CAC Games / Groups for Gamers

0 Conversations

Back to CAC Repository of Games for a Rainy Day
CAC Repository of Games for a Rainy Day

Groups for Gamers

Club Zork

After that Grue has killed you for the hundredth time, or after your character has starved to death every time you tried to play Planetfall, come to Club Zork. They're "dedicated to helping hitchhikers stuck in interactive fiction games, such as those by INFOCOM."


h2g2 Fantasy Film League

This group of researchers plays together on fantasyfilmleague.com. Each player takes the role of a movie producer. Choose a director and six real actors to create your virtual movie. If the actors appear in real films during the game season, you score points. The player with the most money (points) at the end of the season wins.


h2g2 Game Addicts Support Group

This group caters to addicts of the specific word games found on h2g2 such as "Linkword" and "20 questions" and "Four word postings only" and many others. If you're a frequent browser of Ask h2g2, you may have noticed that the high activity on word games there tends to dominate the page at times, pushing regular conversations to the bottom or off the screen. By the power vested in CAC, our pal ~jwf~ urges word game addicts to please start new games on the Game Addicts Support Group, a more proper smiley - ok place for them.


h2g2 Internet Gaming Club

Still in development, this club seeks to help researchers find online gamers to play with or against. First Person Shooters, Real Time Simulations, Role Playing Games, Sports Games and even Board Games.


h2g2 RPG Club

A general group attempting to gather those interested in role-playing games, whether on PC or game consoles, live or with pen and paper and dice.


Mornington Crescent Appreciation Society

As far as I can tell, this society is just a parody of the way some games become so overdeveloped and refined, that people could sit around endlessly discussing which variation they ought to play, which variations were better, and how wonderful certain past games turned out, without ever actually getting to the game itself. But I could be wrong. I can't see why else there would be no explanation of the game on their page, no link to some other page explaining it, and even a rule stating, "You don't talk about Mornington Crescent. The rules are very complex and subject to addition at very little notice. If you try to give a quick run down, you're only going to confuse people." Membership and participation in the Society appears to be a game unto itself.




smiley - smiley - smiley - smiley - smiley - smiley - smiley - smiley - smiley - smiley - smiley - smiley - smiley -


Back to CAC Repository of Games for a Rainy Day

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1053389

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more