A Conversation for h2g2 Announcements

Monday 16th December - 2014 h2g2 Annual Meet

Post 41

Secretly Not Here Any More

England's first WC2014 match is at 11pm on June 14. I'd advise not being in town then, because it'll get lairy.

Fortunately for Anthea, etc, Scotland's first game at the World Cup isn't until the 15th of Never, so that's something.

Post 42

Bald Bloke

Rats; I had hoped pig bladder chasing season was over by then, but unremembered the international season extension.

Post 43

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

I'm definitely interested to participate smiley - diva Been far too long since last meet in UK for me.

Considering work schedules etc. a meet May 31st or June 7th would suit me best.

smiley - dragon

Post 44

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - lurksmiley - 2cents

Post 45

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

re 43:

I'm looking forward to meeting you at Copenhagen Airport, your smiley - dragonally (smiley - dragonian? smiley - dragonious?) majesty - together with Milla, Hati, Ti, Santra and maybe even Tartaronne, Ottox and who else from the Nordic Club might be willing and able smiley - ok

smiley - pirate

Post 46

Milla, h2g2 Operations

smiley - ok

I would love to travel together!
smiley - towel

Post 47

Hati

Actually I can have a direct flight, too. smiley - whistle

Post 48

Titania (gone for lunch)

If I can make it to the meet, I'll be taking a directr flight from Stockholm.

Post 49

If there are enough people traveling up from London way (or, indeed, travelling into London first, then taking the train up to Manchester), and* if times can coincide, then someone with a grasp of maths might consider investigating the possiblility of a 'group booking' (in advance), which, I believe one can do, and which, I imagine, may save a few more smiley - 2cents than just the useual booking in advance smiley - alienfrown Of course, I guess that'd be awkward to organise, as it may involve timing returning to London from Mancehster at the same time too... smiley - alienfrownsmiley - evilgrin we could take over an entire carage... I'll bring the bread, and everyone else can bring some cheese smiley - laugh and wine smiley - drunk

Post 50

You can call me TC

That's worth thinking about, 2legs. All very tentative on my part but I could go to my mother's first, and then travel with you from Cambridge, maybe.

Post 51

I was thinking more along the lines, we could all gather and meet up at... err, whichever London station is the best to head up to Mancehster from.... Kings Cross? Liverpool St..... been so long since I did It I can't remember; mind, I think there probably is actually a train that goes direct from Cambridge to Manchester (the liverpool train perhaps?), not travleled that sort of direction for such a long while I can't quite recall smiley - blush (also, if just one person; travelling with me, (in both directions), I can get 1/3 off the price of a ticket, for one* companion... on my railcard.. ) ((not sure if that can be used in conjunction with booking in advance or not though... I must go investigate)) smiley - zen

Post 52

Pastey

London Euston to Manchester Piccadilly smiley - smiley

Post 53

re 46, 47 and 48:

We don't have to meet in Copenhagen, of course. As long as we meet in Man smiley - ok

smiley - pirate
(not that I can promise anything, but I will certainly give it a try)

Post 54

If your all hailing from the same general area, can't you just hire a plain? I'm sure one of you can fly it... probably... smiley - winkeyesmiley - silly

Post 55

We could sail. But the last time we approached England's eastern shores we were met with arrows and spears smiley - erm

smiley - pirate

Post 56

Icy North

I suggest you avoid Lincolnshire next time.

smiley - run

Post 57

smiley - ta *smiley - piratemakes notes*

Post 58

Hati

Actually, the most recent trip was somewhat different: http://www.euronews.com/2013/12/17/the-vikings-are-coming-but-this-time-in-peace/

Post 59

Ah, yes, I remember it - vaguely... smiley - erm

In my defense I was smiley - drunk at the time

smiley - pirate

Post 60

FWR

how come you fine folk are all travelling to a city about 40 miles away from me from all over the place at exacly the same time I'll be donning the leathers and riding off around Europe for the month (missing world cup too!!). Once date is set I'd love to come say hello and the photo workshop (and C) sound great!smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more