The Nature of TimeI was drawn to h2g2 by way of a Google search on "nature of time."
Reading, thinking, and occasionally writing about the fundamental nature of time have been my avocation and passion for the past 50 or so years. During that time, I gradually have amassed some thoughts on the topic which I believe are original, constructive, and, best of all, "correct," whatever that may mean in the context of science and/or philosophy; I personally take it to mean that these ideas currently are the best available explanation for observed phenomena, with the understanding that they will remain so only until someone offers a better, more comprehensive explanation, which presumably would then subsume all previous "best explanations." Should anyone be interested, relatively brief essays setting forth what I believe is a helpful paradigm for the nature of time can be found at http://sites.google.com/site/smithjcnparadigm/ and http://sites.google.com/site/smithjcn/time and http://www.fqxi.org/data/essay-contest-files/Smith_IOTT6.cwk.pdf and http://www.fqxi.org/data/essay-contest-files/Smith_Rethinking_a_Key_Assu.pdf.
|Messages left for this Researcher||Posted|
|You haven't abandoned us, have you?||Oct 28, 2008|
|Hello again!||Apr 27, 2007|
|It shouldn't have taken me so long to this||Dec 12, 2006|
|Applause||Nov 24, 2006|
|Lurking||Nov 22, 2006|
|Conversation Title||Latest Post||Latest Reply|
|Building character at 7.45am||No Posting||4 Days Ago|
|30 years||No Posting||Oct 9, 2020|
|What's on Radio 3||No Posting||May 1, 2020|
|Flying today||No Posting||Mar 12, 2020|
|Some kind of record||No Posting||Dec 23, 2019|
This user has no Entry subscriptions
Most Recent Edited Entries
- This user has not written any Edited Entries.
- Rethinking a Key Assumption About the Nature
- Toward a Helpful Paradigm for the Nature of T
- On the Impossibility of Time Travel
- Time: Illusion and Reality (CAC Edition)
- Time: Illusion and Reality
h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Not Panicking Ltd. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
- Edward the Bonobo - Gone.
- badger party tony party green party
- Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit
- Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like
- Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman
- HappyÐude® MK II in a yellow polka dot bikini
- kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website
- Santragenius V
This user has no Bookmarks