A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

109Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1761

Pastey

Yeah, we had something similar here, but it's finally getting kicked out. We've just got to wait for the legislation to go through. The big brewers and pub chains aren't liking it one bit.

Post 1762

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]

Post 1763

Pastey

I seem to have been hit by "waking up early itis" smiley - erm

Is there any anti-caffeine coffee kicking about?

Post 1764

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*the doors of the service lift slide open to reveal a crew of CLI work bots led by Number Eleven, and a live goo spruce, its root ball sitting in a tub on wheels*

*the bots move the tree out of the lift and maneuver it to its usual corner, where it shakes out its branches and stretches upward to see whether it has grown enough to reach the ceiling -- for it is the same tree for the third year running*

*the bots proceed to string the colored LED lights, with cooperation from the tree*

*Eleven pauses and turns to the salonistas* This year it wanted to be named. We've been calling it Bruce.
*after adding water and tree nutrients to the tub, the bots file back to the lift*

Post 1765

Red Dog, old friend, welcome back! It's good to see you. smiley - hug I've been away for about a month myself, or I'd have spoken up sooner.

I want to know who's been charging you for your refreshment. smiley - cross Where's that magic champagne bottle, Matina?

Oh yeah, the IIEM is still out for service. When improbability breaks, it's pretty hard to fix. Meanwhile, we have that steampunk drinks machine over there by the samovar. It's called Carriere. You use it the same way you used the IIEM. Just tell it what you want.

*floats over to the tree* Hello, Bruce. You're looking good. We'll start with the traditional decorations right away.

Post 1766

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

*brings in a gold filigree hen and chicks*

Post 1767

Pastey

I think my waking-up-early-itis has been good for me, yesterday the brewery sold out of stock.

I now have no beer left to sell until the stuff in the fermenters is bottled and conditioned, which is likely to be around New Years Eve. And after that I don't have any more beer until I get some brewed, and I wasn't planning on doing that until the new year as I'm away over Christmas. But now I'm starting to think it'd be a good idea to get some fermenting while I'm away.

Reaction so far to the beer has been very positive, and if this keeps up I'm going to need a bigger brewery!

I think I may celebrate with an early morning espresso martini please Matina!

Post 1768

Matina the Maidbot

*Matina comes out of the kitchen bearing a tray of fresh-baked mbougatses*
*after placing them on the table she gives Carriere a smart thump and points at Pastey, then returns to the kitchen*

Post 1769

Carriere the BistroMath Refreshment Machine

there is a sproinging noise as Carriere shudders and creaks to life, followed by the sound of a coffee grinder, rushing water, the moo of a cow and the clank of crockery, all rounded off with an oogah horn.

All goes silent for several seconds, then the bicycle bell sounds and a small door swings open, out of which comes a hand, nicely dressed in a shirt with french cuffs, bearing a cup of espresso.

The hand deposits the cup on the table and retreats into the box. The door closes and the machine goes silent.

Post 1770

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

*sticks her head sheepishly*

Hi, did you miss me?

Sorry for the prolonged absence, I've got a rather limp excuse smiley - silly.

Actually, I've so hardly ever been in my own account these past few months, I'd almost forgotten what *my* PS looked like.

I promise to make more of an effort.

Post 1771

Todaymueller

Evening
Mags. Brought my boat into the club dock and she has settled in the mud all cock eyed. Down by the head and listing to starboard. I am spending the night on board to see how she settles on the next tide at 02:30. It's blowing well and it is raining. I am not expecting a comfortable night.

Post 1772

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I thought salonistas would appreciate ACDC played on cellos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk

Post 1773

Milla, h2g2 Operations

[smiley - towel]

Post 1774

Bald Bloke

Tod M
Hopefully you are still dry and your boat is now upright.

Post 1775

Santragenius V

That AC/DC thing is pretty mad. That is, I like it smiley - smiley

Santraing from Lansinc Capital City airport (LAN). Not the biggest of airports as they do. And if you get here, don't bother thinking that "Top flight Club" lounge is a place to go. It's not...

We're two Danes sitting in the wee bar/cafeteria with a "job done and probably well enough" beer and a view of the runway and apron.

6 hour layover in O'Hare (ORD) and then a 8-ish hour flight back home. The layover we'll probably go boost the USAian GDP a bit in the next door (so to speak) outloet mall...

Carriere, would you per chance be able to come up with a pint of a recommendable IPA for the road? smiley - grovel

Post 1776

Santragenius V

Oh, where are my manners?

*hangs two long slim golden candle holders on seperate branches, one with a violin as the lower-end counterweight, the other with a saxophone*

*summons Eleven and has a short whispered conversation during which both nods and smiles several times and Eleven seems to communicate a bit with Bruce the Goo Spruce*

*puts candles in the candle holders and lights them*

Apparently Eleven and Bruce between them have conjured up some fields around the flames that will ensure they'll not accidentally set fire to any of the spruce smiley - smiley And there you have it - traditional Danish real candle ornaments.

Post 1777

*admires Santra's candles*

I have a few decorations to put up. I still have the four golden peacocks with tinsel tails that clamp on to branches, and the little budgie made of papier mache and bits of mirror.

*carefully attaches the peacocks then places the budgie where the lights will reflect off its mirrors*

Post 1778

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Here, I have some olde kinde straw stars, tied with red string. Surprisingly sturdy for being grass stems...

smiley - towel

Post 1779

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

*places a salt dough star on a low branch if the tree and an iridescent plastic icicle further up.*

The star is R's we have been making decorations yesterday and today. Today we will paint them. I'm not sure how that will go, but my guess is messily.

I've around 9 weeks until #2 is due if anyone wants to have a guess at date, time, weight and gender.

Post 1780

J'au-æmne

{[j'au still has her stock of gold rimmed calling cards]}

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more