A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 14221

Wand'rin star

1)People who show short films from their computer onto a screen and leave the cursor in the middle of the screen where it will distract from the picture.
2) People who put far too many words on a power point presentation
3) People who read their points out instead of talking round them
4) People who don't proof-read their presentations.smiley - starsmiley - star

Petty Hates

Post 14222

Sho - employed again!

oh WS have you been evesdropping on my company presentations? those all drive me crazy.

they keep telling me to go to our HQ to learn how to do presentations "properly" - ie. all the things in your list (except maybe the cursor)

and I keep telling them to do one :D

Petty Hates

Post 14223

A T Hun

SNOW smiley - snowman

Petty Hates

Post 14224

Sho - employed again!

haha - snow here today, everything in chaos. But it looks pretty.

But PH: the "Narnia phase" of winter - always winter and nothing to look forward to (except Karneval here)

Petty Hates

Post 14225

Bluebottle

How can you hate snow? It only happens once or twice a decade. Maybe three times in a childhood. There should be a law – if it ever actually does snow, everyone who isn't in a necessary profession (ie emergency staff, transport personnel, shopkeepers in shops that sell food) automatically gets the day off, and necessary professions get double pay. That way there aren't as many accidents on the roads, and everyone gets to spend time with their children (if they have any) on one of the few times they'll get to see it in their lifetime.

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 14226

Sho - employed again!

don't get me wrong, I love snow. And we (not sure about anyone else) get it more than once a decade smiley - biggrin

Petty Hates

Post 14227

quotes

PH the fact that it is so difficult to find plastic beakers. I much prefer to drink from plastic (is that so weird? OK, I admit it), but I can't find any reasonable replacements for my ageing stock. Yes, there's plenty of cheap picnic-style beakers out there, but I want the thicker-rimmed stuff.

Petty Hates

Post 14228

Pastey

Have you tried camping shops?

Petty Hates

Post 14229

Cheerful Dragon

What do you mean by 'thicker rimmed'? We own some softish plastic mugs (half pint and pint sized) as well as some melamine mugs (250ml-ish). The melamine mugs came from Tesco, the others from camping shops.

Some outdoor shops can be expensive. It seems like they think it's OK to bump the prices just because the items are used for camping. Shops used by caravanners are the worst for this.

Petty Hates

Post 14230

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Taco Bell has Regular Mt. Dew, but not Diet Mt. Dew. Taco Bell's food is great with Diet Mt. Dew, but I don't like Regular Mt. Dew. It's too heavy and sugary.

But Taco Bell DOESN'T HAVE DIET MT. DEW!!!!!!!!!!!!! smiley - wah

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 14231

quotes

>>What do you mean by 'thicker rimmed'?

CD, I have some old 'PackerWare' beakers here that are formed from a 3mm thick plastic. They hold about a pint each. I can't find any images of them online, the closest would be this these 11 year old items.

http://2670.antiquesnavigator.com/ebay/images/2011/370487434952.jpg

Petty Hates

Post 14232

Cheerful Dragon

OK, quotes, I guess the next question is are they hard or soft plastic. If they are hard plastic, you may find that melamine gives you the required thickness. I've not seen any pint melamine mugs, though, if capacity is important. My soft plastic mugs come in Imperial pint capacity, but they're not as thick as the melamine mugs.

Petty Hates

Post 14233

quotes

They are rigid, but not hard, having something of the texture of expanded polystyrene. I could import something like these from the US:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/JDQAAOxyIHtR4eT3/$%28KGrHqJHJEUFHWUbHBRHBR4eT3l6Cw~~60_57.JPG
...but that would be rather more expensive than I'd like.

Petty Hates

Post 14234

Bluebottle

Thin plastic beakers that bend as soon as you pick them up are annoying – our kids have accidentally spilt blackcurrant down themselves because the cup has changed shape more than once.

What does Mt Dew taste like? Sounds like a mineral water, but I guess not if it comes in 'diet'. I've never seen a Taco Bell. Alas my Taco knowledge is limited to knowing that it is something to do with ending the world by superglue in 'The Lego Movie'...

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 14235

Pastey

Crap fast food version of what passes for Mexican food smiley - erm

There's one in Manchester, first case of food poisoning was its opening week.

Petty Hates

Post 14236

Bluebottle

On a similar note, Subway sandwich shops are annoying. Subway not only sell franchises, but their shops sell salad sandwiches. In these they put salad in a sandwich. To accompany your salad sandwich they offer a wide range of different sauces and condiments, but not the one anyone actually wants to put in a salad sandwich – which is salad cream. smiley - grr

And they don't have watercress either. Or Branston pickle. Or Irn Bru.

I tend to make my own sandwiches...

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 14237

Pink Paisley

Subway also has a corporate smell. And it's stinky.

PP.

Petty Hates

Post 14238

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Salad cream is vile and should be banned. smiley - tongueout

Petty Hates

Post 14239

swl

^^^^^^^^^^^Burn the witch

Petty Hates

Post 14240

Bald Bloke

Mayo is the work of the Devil, Stick with salad cream.

Key: Complain about this post