Escape Pod Dreams - 16

1 Conversation

The New New blob

Slang is as slang does...


The Personnel office is occasionally a busy one.

(how long can you play Magic: The Gathering?)

There seems to be a trend among the local magistrates of sending public service offenders round.

(how many LLDs does a radio station need?)

The applications and the resumes have taken a bit of a turn for the worse recently. Though we don't mind the lavender scented crayons and biros too much, the tendency to behave as if one never crossed into the shadow of a school of any kind is becoming a bit irritating.

The answers to the basic questions that we have to ask about any knowledge of electricity, broadcasting formats, or business etiquette are becoming quite disturbing, also.

We didn't realize how ignorant we were.

Now, that fellow with the monocle and the purple mohawk last week was the top of the top. He breezed in, expected someone to hang up his hand-embroidered, autographed by the Dalai Lama anorak, brushed off the seat he was offered with a batman's brush, then proceeded to finish the application and the tests in 42 seconds, using a Chinese calligraphy brush with a dexterity we've not seen since the butter was rationed...

Needless to say, the Upper Manglement were so impressed with him that they sent him off to do night duty on the remote transmitter maintenance team.

He didn't blink an eye. He said fine. He said he'd bring his own tools and diagnostic computer and the job would give him time to work on his landmark opus on the difficulties of translating Basque bathroom graffitti of the fifteenth century...

One feels like banging one's head against some modern architecture.

Did I ask to share the planet with gits like this?

Anyway, here are some suitable punishments suggested for those kindly magistrates:

Mercy? What be Mercy? I want Justice!

1.8:57AM

wr1t3r5 610ck 1

by

Pavlov's Wife

2. 8:57 PM

The last of the red hot manifolds: Tiny Perihelion and his Dancing Cats

by

The Tintinnabulus Quartet, First Chair

3. 8:57 AM

DIY Don'ts: The Nail and the Hula

by

New and Improved! Tasty Leftovers!

4. 8:57 PM

The Dimwit Zone: Life with Brother or, Fear? You don't know the half of it!

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

The Escape Pod Dreams
Archive


(tonsil revenge)

20.03.03 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A1003320

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more