A Conversation for Ask h2g2

So, where is everybody?

Post 81

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Again I'm wondering where everyone is.smiley - erm

So, where is everybody?

Post 82

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

According to our latest, scientific understanding: All the people in the known universe are on Earth. smiley - earth

smiley - tongueoutsmiley - pirate

So, where is everybody?

Post 83

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Well, except for a few of the astronauts, I suppose.

smiley - aliensmilesmiley - pirate

So, where is everybody?

Post 84

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Actually, I sometimes wonder where *I* am. smiley - winkeye

So, where is everybody?

Post 85

Pink Paisley

At the moment I am in Hitchin. I will be in Baldock for about 30 minures at 10-ish and then will be back in Hitchin for the rest of the day.

I hope this helps.

PP.

So, where is everybody?

Post 86

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - wow not too many million miles from me smiley - laugh err.... well, theoretically... physically.... geogrpahically speaking anyhow.... as, according to such criteria It appears I'm still in Cambridge... smiley - zensmiley - silly central CB1 which.... as its probably freezing cold out... is likely to be where I'll remain... until..... well. for the day at least I recon smiley - blush

So, where is everybody?

Post 87

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Well I was away for a short while but something drew me back to find that people are still missing and that certain of us seem to be on the verge of leaving..

I'm wondering how many of us are communicating behind the scenes thus not needing to actually visit hootoo?

smiley - teasmiley - friedeggsmiley - friedegg

We really need a bacon smiley and a toast one too.

So, where is everybody?

Post 88

if such a smiley exists.... I'd jsut be in constant trubble for over-using it, and drawing too much brandwidth or soemthing smiley - laughsmiley - flyingpig (coincidence, or not; 8 sausages and a substantive amoutn of bacon currently under the grill!) smiley - laugh

So, where is everybody?

Post 89

I can't visit behind the scenes, as I only know one [former] researcher in real life. Some of the people who seem on the verge of leaving have been on that verge so long that I am suspicious. The people who want to leave badly enough tend not to announce their intentions.

Don't know if this helps, but I've noticed these things a lot.

Some of the people who do leave seem to reappear months or even years later. I did it myself once, for a year or two.

So, where is everybody?

Post 90

bobstafford

True with possible exceptions

So, where is everybody?

Post 91

With a group this large, you'd pretty much have to have exceptions...

So, where is everybody?

Post 92

smiley - bigeyes I dunno... people come... new people often find it hard to fit in, with any new 'crowd', be it the 'gang' at school, in the workplace, at the pub, etc., etc., and certainly; whenever I encounter a new online 'community' or 'forun', I find them so* daunghting, despite... whatever decades of err... 'service' I've got on hootoo, fetlife, and... a million and one other sites smiley - blush - just today I chicken out of posting on a forum, and indeed, chickened out of even joining; for fear of 'mis-gagueing' the ... sort of ... spirit or... dunno what you'd call it, of the particular site/forum.... smiley - erm I miss a lo tof the old people I recall (often only vaguely now), from the way way back when on here... but, then, there are new people, who really I still need to make more effort to try get to know better, who, from waht I see, I just know I can really 'get' them, etc... but... well... soemtimes 'new', or ... suchlike is a frightening or daughtening thing... rejection... etc.. I guess... dunno....

Right now I'm here.... mainly, because I'm sort of scared to go to bed. no mean feet for an ugly smiley - bleep like me, smiley - laugh scared, I shoudl say, of yet another 7, or 8, or 9 hours, spent, laying in bed... turning from one side to the other.... feeling too hot... too cold... worrying I've got a fever... thinking about anything and everything, and then getting up, having slep exactly not at all.... yet a smiley - bleep ing gain smiley - laughsmiley - sleepy and just catching up on threads, on here, I've missed whilst... spending the last few hours having my hair strokes smiley - blushsmiley - loveblushsmiley - blushsmiley - senior - in the not too distant past, I might just be logging on, having returned... slightly out of my skull, from being out all night drinking..... or... whatever.... times.... change I guess smiley - laugh but a lot actually remains very very very much the same, depsite immediate seeming evidence to the contry... I'd certainly ... be utterly lost without this place... for some strange reason... smiley - weird but I've certainly no plans of vanishing any time soon.... for any damn reason smiley - laughsmiley - zen - I figure if I'm gona suffer... I might as well continue making other people suffer too smiley - sillysmiley - tongueout oo. I'm in an odd mood tonight... which, given how odd my moods generallyl are.... must be .... really kinda odd .
maybe I should try that 'sleep' thing, smiley - grovel afterall... soon..... smiley - laugh

So, where is everybody?

Post 93

Yes I often have to talk severely to my brain to stop mucking about and let me sleep..

In the end I got a white noise app for my tablet..chirping desert insects at the moment..Reminds me of being a kid in Nigeria..

I have tried booze but I found I kept waking up every couple of hours.

Valerian tea and the scent of lavender helps too which I found useful during the rotten migraines I used to have when the painkillers seemed to stop working.

Hope you get some sleep tonight 2legs.. smiley - tea

So, where is everybody?

Post 94

Oh... I've tried white noise; oddly, for years, a fridge worked well! (when at Uni), then that never seemed to work again, with any kinda white noise.
drinking less caffine, sometimes helps, but not always (not had too much today; and all early in day, not late afternoon/evening).
Boooze is no good!; that ain't real sleep!; I've done enough drunken sleeping to know that! smiley - laugh (in my long-gone bad days, mind) smiley - zensmiley - angel
its just the turning brain off bit... sluggish... slow... barily awake all day.... get into a loverly fresh made bed, bang. brain suddenly switches into gear, no matter how tried I seemed to be... now, if I had a solution for that smiley - laughsmiley - grovel

luckily, I've useually soem very good ways, to cope with the results of just not sleeping, and function well, or very well, on, or despite of it smiley - zen sadly... at the moment, that seems to ahve failed too smiley - wah

but.

Iv'e a plan.
and, of course, its so weird. I'm not even going to mention it. (no its not rude!), but. its ... something which for me, in a very odd way may just work, at least in the 'functioning during the day, on no sleep' thing, until such time as I can actually get some sleep.

f course. tonight, may be the night. - if I ever make it into bed, I may find out, one way or the other smiley - laugh think I'll go try, actually.

goodnight.... (I hope!)

So, where is everybody?

Post 95

bobstafford

Good nightsmiley - cheers

So, where is everybody?

Post 96

Thanks. smiley - erm err. smiley - blushsmiley - dohsmiley - angelsmiley - angel err. yeh. really going this time... honest smiley - laughsmiley - blushsmiley - zzz

So, where is everybody?

Post 97

bobstafford

You will do!

The most normal person on the sitesmiley - cheers

So, where is everybody?

Post 98

"I'm in an odd mood tonight... which, given how odd my moods generallyl are.... must be .... really kinda odd ." [2Legs]

Maybe what's extremely odd for you is normal for someone else. smiley - whistle

Okay, it's a longshot, but we've tried everything else. smiley - winkeye

So, where is everybody?

Post 99

OMG! smiley - wow er... OMB even smiley - laughsmiley - zen so... maybe if I go 'really weird', or 'really odd', I'll .... like start existinging on the same plain of reality as everyone else?! smiley - wow =- you know... I've always wondered... always been exquisitive as to what that 'reality' thing others have might be like.... I'm guessing its less purple, and doesn't involve so many eels smiley - zen

So, where is everybody?

Post 100

I note that hardly anyone in my street has gone to work today..But it seems that no one is here today.Have all the workers stayed home?Gone for a long weekend and therefore are having a RL?

Key: Complain about this post

So, where is everybody?

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more