h2g2 Post 31.01.2000

0 Conversations


Posted: 31st January 2000

Welcome to edition 8 of the Post.

Have you ever thought about taking a foreign holiday? A very foreign holiday? An American real estate tycoon is so sure that space hotels will orbit the moon within a few years that he has bet $500m on the prospect. Robert Bigelow, of Las Vegas, believes that, in 15 years time, space fans will be boarding commercial space shuttles for holidays. His company... Bigelow Aerospace, formed last March, has 17 employees working to privatise space travel.

Mr. Bigelow expects the fares to cost around $500,000!
See you there then... and don't forget to pack the Guide!

On a more down-to-earth note (or is it?), please do consider making someone's day on 14th
February by posting up your Valentine message. All offerings considered (keep them clean
though please) and don't forget to enter our artwork competition. So, get those pens and
brushes(!) out and get weaving.

  • 1-2-1

  • This week we're profiling another researcher like you and I. We've picked Teaserman

  • Take 5

  • The pick of this week's batch of new Guide entries.

  • Agony Aunt

  • h2g2 is not a 'normal' community, it doesn't have 'normal' problems, therefore a 'normal' Agony Aunt would be useless. Ours is far from 'normal'.

  • Wowbagger



  • Wowbagger's take on the h2g2 Editorial Team, and their culinary abilities.

  • h2g2 Life



  • The second instalment of our new comic strip.

  • Collaborative Efforts



  • Let's face it, my introductions to articles are awful. This week's Collaborative Efforts
    showcase is for a collection of jokes, I think I'd better go over there.

  • Diary of a No-One


  • A cynical look at current affairs brought to us by the Blackfield Church Group.

  • My Time in Romania

  • The fourth installment from the diary of a researcher working in a Romanian orphanage.

  • The Think Tank


  • A central point to exchange ideas on articles. Whether you're
    writing a future Guide entry and want some help with spelling, grammar
    or content, or you have a few moments to spare and wish to proof read
    for a fellow researcher, this is the place.


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A474789

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more