, never fade away

smiley - peacedove


George Harrison 1943-2001

Post 2

Catwoman

The world is, from today, a poorer place.

My God (in whatever form you believe in, if at all) rest his soul.


George Harrison 1943-2001

Post 3

Catwoman

Sorry, that should've been 'May God...'.

Not the most appropriate place to make an error...


George Harrison 1943-2001

Post 4

Ioreth (on hiatus)

Oh george.

Today we all gently weep...


George Harrison 1943-2001

Post 5

Seagull's Lost Horizon

I loved the Beatle's music, and George’s solo work, though I wouldn’t want him to have lived forever, but a bit longer would of been nice.

I didn’t know him myself, but its still sad, he’ll be missed, and my thoughts go out to his family.


George Harrison 1943-2001

Post 6

Cabman Green

If ever there was a time when the world truly needed to hang onto a man of peace and love.

God Bless you George, John, Douglas and all.


George Harrison 1943-2001

Post 7

Bluebottle

I too feel saddened by the loss, and have written a brief tribute here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A662168

<BB<


George Harrison 1943-2001

Post 8

Researcher 200662

I think the best post Beatle TV appearance by George is the Carl Perkins special almost 15 years ago. You can see how happy George was to be performing with Carl, how much love they both had for each other, and like the old BBC radio Beatle shows, George really rocks! (Not to mention Ringo, and Eric Clapton, and Roseanne Cash, and Carl)
But I live in the US and we didn't get very many of his British TV and radio interviews, so maybe there were some memorable moments that could be made into a memorial video/DVD just for those who weren't fortunate enough to see them. Does BBC have any such plans, or are all those interviews no longer in existance? Anybody know?


George Harrison 1943-2001

Post 9

Seagull's Lost Horizon

never saw that, but would love too.

in todays paper they were saying about releasing the last album he was working on, that they'd heard four of the tracks and were impresed, and that george left notes on how he wanted it to be produced and storyboards for a video.

there was going to be a documentary on the bbc last december/january but it was postponed because he family wanted to be involved, but not happend yet - or I missed it.


George Harrison 1943-2001

Post 10

Researcher 200662

The new album seems to have been a work in progress from the time of the Anthology series. I've seen release dates for it as far back as '95. And lots of rumours as to who was involved in the sessions, like Paul and Ringo helping out. Maybe these just sprang up as a result of our desire to see them all back together again. I really don't know how George really felt about working with Paul, and it appears that it depended on whatever mood he was in. I do belive that they were friends, as former Band mates and school mates, and I am sure that whenever they had dinner together, that evening would include strapping on a guitar or sitting at the piano, or breaking out the ukelele. I also suspect that there was a great deal of recording by George from Antholgy to last October, so there must actually be two or three albums worth of material. But what I have read recently about "Portrait of a Leg End" suggests the recordings were made within the last year George was alive, and involved only his son Dhani.
I just hope that George's family takes the time to get all that grieving out, and do an album or documentary that they will be involved and none of those stupid biopics that often come out on TV.


George Harrison 1943-2001

Post 11

Seagull's Lost Horizon

well george was always more intense than the others, but i think they got on reasonably well.

I hope there is lots of stuff they can release, there have cirtanly been a few rumours, but at least one album I should think.


George Harrison 1943-2001

Post 12

Bluebottle

I've heard rumours that one track will be "Derra Doon" (not sure about the spelling) that George sang briefly on the "Beatles Anthology" series when he talked about songs he had written whilst in India, but not recorded - the truth of that, though, I do not know.

<BB<


George Harrison 1943-2001

Post 13

Researcher 200662

I think this past weekend was the anniversary of the very first Dark Horse LP, "The Place I Love" by Splinter, with such beautiful songs as "Costafine Town" and "Elly Mae", that was not only produced by George, but he plays just about every musical instrument, under a variety of pseudonoms. There was another beautiful song they did, "Lonely Man", that was written and produced by Mal Evans. I think the lead singer for Splinter was also in the Plastic Oz Band that John Lennon had produced, n'est-ce pas? Any word on whether it's on DVD? Also Ravi Shankar and Friends "Family" LP. Great music and lotsa love. Maybe we can urge A&M Records to release them, in the wake of George's passing?


George Harrison 1943-2001

Post 14

Researcher 200662

I think this past weekend was the anniversary of the very first Dark Horse LP, "The Place I Love" by Splinter, with such beautiful songs as "Costafine Town" and "Elly Mae", that was not only produced by George, but he plays just about every musical instrument, under a variety of pseudonoms. There was another beautiful song they did, "Lonely Man", that was written and produced by Mal Evans. I think the lead singer for Splinter was also in the Plastic Oz Band that John Lennon had produced, n'est-ce pas? Any word on whether it's on DVD? Also Ravi Shankar and Friends "Family" LP. Great music and lotsa love. Maybe we can urge A&M Records to release them, in the wake of George's passing?


George Harrison 1943-2001

Post 15

Seagull's Lost Horizon

well in the paper today they said the new georgew harrison album should come out in november, and have 11 tracks, most was done in the two months before he died, and will be called brainwashed.


George Harrison 1943-2001

Post 16

Researcher 195688

I've just found this about the forthcoming George Harrison CD.

http://www.abbeyrd.net/news/geospeaks.htm

Roxy641


Key: Complain about this post