A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Do you use the word "trouser" in the singular?

Post 141

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Captive Weasels sounds like a good name for band on the other side of the world. smiley - biggrin

Post 142

Rod

Aha! Icy - the old uns are the best uns, eh?

Post 143

Rod

Oh and paulh, the other side of whose world, eh?

Post 144

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

The universe wasn't constructed by carpenters.

It was quantum mechanics.

As you were.

TRiG.smiley - book

Post 145

" the other side of whose world, eh?" [Rod]

Well, like, you know......

Some place south of the Equator perhaps.

Post 146

Rod

ah, back on track then

<Some place south of the Equator<
is just where trousers belong

Post 147

ITIWBS

...of course, if one doesn't want to go that far afield to a change of climate, weather conditions in Minnesota at the moment are about like summertime Antarctica 30 million years ago...

We're getting a little of that weather system here at the moment, in the Coachella Valley, filtering down the course of the Colorado River and spilling into the valley, producing unusually cool summertime conditions, daytime temperatures hovering between 100F/38C and 110F/43C rather than 10-12F/5.556-6.667C higher, while the rest of American West is hotter and drier than usual.

There's still ice on the Great Lakes, due to a cold air mass coming up over Hudson's Bay, which is also affecting Gulf Stream weather.

As to what all that has to do with trousers, if I were in Minnesota at the moment, I'd be debating thermal underwear versus overalls.

Post 148

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Quantum mechanics has a lot to answer for... Not just visa the creation of the order of the universe, but also why I can't get a pair of trousers that fits smiley - blush ever shrinking waist, and virtually no bottom .... actually I think genetics rahter than quantum mechanics has a lot to answer for visa the bottom department. Hmm. no. I can't think of a way to write that without someone being able to ... smiley - snork midinterprit... smiley - runsmiley - blushsmiley - towel

Post 149

KB

I've never met your dad, and I've no idea what he even looks like, but I still feel a bit queasy that your "genetics" comment has led me to contemplate his bottom. smiley - bigeyes

Post 150

2Legs, I can't tell whether you want exercises [lunges, perhaps?] to enlarge your gluteus Maximus muscles, or expert tailoring to make your trousers fit what you have now.

Here's a site with exercises:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/glute-workout-6-ways-to-build-your-perfect-booty.html

For expert tailoring, you'll need to look around your neighborhood. perhaps jeans are harder to tailor than most garments, but surely someone could help. smiley - goodluck

Post 151

ahhh. oh. I could rpely with many things.... but won't... smiley - whistle excetp... except... just... to say...
Oh. smiley - wow bottom exercises! smiley - sillysmiley - snorksmiley - snorksmiley - roflsmiley - snorksmiley - snorksmiley - roflsmiley - sorry

Post 152

smiley - smiley

Post 153

Bottom exercises... tongue exercises... whatever next smiley - whistlesmiley - run

Post 154

I fear that we might never see the end of this.

Post 155

I could always take a pic of the end of it for you.... then everyone could see it... smiley - roflsmiley - roflsmiley - roflsmiley - roflsmiley - snorksmiley - snork my tongue! what else did you think I meant! smiley - tongueoutsmiley - snorksmiley - snorksmiley - snork I'm in a funny mood today... funny peculiar... its the weather... smiley - flusteredsmiley - sleepysmiley - snorksmiley - rofl

err. back to topic... err. was there a topic? smiley - erm

ahh. trousers... and trouser.

If I had but trouser enough, and time enough, were the trouser strong enough, and long enough, then maybe we'd get through. smiley - zensmiley - alienfrownsmiley - huhsmiley - ermsmiley - snork

Post 156

ITIWBS

A potato sack without the bottom?

Post 157

I have no bottom smiley - cry or, so people tell me smiley - blush For, in th beginning was the trouser smiley - zen

Post 158

bobstafford

And it was to pass that 2legs was to mock the gift of mans trouser.
Yea verily even the mans trouserparts.
Even unto the adornment of the cod piece to enhance his quota.
So those who saw it were to exclaim in awe of the size of his portion.

smiley - winkeye

Post 159

smiley - snorksmiley - applausesmiley - roflsmiley - snorksmiley - applausesmiley - rofl

and... how true... my one really decent pair of trousers, black Levi jeans, which actually* more or less fit me, are female skinny fit jeans smiley - snork yeh... I actually fit better in female Levi's than male ones smiley - snorksmiley - blushsmiley - diva maybe someone is trying to tell me something... smiley - snork

Post 160

This is what you get for losing weight around the waist, 2Legs. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more