A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 14181

Bluebottle

I think the reason it's annoying is because the only thing that should be at the heart of Quality Care is the wellbeing of the patient.

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 14182

Pastey

PH: Those little tag things on packaging that you're supposed to be able to pull, and then they'll unwind and open the plastic package around things like lids and biscuits.

They always seem to either break off, or unwind in such a way as to be totally pointless, either opening the entire packet of biscuits or not opening the lid of a jar at all.
I seem to always end up getting a knife or a pair of scissors. smiley - erm

Petty Hates

Post 14183

You can call me TC

Ditto CD and DVD cellophane wrappings. smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 14184

Bluebottle

Ditto when you buy a DVD and get it home, and it still has the plastic anti-theft thing in the side 'cos the shop assistant forgot to take it out. True, you can remove it within a few minutes by poking it with a bread knife without damaging the case or contents, which rather defeats the whole point of it.

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 14185

Cheerful Dragon

What about CD/DVD packaging that doesn't have that handy tear strip? The number of times I've had to fight my way through the plastic packaging, just to watch a film.smiley - cross

Petty Hates

Post 14186

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Craft knives are your friend.

Petty Hates

Post 14187

Pink Paisley

NHS 'image slogans' and logos are nearly always seen as pointless, money wasting and patronising by staff struggling to provide a service under enormously reduced funding and staffing levels in organisations that have been over-reorganised until they are nearly dead.

But not by the management for some reason.

They do not inspire.

The organisation we work for has a name. It isn't a 'brand'. We don't need a picture of a tree, held hand, flag, bird, whatever at the top of every letter, leaflet and e-mail. Really we don't.

PP.

Petty Hates

Post 14188

Sho - employed again!

this is Amazon but other online retailers are available and have the same problem.
For some products there is an "ask questions about this product" section, where you can ask things that aren't clear from the description. eg. I was looking at smoothie makers and there were a few questions about how they handle ice cubes etc. And some of the answers are:

Sorry, I can't answer until after Christmas, as it's a present.

#ComeTheRevolution

Petty Hates

Post 14189

Cheerful Dragon

Overuse of 'tribal'. Any design that is stylized or geometric is called 'tribal', even when it's nothing of the sort. It's as bad as products being called Turbo, which is another PH.

Petty Hates

Post 14190

Sho - employed again!

the bus company in my town. Actually it's a bus company from another big town, administered by a third small town.

It's lovely that our village is part of a pilot project to get rural areas connected to fibre optic internet. Without a doubt. That it means having bits of the village dug up over a 3 month period, not so much but it has to be done.

The bus company put two temporary bus stops, around the corner from the regular bus stop. Not so bad (right outside my front door). But... neither the temporary stops nor the regular stops have a timetable or any indication of when to use them.

This morning, apparently, as those of us waiting for the 6:07 found out as we saw it sail past... and the next bus? one hour later...

Petty Hates

Post 14191

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Roosters are damn lucky that eggs and chickens are so delicious. If they weren't, I'd happily eradicate every rooster on the planet.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 14192

Bald Bloke

Sho
Sorry to smiley - laugh but if you believed the UK press such things could only happen over here and "It would never happen like that in Germany"*

*Copyright Daily Mail

Petty Hates

Post 14193

Sho - employed again!

it gets worse - I tweeted them (to be fair they sent me a direct message via Twitter at 8am on the dot) and then they replied to my complaint email (sent waiting for the 2nd bus) by saying "well, guv, it's another office that's responsible for that"

I've photographed the two bus stops this evening - still no sign. The Wrath is being unleashed.

Luckily the bus driver (when I finally got the bus) was astounded when I told him I'd missed the first bus because, no sign, and told him it was likely all the schoolkids were at the proper stop. So he pulled forward to a place they could see him and waited smiley - ok

Petty Hates

Post 14194

Sho - employed again!

oh and I always want to say "well, at least Mussollini made the trains run on time"...

Petty Hates

Post 14195

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Kids' menus and Senior menus. What the hell.

I understand giving discounts and smaller portions to kids and seniors if they want them. After all, why not? But what's this deal about not letting 16+ adults order from the kids menu, or 59- adults order from the senior menu, at regular price? What if I happen to like chicken nuggets and little hamburgers?

Bah.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 14196

Cheerful Dragon

IMO, a menu is a menu. If somebody wants to order from the kids'/seniors menu, they should be able to do so regardless of their age. The restaurant/cafe/whatever is there to serve food, not to quibble about the age of the customer. As long as the food is paid for, it shouldn't matter who eats it.

Petty Hates

Post 14197

Bluebottle

It isn't as if the age of the customer affects the amount of time it takes to cook the item of food...

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 14198

Sho - employed again!

offering a children's or senior's menu is a bit of a loss leader for a restaurant. That means, if they are offering children's menus what they would expect is that there is a parent or adult buying a full priced meal.

I don't blame them for not wanting to sell their loss leader to a full-grown adult - perhaps there is a case to be made for them only offering one child's menu if a full priced one is ordered?

Petty Hates

Post 14199

You can call me TC

But if two little old ladies were out together and both ordered (justifiably) senior menus?

Petty Hates

Post 14200

quotes

There should be two types of till in supermarkets, one for those people who want a lovely long chat to the cashier, and one for those of us who don't want to have to wait behind them.
Guess what my PH is.

Key: Complain about this post