A Conversation for The Hitchhikers Hotel

The Bar

Post 5541

Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

smiley - blush Ah, that's sweet, Mr. Vestie. And the rest of you.

It's not a matter of pay though; just of time, as in, how often I drop by.

The Bar

Post 5542

Vestboy

Hows the exchange rate?

The Bar

Post 5543

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

You still deserve to be well-paid, lady P. smiley - smiley

I love San Francisco. I've never been to Seattle at all, and my only memories of Portland (the one in Oregon, not the one in Maine) are of steep descent in the airplane as it circled Mount Hood on its way down to the Portland Airport. I don't rememner much about the parts of Portland that we drove through on our way on our way to the beach. smiley - cool

The Bar

Post 5544

loonycat - run out of fizz

I'm getting smiley - envy reading those posts!

Shall we all drink to the smiley - earth today? smiley - smiley

The Bar

Post 5545

Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

Well Paul, I guess we're a bit similar, since I love Seattle, but have never been to San Francisco. smiley - biggrin

Basically everything I've seen of the Pacific Northwest is great - and so very different from what we have here. So much water, and green, everywhere. Olympic National Park is absolutely amazing, all those great old mossy trees. I would like to go back there someday, and do some serious hikes (we've only done drives and short hikes, this time).
I understand that some parts of California are a bit more like the mediterranean in climate, vegetation etc., and it would probably be cool to see that. A note of familiarity in a different place.

The Bar

Post 5546

The Bar

Post 5547

smiley - huhsmiley - pggb

The Bar

Post 5548

Many parts of California are undoubtedly at the same latitudes as the Mediterranean. I wiouldn't be surprised if olives grew in California. Oranges grow there, as well.

The Bar

Post 5549

Gingersnapper+Keeper of the Cookie Jar and Stuff and Nonsense

Yes, they do grow in California .. Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose, Fremont, CA, show a picture in the winter newsletter of a December '08 harvest. I did not find a picture of the event on their web site, tho .. I'll drink to that ..> smiley - pggb ..
http://msjdominicans.org/

The Bar

Post 5550

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

mmmh! looks like the cleaners haven't been paid againsmiley - erm

The Bar

Post 5551

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

F1926356?thread=7261970&skip=24040&show=20

even ours has been hit by the so called recession and drink prices/taxes (can't understand either ? because we're free and don't charge)

The Bar

Post 5552

It doesn't help that smiley - elvis no longer drinks, and probably wouldn't drink here if he did. Five years is a long time between customers. I can't even remember what this place used to be like.

Any ideas for drumming up new business?

Entertainment? Just don't ask me to dance.

The Bar

Post 5553

at 5550 posts, not much has been drunksmiley - laugh

The Bar

Post 5554

I was going to write a drinking son g for this place, but I couldn't get past the first bar.

ba-da-bing! smiley - drumroll

The Bar

Post 5555

Vestboy

I've always wanted to fill champagne glasses like they do in fillums...
.....smiley - bubbly
smiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly
Has anyone got a step ladder?

The Bar

Post 5556

You'd have to ask my stepbrother. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more