A Conversation for The Mornington Crescent Appreciation Society

Beginners' Game

Post 21

Porridge Bird

Is anybody out there?

Perhaps people are just too busy to get back to this game. (I heard Ceasar himself lost a particularly exciting game of "Athens Crescent" that way; he didn't show up for a few years to continue the game. Of course, he was murdered so that he wouldn't show up...)


Beginners' Game

Post 22

Giford

Hence his famous last words, 'et Tube Route A', showing that he had an incisive Carthaginian counter-rotation planned via Byzantium.

Gif smiley - geek


Beginners' Game

Post 23

Porridge Bird

Wow, that's deep. (Tube Route A, not the words.)

Incidentally, Ceasar's successor went on to create a new game, Roman Crescent. It failed miserably because all roads led to it.


Beginners' Game

Post 24

Ms_Bodgers

considering its daylight savings I'm pitching:
Woodside Park


Beginners' Game

Post 25

Ms_Bodgers

considering its daylight savings I'm pitching:
Woodside Park


Beginners' Game

Post 26

Ms_Bodgers

Obviously I'm not going back on myself that would show a distinct lack of decorum (going by basic rules for beginners) just getting a little 'click happy'. Deepest apologies.


Beginners' Game

Post 27

Eusebio - squad number 11

Hammersmith


Beginners' Game

Post 28

Moonglum Clampflower (MornC), Muse of Ego, Keeper of the Lamp and Guru, (aka Happinose)


Hmmm. Ok ...

Angel! smiley - angel

smiley - crescentmoon


Beginners' Game

Post 29

Bob The Boilerman - Chief Engineer and Procrastinator

Using the two stop varient of the Croydon (1963) strategy ...

Ladbroke grove


Beginners' Game

Post 30

Moonglum Clampflower (MornC), Muse of Ego, Keeper of the Lamp and Guru, (aka Happinose)


Hmmm, ok, but keep it simple. This is the beginners game after all.

Holborn!

smiley - crescentmoon


Beginners' Game

Post 31

kalan ( sits in his tree playing a lute!!)

being a begginer i hope this is ok

Blackfriars.


Beginners' Game

Post 32

Laura

South Kensington


Beginners' Game

Post 33

The Godfather of Cheesecake

Tufnell Park.....


Beginners' Game

Post 34

kalan ( sits in his tree playing a lute!!)

Golders Green.


Beginners' Game

Post 35

November235 - There are only three words that rhyme with Sarge!

Stepney Green


Beginners' Game

Post 36

Moonglum Clampflower (MornC), Muse of Ego, Keeper of the Lamp and Guru, (aka Happinose)


Oh dear, smiley - erm. I remember the palava that went on last time someone went there. Created a mobius move plan that would put tears on the popes nose I tell you. Ok, let's go for a reverse side twist and hit ...

Chancery Lane.

smiley - crescentmoon


Beginners' Game

Post 37

Baryonic Being - save GuideML out of a word-processor: A7720562

Piccadilly Circus.

I hope it's okay to use a discombobulated conversifier at such an early stage in the game, but you were in 'spoon' for a while so I presume it's fine.


Beginners' Game

Post 38

Moonglum Clampflower (MornC), Muse of Ego, Keeper of the Lamp and Guru, (aka Happinose)


Yeah that's ok. I think this move really shows you how Swedish Inversion works to mix it up a bit. You can get so entrenched with the back stretch. Reminds me of the Hawthingbury papers that mooted against the Fotheringay principle. The petitions went on for weeks. The principle is the same though.

Oh and ...

Royal Oak.

smiley - crescentmoon


Beginners' Game

Post 39

Baryonic Being - save GuideML out of a word-processor: A7720562

Good move. And from there, the back door leads on to:

Euston.


Beginners' Game

Post 40

madsue

well kalan seemed to do ok as a beginner, so I will say smiley - erm

Gloucester Park

and hope that I am not falling foul of any of StovoldĀ“s Rulings. Am I playing by the right set of rules here!!!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more